Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took an online functions test and scored almost equally high in both Ne and Se....actually Se was a little bit higher which surprised me. I've always felt on the border is sensing and intuition but some days I feel more strongly one way or another.

So....I guess my question is how does your Se manifest itself? How do you use it and how does it help you and/or harm you?

I'm still quite sure I'm an ENFP but ESFP isn't too far fetched...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I recently took an online functions test and scored almost equally high in both Ne and Se....actually Se was a little bit higher which surprised me. I've always felt on the border is sensing and intuition but some days I feel more strongly one way or another.

So....I guess my question is how does your Se manifest itself? How do you use it and how does it help you and/or harm you?

I'm still quite sure I'm an ENFP but ESFP isn't too far fetched...
Linnifae,

My mom scored 1% S, does that mean she is an ENFP, not an ESFP? I do know that she is likely very intuitive. Could you maybe express the difference between an ESFP and an ENFP? Do I consider my mom to be ENFP, because I know her personality? Help on this would be appreciated. What does this border between sensing and intuition mean?

I apologize I am not able to answer your question in further detail, I am not too knowledgeable about this topic. But I am assuming that you'll be able to help me classify my mom, and then I can try to relate to her better. I don't think she likes me too much.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still learning how to practically apply these functions myself so I may not give the best explanations....

I believe I am an N rather than an S because of my preoccupation with the future. It is extremely difficult to live in the moment for me, while many confirmed sensors I know mainly live in the moment. (My husband for example) Sensors supposedly are more detail oriented. They take in their surroundings more easily while intuitives are more "big picture" and their perception comes more from hidden meanings and "what if?" I tend to pick up nuances more than concrete evidence (sometimes the biggest, most obivous "in your face" evidence is completely lost on me. But I'll notice something or draw a conclusion that can be dead on but seems like quite a leap in logic, yet with suprirising accurate results)

As I said, I'm still getting my feel for the functions myself, but that's the best way to describe it for me....

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ehh...I don't know. Living in the future is Ni, not Ne. So, when you do that, you are using Ni. Although I'm sure you use Ne, too. Also, Se users usually see the big picture too. You don't really have to be a Intuitive to see the big picture---it's just easier to do so at times. However, you are right about Intuitives(Ne users, to be specific) thinking about "what if's" and thinking of possibilities more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts