Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Hopefully I'm not alone in this niche. I enjoy reading short stories/books/poems with surreal/absurd forms of comedy. One of the finest examples of what I'm looking for are the works written by Daniil Kharms. I'm hoping someone can suggest some more content like this.

Here's a list of things I feel fall into this category. I would greatly appreciate more if anyone can add on to this list.

Daniil Kharms Short Stories
Lewis C. Carroll Short Stories/Books
The Stanley Parable (Steam Video Game)
A Young Doctor's Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
Book Simulator by Chris Yee
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Monty Python

Please feel free to suggest movies, video games, short stories, books, poems, whatever you may have. I'd love to check them out.

Thanks!

·
Banned
5,683 Posts
Hello,

Hopefully I'm not alone in this niche. I enjoy reading short stories/books/poems with surreal/absurd forms of comedy. One of the finest examples of what I'm looking for are the works written by Daniil Kharms. I'm hoping someone can suggest some more content like this.

Here's a list of things I feel fall into this category. I would greatly appreciate more if anyone can add on to this list.

Daniil Kharms Short Stories
Lewis C. Carroll Short Stories/Books
The Stanley Parable (Steam Video Game)
A Young Doctor's Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
Book Simulator by Chris Yee
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Monty Python

Please feel free to suggest movies, video games, short stories, books, poems, whatever you may have. I'd love to check them out.

Thanks!
Whitest Kids U Know
George Carlin
(I love Monty Python!)

Sent from Heaven using My Will

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love George Carlin! XD I've already seen The Whitest Kids you know as well, I simply forgot to mention them. Thanks though, good suggestions!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
flatland

Reactions: King Piece

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I am dumb, but is that the actual book? I never knew it was short stories.

Also:

I don't wanna report you to the police, but I kinda do...
That is the actual book. Not short stories though, one long story that unfolds in a nonlinear fashion. FYI: The title coined the term, not the other way around.

The chaplain's name threw me at first, R. O. Shipman. I remembered it as A. T. Tappman...turns out Shipman was an early edition name that was retained in UK printings. Something new every day.

Also: Snitches get stitches.

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
cheech& Chong movies
Harold & kumar- all 3 movies
evil dead 2 & army of darkness
reanimator 1-3
F.D.R. American badass
look whose back
dead snow 1&2 which is a European remake of evil dead series

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheech& Chong movies
Harold & kumar- all 3 movies
evil dead 2 & army of darkness
reanimator 1-3
F.D.R. American badass
look whose back
dead snow 1&2 which is a European remake of evil dead series
Lol, I've seen the first half of your list. Everything from F.D.R. down I haven't seen. I'll be sure to check them out, my fiance and I do movie nights so I may very well be watching one of them tonight. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
3 Posts
comedians Brent Weinbach, Reggie Watts and definitely Andy Kaufman come to mind.
Justin Roiland stuff pre-Rick and Morty (The Unmarketables, House of Cosbys)
the Barkley's Barnyard Critters movie Brian Gibson did (game developer, bassist of the band Lightning Bolt) (pukekos dot org/2013/02/barkleys-barnyard-critters-mystery-tail.html)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
comedians Brent Weinbach, Reggie Watts and definitely Andy Kaufman come to mind.
Justin Roiland stuff pre-Rick and Morty (The Unmarketables, House of Cosbys)
the Barkley's Barnyard Critters movie Brian Gibson did (game developer, bassist of the band Lightning Bolt) (pukekos dot org/2013/02/barkleys-barnyard-critters-mystery-tail.html)
That is a ton of new content for me to go through! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm not sure if it fits in your category, but you could take a look at Simon Pegg's movies (the ones he directed).
The Discworld book series
Goat simulator (video game)
Charlie the Unicorn Youtube series
Llama's With Hats Youtube series (warning: gets dark)
Also not sure if it fits, but it's one of the best YouTube series I've seen: Doraleous and Associates Youtube series (this one is pretty long)

Links to the YouTube series:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts