Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Tests are bullshit, I think a lot of the ENTJs on here aren't actually ENTJs. Maybe ENTPs or ESTJs.

But, being an underdeveloped ENTJ, what do I know.

Reactions: Champagne Wishes

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Was referring to her testing ENTJ. Read closely.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Because you´re considering the possibility. I would expect more certainty if there's Ni in your first 2 functions. But maybe you simply wanted to talk about this subject and then you´re probably the ENTJ that you test as.

Speaking about tests,.. this might be an opportunity to understand better that MBTI tests ask you to answer about what you prefer and not what you actually do, even though most MBTI tests seem to be asking about what you do. When you ask based on what you do, you tend to remember the last couple of weeks, months at the most, and answer based on what you remember what you did recently.

And another thing,.. your avatar,.... not a very introvert type of avatar. (Unless she's yawning but it looks like screaming to me.)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tests are bullshit, I think a lot of the ENTJs on here aren't actually ENTJs. Maybe ENTPs or ESTJs.

I've questioned my "MBTI Type" several times for this reason. I've questioned the I/E and the J/P a lot. I think the NTJ cognitive functions fit me well. My parents always maintain that I was a boisterous outgoing child from a young age so I always just assumed that must mean E. But then my parents also remembered me spending long periods of time alone conducting experiments, teaching myself a new language or reading history textbooks so that sounds I-- It is interesting @Lazy Bear to know that you don't relate to a lot of those descriptions (as accurate or inaccurate as those "signs" may be).

I definitely above all related to the "too intense" remark. I get that more times than I'd like to count, from childhood to now.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The problem is that Dichotomy bullshit is just that...bullshit. Even if you are an extrovert you're not going to be on all the time and really the only extroverts that fit stereotypical extrovert qualities are ExFJs because of the people orientation of Fe, even so not all ExFJs are fond of people. Neither all are other extroverts most ESxPs would rather be caught up in stimulating activities than chatting with people, most ENxPs have interests beyond anything sensory/hands on (typically books, art, or internet). And ExTJs are more interested in their goals and getting stuff done than people and anything having nothing to do with their goals(although they can have goals concerning people and could want good image). Putting that in mind the difference between ENTJ and INTJ is a very thin one on the extrovert/introvert scale both can be very pragmatic, make great leaders, and be top flight professional strategists. The only difference is the INTJ is more deliberate than the ENTJ because of dominant introverted intuition vs Dom extroverted thinking.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
@kb82, Oh, I mean, yeah, I get that. But a lot of them that signal introversion, I don't identify with.

The too intense one? I didn't scroll through them all, but that one a bit. I get "too assertive" more than that.

Reactions: Champagne Wishes

·
Registered
639 Posts
Reading through the list quick answers
1)Small talk - depends. I can do it with ease though
2) I actually dislike people who do this. You go to certain networking/social events to meet people and these people congregate in a group without moving out of it. It is annoying.
3)Nope. Never.
4)God no. I've pulled business contacts out of the least likely places.
5)You can be an extrovert and too intense. Next.
6)ADD/AHDH extroverts beg to disagree there.
7)No it does feel unproductive. Doing nothing bothers me, ask my close friends.
8)No.
9)What the hell? I don't mind sitting in the middle but I also don't like blocking the path. In general I prefer the aisle seats on most things since I've long legs.
10)Nope
11)eh? I've dated both. More introverts though for some reason.
12)What? No
13)No
14)Yes and No. It's because I don't have time.
15)That's called being observant. Also once again depends.
16)Not constant
17)My BP varies. I have low BP because of hereditary reasons.
18)Since my 20s? No way earlier than that.
19)Actually I do like my environment.
20)This is stupid. You are observanta bout the details earlier and now you see the big picture? This list is getting stupid.
21)Not really no.
22)I write.
23)eh?

That was such a load of bull with some points and I just feel like this person was asked to find some random info about introverts and extroverts. It read fairly unfocussed to me.

Reactions: aphinion

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm going to call BS on a few of these. I'm not a fan of parties, I enjoy writing, and I constantly have an inner monologue in my head. Quite honestly, that inner monologue is what I would be saying out loud if swearing wasn't offensive and people could take criticism.

And lower blood pressure could mean that you're an introvert? Really?

Reactions: koalaroo

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Feeling a bit like an ENTJ fraud after reading this and relating to most of the "signs". I might need to retire over to the INTJ forums... anyone else relate to this?

23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert
Hahaha. Source? This is commercial bull for someone who wants to sell her book.

I am an ENTJ who is mostly of the time misunderstood (being in a more Fe culture). It is just difficult to make a connection with me when I am not open to make a connection.

I mean, I respond very well to intellectual conversation, not to appreciation and so in order to build rapport. Most of the people are just not using Te that much.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts

not much . . .
(sorry, it was there, I had to take it no matter how lame)

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

Even if they are, there is no point in pointing them out, because if they're ESTJs they'll just baffle you with details and if they're ENTPs they can come up with 1 million reasons why they're an ENTJ, and 1.000.001 ways of killing you with a cork, a 2 inch paper strip and a teddy bear.

Reactions: Mr.Adrian

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
not much . . .
(sorry, it was there, I had to take it no matter how lame)
Probably. I wasn't aiming at anyone, but I can think of a couple people who don't post very often, that I am SURE aren't ENTJs.

If we get down to it I am more ESTJ than ENTJ, but it's pretty in the middle, and I'm 18, so it's whatever.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.