Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone share these interests among INTJs? If so, please explain why and the background of how you came to be one.

I also noticed, that many INTJs see war as right means to solve something, which I see totally irrational and not efficient enough.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a troll attempt? I hope not, would expect something better. :bored:

Reactions: Inev1t4bl3

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anyone share these interests among INTJs? If so, please explain why and the background of how you came to be one.

I also noticed, that many INTJs see war as right means to solve something, which I see totally irrational and not efficient enough.

Completely agree with you on war.

I'm not a secular humanist but I agree with most of their positions.

I became a vegetarian a couple of years ago. I've always loved animals but to be honest my decision was originally for health reasons. However I've since solidified my choice after learning more about factory farming.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Absolutely.

Vegetarianism, mostly as a result of my Fi.

Honestly, I don't believe I'm actually making a difference. I realize that true improvement will only come from a top down change or from a economic necessity.

I've never been satisfied with knowledge for the sake of knowledge. The ultimate axiom, for me, seems to be applying it to something. I happen to care about the happiness of myself, the people I've met, and everybody I haven't.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another note about war: It's not entirely accurate to despise war as bad when you condone all other sorts of hostile actions and effects. The state of the economy of any single country governs the quality of life of many of its inhabitants, but economic war is a sadly unavoidable condition these days. Everything I've ever learned about economic, social, political, or agent based systems are governed by the same sets of laws that govern combat war. There is less dying in the stock market, but you'll be sure to find starving families because of fiscal policies.

That's not to say that war is acceptable, but rather, to emphasize that we ought to look at the world holistically. Real change can only occur from an understanding of the system and leveraging the rules of these systems. To discount war is to promote rampant economic hostility, which may have a greater negative human impact than bullets.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wouldn't call myself a secular humanism. It seems too spiritual for me. I am, however, an atheist. I was actually raised Evangelical Protestant (see crazy religious). I first began to drift away from fundamental Christianity when I was coming to terms with my sexuality (bisexual). However, it was analyzing the religion at a logical level that eventually lead me to atheism.

I'm vegan. I just couldn't justify on a moral level how I could eat animals when I can get all my nutrients from an animals-product free diet. Not to mention, supporting the cruel shit they do to animals absolutely repulses me. I actually like animals.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I eat quite a bit of meat because I'm an O blood type and my body thrives on it. I can't eat dairy,wheat,soy,corn ,most fruit or any type of gluten except unless I'm eating at a restaurant or its thanksgiving. My diet is basically chicken,egg whites, tuna, lean steak, whey shakes, oats, brown rice and lots of veggies. I'm against cruelty to animals and believe in the human killing and raising of animals.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,406 Posts
I was a vegan for quite a few years but I became ill with B12 deficiency when I was working in an area where I couldn't prepare my own meals. I did it for health reasons. Allergies disappeared...but it was more happenstance than than anything...I was just avoiding preservatives....heh. I eat all types of meat except pork (it gives me a stomach ache). I think that if the world was to suddenly all become vegetarian then the world could not support the numbers. It's ok to think that you are being less cruel I guess but omnivores are actually what we are and we are the hunting type of animal. I don't eat chickens unless they are antibiotic and steroid/hormone free. The red meat that I purchase comes from a farm just outside of town where the animals live happily until they are murdered for food. I don't eat cage laid eggs. I can actually taste the difference with it all. I don't eat them because it's less cruel....they are raised for food, I don't care about whether my food has had a good life....it just tastes better. I don't think I am any better than any other animal....they are cruel, caring, brutal etc.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I don't self-identify as a secular humanist, but like @david I agree with many of their positions, and am overall sympathetic to their cause. I am an atheist, an internationalist, a pro-technology environmentalist (a so-called "bright green") etc.

As for vegetarianism, I'm a quasi-vegetarian. I still eat fish and other seafood. It's for a weird mix of philosophical, environmental, socioeconomic, and health reasons. I'd be willing convert to full vegetarianism if my thoughts lead me to conclude that is better.

Reactions: viz0

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Not much to say about secularism because I don't think I know enough about the subject, though I am an atheist, and therefore agree with its stance more than any religious dogma.

I was actually a vegetarian (strictly speaking, pescetarian) up until a year or so ago when I started eating meat. It was mainly for nutritional reasons and the fact that I have a lot of allergies and intolerances meant that being vegetarian was really limiting the nutritional content of my diet. Since I realised that apart from my vegetarian upbringing, I had no personal reasons not to eat meat, I just went for it.

I do disagree with some forms of meat. I'd prefer it if poultry was not battery bred, but honestly I'd eat it in either case, so it would be a bit hypocritical of me to completely denounce it. I appreciate the economics of the situation, unfortunate as it may be. Also, I massively disagree with things like fois gras, where an animal is pumped full of things just to provide a specific 'flavour' for the consumer, and as a result, the animal suffers during its lifespan. This is unnatural and to me a form of abuse. There's not even an economic reason for it - it's just greed/gluttony. Killing animals as they are for food is fine - it is what all animals do, but 'messing' with them is not.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I eat quite a bit of meat because I'm an O blood type and my body thrives on it. I can't eat dairy,wheat,soy,corn ,most fruit or any type of gluten except unless I'm eating at a restaurant or its thanksgiving. My diet is basically chicken,egg whites, tuna, lean steak, whey shakes, oats, brown rice and lots of veggies. I'm against cruelty to animals and believe in the human killing and raising of animals.
I know people that are O blood type and are strict vegans. Also could you explain sentence marked in red, thanks.

I agree with @Iselia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good for them, I know that personally my body, mind and mood are at their best when I give them the proper fuel. I do workout a lot and I am on a 500 calorie a day deficit so my nutritional needs are going to be different. Lean beef is packed with so many nutrients important to muscle recovery that one can not find anywhere else. I can tell within seconds of eating something if my body likes it and if its is full of nutrients or not. I eat a carrot or chicken or oats and I instantly feel better. If I drink milk or soda or I eat anything with starch or soy and I get sick and bloated.

When it comes to killing animals their are "more" human and natural ways of doing it then are practiced by big factory slaughter houses. I see nothing wrong with killing animals if they are going to be consumed and any suffering is kept to a minimum. A good portion of natural ranches raise their animals in a natural way,out in nature, proper diet, no hormones or antibiotics ans when it comes time to die the animals are slaughtered quickly. Now some natural ranches send their animals off to slaughter houses but ultimately I don't care. I see nothing wrong with eating animals, its nature, the food chain, the circle of life.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
When it comes to killing animals their are "more" human and natural ways of doing it then are practiced by big factory slaughter houses.
Should you go back to school?
Then and than are quite different and I had to reread the sentence 3 times before making sense out of it, probably because I am a non native, and that this type of huge mistake make me wanna slap you with a big large trout ^^

Than vs Then - e Learn English Language

Than suppose a comparison between two elements, which is what you try to say.
Then suppose a continuity in time, which doesn't make sense in the present sentence.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Should you go back to school?
Then and than are quite different and I had to reread the sentence 3 times before making sense out of it, probably because I am a non native, and that this type of huge mistake make me wanna slap you with a big large trout ^^

Than vs Then - e Learn English Language

Than suppose a comparison between two elements, which is what you try to say.
Then suppose a continuity in time, which doesn't make sense in the present sentence.
The bigger mistake in that sentence is the use of 'their' as opposed to 'there'. That didn't seem to bother you :tongue:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
The bigger mistake in that sentence is the use of 'their' as opposed to 'there'. That didn't seem to bother you :tongue:
Let's just say I skipped it because it is quite common and is not such a nuisance to comprehension, it sounds the same, not the case for than/then.

Maybe I ought to create a thread on how to use english Grammar properly and how you will be bashed if you don't.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts