Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a bit of a problem, not sure if I can call it a problem though.

I tend to see people as robots without emotion or any other human factor. When I work in groups I don't amount for them being tired or lazy, when I talk to people I assume they do not have emotions and can't be hurted.
This often tends to end as awkward situations (I have made people cry and haven't realized why until later) and I wonder if an INTJs have the same problem and what you did to prevent it.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Even I once felt this way. I still do from time to time, in lapses of apathy. This video helped me to, and continues to now, make sense of it all.

I hope it helps. Good day. :)

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Been called a robot.

I tend to have the opposite problem. I see people as dripping, vomiting, leaking emotion everywhere. Doesn't make me want to take it into account though.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Although I consider myself very logical and what not it is ironic that like you I often see other's as robots. Very interesting, particularly my ISTJ brother as of late, but many other people too, it's a bit weird.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's not the fact that I see people as having no emotions. I just do not take it into consideration when for example planning a group project or just talking to people in general.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I avoid working in groups.
But that's not necessarily because I expect too much of others. Quite the contrary, really.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, I figured as much. :frustrating:
Sorry I really don't have any wisdom on that, besides 'knowing the problem is the first step to solving it'.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Everyone tends to to use themselves as a model of how they expect others to think and react. That can be a problem if you happen to be of a rare personality type NOT representative of how most others think and react at all. You just can't be as direct and blunt with some types as you would be happy having people treat you.

I would not suggest trying to empathize with others to get along better (if you can, great, but it's not a strong point for INTJs). Rather, see it as an intellectual exercise about how to deal with aliens with foreign customs and thought patterns. If you can find any non-aliens (INTJ, ENTJ, INTP) to team up with, then even better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Everyone tends to to use themselves as a model of how they expect others to think and react. That can be a problem if you happen to be of a rare personality type NOT representative of how most others think and react at all. You just can't be as direct and blunt with some types as you would be happy having people treat you.

I would not suggest trying to empathize with others to get along better (if you can, great, but it's not a strong point for INTJs). Rather, see it as an intellectual exercise about how to deal with aliens with foreign customs and thought patterns. If you can find any non-aliens (INTJ, ENTJ, INTP) to team up with, then even better.
Dead on. Any advice on identifying INTJs, ENTJs, and INTPs? I've tried socializing, but usually end up with a lot of Es, Ss, Fs, and Ps.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
INFJ's are pretty compatible with INTJ's in my experience. I consider myself an alien as well. Ni and Ti make us detached from the rest of society. We use Fe to gauge people's emotions in order to communicate effectively.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Well, I have a bit of a problem, not sure if I can call it a problem though.

I tend to see people as robots without emotion or any other human factor. When I work in groups I don't amount for them being tired or lazy, when I talk to people I assume they do not have emotions and can't be hurted.
This often tends to end as awkward situations (I have made people cry and haven't realized why until later) and I wonder if an INTJs have the same problem and what you did to prevent it.
I have this problem too. I have the advantage luckily that I can let other people do the people management. I just work with the managers. Managers have the advantage that they´re able to deal with me. They have the guts to talk back (I expect that from them) and also simply tell me the "human" issues that play in the group. Solutions are always easy, but implementing them requires people that are good at that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts