Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever feel a bit jealous when you see someone who isn't famous and does aesthetics, style, or and elegance better than you? This is probably more of a Social-4w3 thing.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm a social 4. I get you, but, hey.. 4s will be 4s. People all go there regardless. Art is a personal choice and sacrifice for anyone.

I envy whenever I appreciate a style, and it strikes crisis in my appreciation of my own. In the throes of passionate dread, I can feel a person is more unique, but what I may truly be envying is the envy/attention of others. Does attention make someone unique? Nah. Uniqueness just is. Skill is only "unique" when it's acknowledged and praised.

People create "uniqueness," either out of envy or out of attention.

4s envy and project like: I'm hopeful. Praise is good. People praise this. I hopefully try. I fail. People praise what I fail at. Unmet standard. Envy. I'm so technical and hopeful, I can't accept what belittles that! It hurts to be neglected by people. They neglect my potential, so they're all common. They don't understand. I'm alone, technical, hopeful... Unique! I can succeed. My work is unique. But...you praise theirs more than mine? Unmet standard.... Envy.... (so on...)

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Honestly, I see them as "in my class" - hahaha!
I tend to only envy those who receive accolades when I see them as inferior. I experience it more as a contemptuous resentment. I know this is ugly... I only explain it, I don't champion it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I tend to only envy those who receive accolades when I see them as inferior. I experience it more as a contemptuous resentment. I know this is ugly... I only explain it, I don't champion it.
Yep it's like watching Justin Bieber get a grammy. Or Obama getting a Nobel Peace Prize. Or the fact that reality shows are even allowed to exist. Undeserved riches, undeserved fame. Just pure garbage to be consumed and incinerated.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
depends on how similar they are to me. If i see somebody astoundingly like me, but pulling it off better than i...um...yes. I feel jealous enough that I have to shut the jealousy down, because jealousy is stupid lol. I am me, not them, and that is as it should be (is what i tell myself). The exception to this is if I am close to the person and have come to appreciate them in the way that i couldn't just from observation before. At that point, It will be 90% love and 10% jealousy.

If I see somebody wonderfully different from me, then everything's good, and i just sit back and absorb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts