Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever felt like you see the world more beautifully than others do?

For as long as I remember I've felt like that,I would see something others regard as a 'normal' object,as something that is just "there." To me though it would have so much meaning and beauty and be this wonderful thing.

Usually for me it's trees I love trees,I make wishes on trees.It's also been more common objects like a tractor or a broken wagon or a pile of junk in the middle of a field.

I've said things to others like "Isn't that one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen?" No,it's just junk. Or no,it's a Building there's tons everywhere. It's a sign,how does that have any beauty?

When i was younger I was convinced I had a different eyesight than everyone else,that my brain showed me things other humans could never see.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Me too. I used to love taking pictures of things I thought were beautiful or had some sentimental value to me. It was tons of fun. :)

4,757 Posts
A lot of people don't notice - they don't stare up at the trees, the clouds, they don't stop to admire the flower, they don't stop to pat a friendly cat, they don't seem to inhale their surroundings.

Actually, I have sunglasses that saturate the colour around me, so I literally do see things more beautifully. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like to take pictures too. I was taking pictures in my mom's yard and I came put them on my computerand was looking at them. Then I showed them to her. She said, "It's hard to believe you took such beautiful pictures in my yard. I know there are weeds and places the grass needs mowed and yet you found all these beautiful spots." So I do think we look differently.

Also I was in counseling and I was talking about this hypnosis tape that was suppose to make me sleep. It was too fast for me because when I went to the "forest" I started putting the forest together a tree at a time. I look at individual trees. The doctor stopped me and made me repeat that. Did you know that 1% of the population sees individual trees in the forest. This blew my mind. Because they miss so much - no tree is alike. The knots are all different - no to mention to the birds and the nests. I want to see everything.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I do see more beauty in the world than most. And I can't help it. Where other people see a tree, I see the beautiful colors and they really touch my emotions. I think it has more to do with me being HSP than INFP though...

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you say but with myself, I've always had an overpowering sense of enchantment. It's like the world is this magical place where anything is possible; it's almost like I never completely lost my childhood imagination :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, yes definitely yes to all of it. Especially things like broken wagons and junk in fields. I love old things, rusted, beat up, throughly used things, especially if they are abandoned or surrounded by nature, like in a field. Theres something very romantic about them.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also I was in counseling and I was talking about this hypnosis tape that was suppose to make me sleep. It was too fast for me because when I went to the "forest" I started putting the forest together a tree at a time. I look at individual trees. The doctor stopped me and made me repeat that. Did you know that 1% of the population sees individual trees in the forest. This blew my mind. Because they miss so much - no tree is alike. The knots are all different - no to mention to the birds and the nests. I want to see everything.

Wow,I didn't even know that! I do the same thing whenever I look into woods or forest areas I notice one tree at a time instead of seeing them as a whole,I thought everyone did that.....

Yes all trees are so Individualized I feel like trees themselves have different personalities whenever I see a tree getting cut down It cuts me to the core,it makes me cry so Much for that tree.I know that's really odd to well everyone but I don't know..I've always had a connection to trees does that make sense? To me every tree has a story to tell.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,351 Posts
Yes. Whenever I go to the countryside with my parents I get so excited about the beauty of the landscape and it seems to me that they don't perceive it the way I do. This happens with my friends too, they may like it but they don't feel moved by it, like I do.

Forests, sea, clouds, sky, night-sky, grass... actually I can't think of anything involving nature that doesn't move me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes completely!
One time I couldn't stop talking about the colour and beauty of this tree I saw outside the window, my friends seriously thought I was on something. But it was just glorious!. :]​

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
Have you ever felt like you see the world more beautifully than others do?...
No, I don't think I see the world as more beautiful than others (there's billions out there to compare myself to & I just can't be sussed w/that right now) however I do have that rose-colored glasses thing going on. No doubt in my mind there is wonder and amazement and magic all around me. I got into macro photography a couple years ago and that really changed my view of the world -- looking into a raindrop, a bee's back and wings scattered with dew, a spider eating a fly, the veins in a flower leaf, a bug's eyes, my dog's nose..... up close... this world became a whole new world to me & it was/is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Oh yeah. I get all the music and poetry in the world, man, I feel, I see it, I hear it.... Oh yeah. Everything, down to just... lunch, is so beautiful to me.

EDIT: I wrote mana instead of man. WTF?

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have. I actually had a friend once tell me that she never appreciated nature until I came along. When I'm outside, I'm like, "Ohh, look at that tree," "Look at those two ducks," "Aww, look, the honeybee's getting nectarrr," "Look how the light's coming through the trees," and on, and on, and on with lots of enthusiasm. :cool: I can't help it; it's all so beautiful.

L

·
0 Posts
yes, amazing how that is isnt it? that we can see the awe in awful :) wow that was corny...

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I think I'm like that too. I really appreciate some things or find things aesthetically beautiful that no one pays much attention. I love buildings and lights. I remember being younger and having this very good feeling watching the lights from the traffic on the highway at night. And buildings are wonderful to me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe not things, but i tend to see the beautifiul in people. I have people going how f-up this work mate is, and I'd go: Na, he's not that bad...bla bla.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts