Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's our gift right? I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm happy I see what others do not. The unseen motive that they don't even know themselves. I find myself having no interesting looking at people physical appearance for too long because I feel like I'm seeing to much already, most people think it as a weakness but It's the complete opposite.

does anyone relate?

If so how do you deal with it? :unsure:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
This is why I hate INFJs and why I love them. They know just too much.

Reactions: nikkii

·
Registered
428 Posts
I relate. I have always preferred to look at life deeply. To see beyond the superficial. This drive has taken me on a very interesting journey about which I have no regrets. No doubt the burden is heavy to bear, I always remember the quote that Uncle Ben said to Spider-Man, "With great power comes great responsibility." (Then I saw Kick-Ass and its paraphrase and LMAO)

How do I deal with seeing too much? I accept it as part and parcel of who I am. During days when I am unable to cope with it; information overload and such, I withdraw to recharge. Then when I feel better I come out of my shell again. I suppose it all boils down to finding that unique balance for ourselves. Meditation and the ability to shut off my mind has helped. If not, I draw on positive influences from comics and epic stories to keep my energy levels and optimism up. In this way, my capacity to cope increases.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I relate. I have always preferred to look at life deeply. To see beyond the superficial. This drive has taken me on a very interesting journey about which I have no regrets. No doubt the burden is heavy to bear, I always remember the quote that Uncle Ben said to Spider-Man, "With great power comes great responsibility." (Then I saw Kick-Ass and its paraphrase and LMAO)

How do I deal with seeing too much? I accept it as part and parcel of who I am. During days when I am unable to cope with it; information overload and such, I withdraw to recharge. Then when I feel better I come out of my shell again. I suppose it all boils down to finding that unique balance for ourselves. Meditation and the ability to shut off my mind has helped. If not, I draw on positive influences from comics and epic stories to keep my energy levels and optimism up. In this way, my capacity to cope increases.
I will take your advice to heart.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I do what Linus says - I detach, but in a way, I am still seeing too much. I guess it's like this -> I detach my external self (if that makes sense) and people around me become aware that I am not fully there (that I'm somehow withdrawing myself from them) but internally, I am still processing so much information. A lot of times, even when I felt that I detached myself from a situation, I come out of that situation with a strong emotion/feeling/thought. I won't be able to recall details or concrete facts, but I still develop intuitive feelings and thoughts about everything underneath the surface in that particular situation.

To be honest.... sometimes I feel @(*)(*#)!(@. I seem to pick up on so many things, which most people would laugh at and consider it a plotline for a movie or a conspiracy theory. I've learned to keep to myself, but why is it I sniff out the faintest smell of things?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
That's our gift right? I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm happy I see what others do not. The unseen motive that they don't even know themselves. I find myself having no interesting looking at people physical appearance for too long because I feel like I'm seeing to much already, most people think it as a weakness but It's the complete opposite.

does anyone relate?

If so how do you deal with it? :unsure:
Yes, I so very much relate. It sounds like you have acceptance of this gift. I deal with this gift by following my heart. When I am in a situation that I know I will be overwhelmed at any given moment, I step back...I still see with half closed eyes. Sort of a detachment that is hard to do. It took lots of practice. I guess one could say experience has taught me how to wear armour when needed. I have said many many many times to myself, "And this too shall pass." When I do become completely overwhelmed, I grow quiet, write, read (non-fiction), listen to music, daydream, or simply read fiction (usually listen to music to all of these except reading fiction). I recharge and bounce back. If I slip and fall, I tell myself that that is ok. I know in my heart that I will get back up. Yes, I relish that I dance to my own drum. Having this attitude about myself helps me tremendously with mind overload and all the other less than enjoyable events in life.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do what Linus says - I detach, but in a way, I am still seeing too much. I guess it's like this -> I detach my external self (if that makes sense) and people around me become aware that I am not fully there (that I'm somehow withdrawing myself from them) but internally, I am still processing so much information. A lot of times, even when I felt that I detached myself from a situation, I come out of that situation with a strong emotion/feeling/thought. I won't be able to recall details or concrete facts, but I still develop intuitive feelings and thoughts about everything underneath the surface in that particular situation.

To be honest.... sometimes I feel @(*)(*#)!(@. I seem to pick up on so many things, which most people would laugh at and consider it a plotline for a movie or a conspiracy theory. I've learned to keep to myself, but why is it I sniff out the faintest smell of things?

This is my biggest issue. I feel crazy. lol but I'm going to try Vizier's approach and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I so very much relate. It sounds like you have acceptance of this gift. I deal with this gift by following my heart. When I am in a situation that I know I will be overwhelmed at any given moment, I step back...I still see with half closed eyes. Sort of a detachment that is hard to do. It took lots of practice. I guess one could say experience has taught me how to wear armour when needed. I have said many many many times to myself, "And this too shall pass." When I do become completely overwhelmed, I grow quiet, write, read (non-fiction), listen to music, daydream, or simply read fiction (usually listen to music to all of these except reading fiction). I recharge and bounce back. If I slip and fall, I tell myself that that is ok. I know in my heart that I will get back up. Yes, I relish that I dance to my own drum. Having this attitude about myself helps me tremendously with mind overload and all the other less than enjoyable events in life.
You seem to really know what your doing about it. It seems that its more overwhelming then anything for me.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yea you definitely never stop seeing. To detach, it's like a meditation.. You can focus on your breathing. You remain aware of everything, you still see everything that is going on around you but the difference is that you consciously maintain the peace inside. You can literally at times feel your body reacting, you will feel emotions rise up, but you decide to just let it pass than letting it take over you. Then, continue to focus on breathing...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea you definitely never stop seeing. To detach, it's like a meditation.. You can focus on your breathing. You remain aware of everything, you still see everything that is going on around you but the difference is that you consciously maintain the peace inside. You can literally at times feel your body reacting, you will feel emotions rise up, but you decide to just let it pass than letting it take over you. Then, continue to focus on breathing...

Thank you!

This meditation will be starting so soon for me. I think this will really help me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You just let it flow around you, like wind in the trees. You still feel the wind, but you don't get blown away. I do this too and it's great. But it comes with a cost; you can't actually get involved and talk to people or concentrate on it as you'll loose your peace. I guess that's why we appear "distant" and "reserved".

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I know I'm going to sound really thick...especially as I'm supposed to be an INFJ but...

I'm not really sure what you are all talking about? On a lot of tests I do I rate high on inuition yet I still don't really understand it.

'Seein too much' can someone explain what is meant by this? What is 'seeing too much'? Can someone give me an example?

Thanks! :blushed:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I know I'm going to sound really thick...especially as I'm supposed to be an INFJ but...

I'm not really sure what you are all talking about? On a lot of tests I do I rate high on inuition yet I still don't really understand it.

'Seein too much' can someone explain what is meant by this? What is 'seeing too much'? Can someone give me an example?

Thanks! :blushed:
I'm not exactly sure how It happens, It just everything around me is being processed and I understand everything even If I'm trying to isolate from everything. Its a lot of little things of data all just going through a door to be organized super fast. even if i don't what it to happen.

thats the best i can explain, I know its not much. sorry. :unsure:

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
umbrellasky, I posted something in you know you're an INFJ when
and I go a little bit more into at the bottom of the page

You might also be interested in reading up "empath"
I don't know if we're all like that but I would say it exists in different forms..
Thank you! I just read your post and I completely get it now haha. Especially the part about reading a book and still being completely aware of what's going on around you :crazy: There are times when I go for walks whilst reading at the same time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts