Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm in a work situation where there is some injustice going on and I'm trying to get some hardcore clarity in all of this to assist me in moving well. I wish I could just put the detailed situation to the whole forum, but I don't want to put too many specifics out into a publicly readable space.

But still, I keep having the instinct to ask other INFJs about this.

I do have an ENFJ co-worker who's feeling the impact of the injustice very keenly and who's been talking with me a lot about how she feels. I can see that there are both similarities and differences in our responses and location in relation to the situation and I suspect there's a bit of noise/static for me around my own clarity given the strength of her feelings. Financial stuff is also creating noise/static for me when it comes to how to move.

So, that said:

1. If any INFJs who read this would be willing to be a dialogue partner as I reflect and try to get to clarity, could you please PM me?

2. Maybe we could use this public thread as one to discuss INFJ-ENFJ similarities and differences in general, and/or in relation to situations where communities are treated unjustly and/or in other specific situations?

In the situation I'm in, both my ENFJ co-worker and I feel a strong wrongness in the situation and its environment. We seem to really get each other at this level - "this feels so wrong, I can't ignore it" in a visceral way.

It seems to me that my ENFJ co-worker is experiencing this purely and completely at the level of empathic emotion and thwarted desire to help people she sees as vulnerable. It hurts her heart a lot to see people hurting and upset. She wanted to make a positive difference and instead is watching as something we're part of indirectly causes distress to some of the very people she so badly wants to help.

In contrast, I feel like I'm more oriented to the deception inherent in the situation. There's a lot of bullshit/deception going on here at multiple levels. When I feel the wrongness in the situation, it's not directly picking up on others' emotional pain - it's more that I'm feeling the deception itself as ugly.

And while I do care about the people who are in distress, I don't see them as completely or only vulnerable. I'm actually more interested in how some of them are organizing to push back against the corporation.

Again, if there's anyone who'd be willing to help me reflect toward specific and detailed clarity in private, please PM, and I'd also love to read about any experiences anyone has had with INFJs/ENFJs and similarity and difference in response to ... well, any situation. The similarities and differences between Fe-Ni and Ni-Fe is kind of fascinating to me given this current experience.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
replying to my own post to highlight an interesting comment from another thread

I just found this comment in another thread and am finding the stream-pulse metaphor really really interesting and useful when it comes to my co-worker's response and my own response. It's like a conceptual focusing tool - not sure what it will yield but I do know it's going to be extremely useful:

For ENFJ the extraverted feeling is always 'on', and introverted intuition sort of fires off in pulses (you see then periodically retreat into their own mind in conversation to consider possibilities). For INFJ the introverted intuition is always on and extraverted feeling sort of fires off in pulses (you see them periodically get very 'feelery' and passionate about stuff they are talking about). ENFJ will seem more natural and at home with their extraverted feeling, there will be like a steady stream of Fe from them most of the time. For INFJ the extraverted feeling may vary in intensity going from none to very intense feelings. INFJ are more of foreseer developer kind of personality with primary interest in developing foresight into future, some vision. ENFJs are more oriented to spending their time creating emotional 'space' and bonds within the group.
Also, as long as I'm commenting on my own thread here, I want to add that I hadn't thought much about the tertiary and inferior functions (INFJ: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se while ENFJ: Fe-Ni-Se-Ti). I have a pretty strongly developed Ti and that may be coming into play, while my co-worker's Se seems to be amplifying the visceral effects of people's physical and emotional communication about their distress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts