Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other INFP's here who are seekers of truth and enlightenment? A few years ago I read the Jed Mckenna books and just blew me away. It made me question everything. I know INFPs are all into that "meaning of life" stuff so I thought I'd ask. :p

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I recently delved heavily into Dr. Keirsey's book "Please Understand Me II". In it it describes INFPs as seekers in our true selves, which I'm pretty apt to believe considering all these threads over indentity, type, religion/spirituality, purpose, and truth. Maybe all this coalesces in trying to gain an understanding of ourselves and the world around us.

Personally I prefer being more pragmatic with most of my beliefs since I'm consistently bombarded with what looks like contradicting info at first, but somehow tends to fit in the big picture somewhere like the miniscule puzzle piece of a whole macrocosm of the universe.

So yeah, I'd consider everybody around here to be some seeker of some sort of truth, especially an INFP.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I am just finishing Jed McKenna's spiritually incorrect enlightenment and would agree that it is a great book. I don't agree with everything Jed says, but their is defiantly some great stuff in there. I really like how he suggests that we compare our own journey to the characters in the books we are reading and see how it applies to us!

Yes I would agree that we are seekers at heart. When I look at my own journey so far, I feel that when I ran into addiction problems that I was trying to find the meaning of life or purpose of life through drugs. There is nothing wrong with the searching part, but there are probably better ways to go about it than using drugs. So I feel that my addiction was more a result of a spiritual void, rather than me trying to avoid personal pain or wanting to fit in with others. I do not regret my decision as it opened up the door for me to fall into the life I have today, which is pretty damn good.

The funny thing about the seeking is that once you stop seeking then you start to realize the truth. It would be best if I stopped reading books on enlightenment and spirituality as they are only standing in my way. I can't imagine not reading the books though because I love reading! Everything I need is inside of me and I am seeing that. I put much less effort into the search these days and I enjoy life more today. Sometimes I enjoy my own pain or suffering, and am not so quick to want to not feel it. It is my story and I can love myself regardless of how I am feeling.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't read books (usually) to find truth or enlightenment - the vast majority of it comes from my own experiences and teachings of others close to me, be they spirit guides, god/desses, close friends/family, etc.

I agree with the others, though, that this is something a lot of people, INFPs in particular, seek out actively.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This enlightenment you speak of...will it cost me lots of monies??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts