Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused as to whether or not I'm a SEI or a IEI. I do relate to wanting to keep things light, being go-with-the flow, liking comfort and being a bit of a gourmand. But I wonder if that has to do with my E9. I like travel, fancy food, nature, a lot of traditionally sensory things(although I'm sure anyone can enjoy those). But environment is confusing. I'm observant of it-I enjoy looking at every poster, every menu of a place. But I wonder if that's just interest or being naturally attuned to the environment. On a normal day at home or at school, I'm pretty lost in my daydreams. And I enjoy thinking about future dreams and can be pretty spacey about the present. What's a good way to differentiate the two? What do you think I might be?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
What do you think of the renin dichotomies?

IEI are decisive, positivist, results types.
SEI are judicious, negativist, process types.

Also romance styles though I would rely on those less. IEI victim vs SEI caregiver.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How you described IEI there sounds more like me. The love style of SEI sounds more like me though, although you said that was less important. I gotta read more into those renin dichtomies.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
How you described IEI there sounds more like me. The love style of SEI sounds more like me though, although you said that was less important. I gotta read more into those renin dichtomies.
Yeah, I think people have more than one romance styles though. I think Victim <---> caregiver and aggressor <---> Childlike is the way it goes. Especially since IEI's role function is Si.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I looked more closely at the dichtomies. I relate to judicious over decisive, but I relate to results over process!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And oh, caregiver is an aggressor? I like being generous and taking care of my partners but I wouldn't call myself an aggressor.

Ahh I think you meant those seperately :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, maybe I'll post a questionnaire later. The socionics type me thread's been kinda dead though. But maybe you, Blue, could check it out. ^_^

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Hmm, maybe I'll post a questionnaire later. The socionics type me thread's been kinda dead though. But maybe you, Blue, could check it out. ^_^
I trust VI more. If you can make a video, that would be the best. You can PM me the link if you don't want it posted in public. I'll ask an expert friend of mine to review it too, if you'd like.

Ofc, I will check out your questionnaire. Just mention me if you would like.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I trust VI more. If you can make a video, that would be the best. You can PM me the link if you don't want it posted in public. I'll ask an expert friend of mine to review it too, if you'd like.

Ofc, I will check out your questionnaire. Just mention me if you would like.
If I can't do a video, are pictures alongside the questionnaire fine?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
If I can't do a video, are pictures alongside the questionnaire fine?
I can't really tell much from pics :(

It doesn't have to be a professionally shot video tho. Just 5 - 10 minutes of you answering some questions will be enough :) I can send you some sample of people I have as both SEI and IEI. Do you want male or female samples?

it's bed time for me today but I can always look up tomorrow

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,200 Posts
That sounds way more like SEI to me. Have you tried taking the sociotype test? It's not the best socionics website but it's good for beginners. You mention relating to IEI because of dreaming and being in your head but there's more to IEI than that. You don't talk about conceptual things and perception of time as much as you do enjoying pleasurable sensations.

Could also look at Te PoLR with SEI vs IEI. They are different between the two type because SEI struggles with Si-Te and IEI with Ni-Te. How do you relate to Te PoLR?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds way more like SEI to me. Have you tried taking the sociotype test? It's not the best socionics website but it's good for beginners. You mention relating to IEI because of dreaming and being in your head but there's more to IEI than that. You don't talk about conceptual things and perception of time as much as you do enjoying pleasurable sensations.

Could also look at Te PoLR with SEI vs IEI. They are different between the two type because SEI struggles with Si-Te and IEI with Ni-Te. How do you relate to Te PoLR?
Gotta research that more. I did post a questionnaire if you'd like to check it out. But cool! A lot of people have typed me as SEI but I always test as IEI and in MBTI consistently test as and have been mostly typed as INFP. So yeah, gets confusing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Hey hey, I did my research. Theoretically I could be EII since I'm(maybe not anymore) INFP. Anyway, the types have a thing of refraning from feedback if a project doesn't relate to them or if they don't have the knowledge. Sounds like me! I relate to IEIs troubles with attention to detail and optimizing productivity. I focus on my own experience and the emotional environment like a SEI. Both types seem to prefer to rely on their insights rather than outside sources. Sounds like me. Base details are good and I like hearing other people's sides of a story, but at the end of the day, I usually trust my insights.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'm confused as to whether or not I'm a SEI or a IEI. I do relate to wanting to keep things light, being go-with-the flow, liking comfort and being a bit of a gourmand. But I wonder if that has to do with my E9. I like travel, fancy food, nature, a lot of traditionally sensory things(although I'm sure anyone can enjoy those). But environment is confusing. I'm observant of it-I enjoy looking at every poster, every menu of a place. But I wonder if that's just interest or being naturally attuned to the environment. On a normal day at home or at school, I'm pretty lost in my daydreams. And I enjoy thinking about future dreams and can be pretty spacey about the present. What's a good way to differentiate the two? What do you think I might be?
IEIs are more likely to be rebellious as compared to SEIs.

I have this tendency to rebel against everyone, including authority figures (my boss pissed me off the other day and I sorta argued with him). It takes a very special person to tame me.
I also have quite a temper to me and is able to hold grudges quite a bit. SEIs are a lot more forgiving than me.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,200 Posts
Hey hey, I did my research. Theoretically I could be EII since I'm(maybe not anymore) INFP. Anyway, the types have a thing of refraning from feedback if a project doesn't relate to them or if they don't have the knowledge. Sounds like me! I relate to IEIs troubles with attention to detail and optimizing productivity. I focus on my own experience and the emotional environment like a SEI. Both types seem to prefer to rely on their insights rather than outside sources. Sounds like me. Base details are good and I like hearing other people's sides of a story, but at the end of the day, I usually trust my insights.
I would go with what you type as in MBTI. If you're an intuitive then you might be IEI rather than SEI. Maybe also try asking how other people see you, like you're family and friends. If they says things like imaginative, head in the clouds type of person etc that might point towards IEI. More sensory things will suggest SEI :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
(I have tested as EII too, though function wise it said my Si was high) Welp, I am known to be imaginative, but I'm also famous for eating crazy foods! Hmm, I think I'm gonna do a MBTI questionnaire too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts