Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows of all time. Friends is also great, in my opinion, but not as good as Seinfeld. I was wondering what you guys think would be the personality type of the characters.

Jerry: XSTP (I can't tell if he's an extrovert or an introvert. He does stand up but he also hates people, so I don't know.

George: ENFP (One could argue he's an introvert, but I think he's an extrovert. He could also be an S but I'm thinking he's more N. He always comes up with random things.

Elaine: ESTP (self explanatory)

Kramer: ENFP (he's hard to place, but I think this fits him the best)

Rachel: ESFP

Monica: ESFJ

Phoebe: ENTP

Chandler: ESFP

Ross: INTP

Joey: ESTP

Agree? Disagree?

·
Registered
INTP
630 Posts
Ross seems a bit whiny to be an INTP. Lacks the stoicism of our type.
I always thought Phoebe the stereotypical ENFP flake.
Can't see Joey as a thinker?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I can't see Phoebe as an ENTP, much more ENFP. Ross could be INTJ in my opinion. Doesn't make any sense why Chandler would be a feeler either, I'd say EXTP. And when it comes to Joey, ESFP, I can't see the thinker in him.

I agree with Rachel and Monica.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't see Phoebe as an ENTP, much more ENFP. Ross could be INTJ in my opinion. Doesn't make any sense why Chandler would be a feeler either, I'd say EXTP. And when it comes to Joey, ESFP, I can't see the thinker in him.

I agree with Rachel and Monica.
Phoebe always seems very emotionless, though. There have been a few times where she has gotten emotional, but overall she had shallow affect and usually made snarky comments.

I agree about Ross.

Chandler strikes me as the entertainer type, which is what ESFP's are. He's always cracking jokes.

I think Joey can go either way. Just because he's dumb, that doesn't mean he's not a thinker. You might be right, though.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Phoebe always seems very emotionless, though. There have been a few times where she has gotten emotional, but overall she had shallow affect and usually made snarky comments.

I agree about Ross.

Chandler strikes me as the entertainer type, which is what ESFP's are. He's always cracking jokes.

I think Joey can go either way. Just because he's dumb, that doesn't mean he's not a thinker. You might be right, though.
Okay, I might agree about Phoebe, it's true that she is very emotionless. Although she doesn't exactly seem like an ENTP but can't come up with anything else she could be, she's definitely not a sensor...

About Chandler: there are other entertainer types besides ESFP and I never saw ESFP as a type to crack jokes etc - they just seem like the life of the party. We learn from the very first thanksgiving (or before) that Chandler is somewhat emotionally crippled. He also has difficulties crying and so on, which in my opinion proves that he leans on thinking way more than on feeling. So we're at EXTP. I cannot decide if he's intuitive or a sensor though, his sense of humor always seemed like a classic ENTP humor to me (I could relate) but on the other hand he might very well be a sensor as well, I have to look into that. One aspect that supports Chandler being an NT though is the fact that no one seems to be able to relate to him, which is a very common problem for analysts.

I think Joey is a classic example of an ESFP actually, plus he does use feeling quite a lot. Watch the episode where he learns that Chandler kissed his girlfriend (The One With Chandler in a Box?), his reaction is very emotional. Or when he doesn't want to give his weird penguin toy to Emma.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think
Jerry ENTJ
Elaine INFP
Kramer ENTP
George maybe ENFP
He likes to lie and manipulate others so not to sure with him. He over analyzes a lot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think

I think

Chandler: ENFJ
Ross: INFP
Joey: ESFP
Phoebe: ESTP
Monica: ESTJ
Rachel: INFP