Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was intriguing to read ( online,) as I recognised so many INFP features to this list.

Here it is; if I copy it correctly?

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/04/29/7-things-self-actualised-people-do-differently.

It should read "http;//www.wakingtimes.com/2014/04/29/7-things -that- self -actualised- people -do- differently". But in the address bar the " do" word was not included.

I tried it out under the edit facilty, and it has not come out correctly under the "save" facility. I have no idea why not. I ...am...still a Rookie after all! Either I get help for this, or people find it under their own method, or I will have to scrub it. Shame.
: )

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm pretty far from self-actualization according to the author of that article..
I'm more focused on getting myself to a state where I can feel happy and become more extroverted naturally and fluidly.
If I can achieve that, I believe everything else will fall into place.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hmm. I don't personally agree with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to begin with, and I'm not sure I agree with how this article describes "self-actualization," either. It seems less like a true analysis of hyper-awareness in individuals and more like an ego stroke for INFPs. That's just my take, anyway.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well, shit, I guess I'm self-actualized. But honestly, I think the article is very biased towards a certain personality type and those are not things every person will ever desire or could even achieve. Why should an extrovert find comfort in solitude when for them, comfort is being around other people? I don't know... I guess this could be for a well-developed INFP but not for people as a whole.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Self actualization is an illusion. There is no point at which we will be fully actualized, at least in this life. If anything our selves (physical, mental) degenerate until we finally die. I know what OP means in the broadly used sense of the concept but I had to opine this.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I am actively working towards increasing my freedom of will (which is how I explain the word self actualisation). This process involves becoming intimate with all one's inner and outer motives and drivers, and to see them as the illusions they are. Then, and only then, can the true self be found.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. I don't personally agree with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs to begin with, and I'm not sure I agree with how this article describes "self-actualization," either. It seems less like a true analysis of hyper-awareness in individuals and more like an ego stroke for INFPs. That's just my take, anyway.
Hi. Now I really did wonder about that? So thank you. This innocence thing makes it hard sometimes for me to see these things clearly, and I am still not sure!

Reactions: flashbangideals

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi. Now I really did wonder about that? So thank you. This innocence thing makes it hard sometimes for me to see these things clearly, and I am still not sure!
Haha, yeah. Pretty much anything that makes you feel extremely superior or extremely inferior to other people shouldn't be trusted.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for your take on this subject. I have learn`t from it.

I think that I failed to use my discernment? I did not notice that although the wording sounded as if it was on an INFP topic, it actually was not resonating correctly. It was difficult to read. Wrong vibration. Ego? So do INFPs have to feel things with their sensory pyche antenna to discern the difference? Wow! What a lesson for me. Thanks all.
: )

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The best thing about the internet is that it gives me an opportunity to experience people like myself.

I must be a typical INFP. For me the journey of life is to know myself better. I feel I grow stronger the more I learn to see myself more clearly. I read alot of personality analysis stuff like MBTI and Enneagram, but what I've found the most helpful is experiencing my own type both here on the forum and through those INFP videos on Youtube.

So self actualization to me means self knowledge.

I have grown quite a bit from just reading all that my fellow INFPs have to say on here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts