Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion, we absolutely MUST learn to discipline or educate ourselves on introspection and emotional intelligence. We must stop looking at things as First, Second, Third, so on. To those people who have reached self-actualization, you want other to succeed, more so than they do themselves. Self-actualizing means to see and call things as they are without influence from an ego. When you release the burdens of who to be and how to feel and how to act and what to believe in --- along with natural internal struggle between your "gut" brain and conscience brain (from years of repressing your natural self, as conditioned through public aducation and religion) your left with something that can't be fully described... an inner-peace that is compounded and rewarded by offering what you can to those who can never repay you.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Have you heard of the Fourth Way? I think it might interest you. The enneagram heavily borrowed from the Fourth Way.

"Liberation leads to liberation. These are the first words of truth—not truth in quotation marks but truth in the real meaning of the word; truth which is not merely theoretical, not simply a word, but truth that can be realized in practice. The meaning behind these words may be explained as follows:

By liberation is meant the liberation which is the aim of all schools, all religions, at all times.

This liberation can indeed be very great. All men desire it and strive after it. But it cannot be attained without the first liberation, a lesser liberation. The great liberation is liberation from influences outside us. The lesser liberation is liberation from influences within us."

-G.I. Gurdjieff, Views From the Real World

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is awesome Thanatesque? (you gotta shorten that or something) I'm going to read more into but I have to tell you, I'm not getting anything out of titling something that "is" regardless of title or subjective belief. I've spent most of my life accidently contradicting most of societies "must do's to succeed and be happy". I've recently "slayed a very big fucking dragon", which on the surface might translate into Liberation as well. Anyway, thank you. I appreciate you.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Roady82;bt58354 said:
This is awesome Thanatesque? (you gotta shorten that or something) I'm going to read more into but I have to tell you, I'm not getting anything out of titling something that "is" regardless of title or subjective belief. I've spent most of my life accidently contradicting most of societies "must do's to succeed and be happy". I've recently "slayed a very big fucking dragon", which on the surface might translate into Liberation as well. Anyway, thank you. I appreciate you.
You can call me Thana or Thane, doesn't matter to me :)

What do you mean by what "is"?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, no matter what word/s we use to describe, generalize, justify... whatever, we are exact same person we were 10 seconds before we "called" it something... it's nice to validate our behaviors and idiosyncrasy's, especially those of us who are unapologetic in our uniqueness. For example, I have four sons, when my oldest son was two years old (he's not 9), he was diagnosed with Autism. My ex-wife was in the doctor's office and she began to cry. I ask, "what are you crying for", she said, "because now he's Autistic and he's going to struggle and it's going to be hard". I said, Tiff, just now finding out that he's Autistic doesn't change who the little boy is that we love every singe day... He's still the same Gavin that we showed up with. For me, it's the same with Self-Actualization and some of the other ones. Fitting with in the criteria doesn't somehow give you the/an accomplishment, And I'm sure as hell not going to make one of these things "my belief" system... I already have one, it's mine, I built it and quite proud of it. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sounds interesting. I thought self-actualization was alot about doing things, which it also partly is?, that is what i read anyway. Knowing more clearly.
Tho, I have just googled self-actualization, and these pictures/diagrams that come up reminds me of something from scientology or something, where you reach the upper most level of "clear" (if i remeber right).
But what your talking about is ofcourse not something you would haft to pay money for nessarily, etc etc.
discipline, self education, introspection and emotional intelligence are important things.
And we have many "shoulds" about being, feeling, thinking, behaving, etc

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a great way to put it Mirkwood. "Should's" or "having" come from other peoples subjective expectations based off some form of society. "Being" would be the complete opposite of that, appreciating the objectiveness of our entire existence. To me, Self-Actualization is simply understanding and liberating yourself from the inherent psychological burdens of a society's conventions. Hence "living with no ego".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts