Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
SIXES
Triggers to becoming self-aware of your blind spots
  • When you feel anxious about things, think back on how you have in the past worried needlessly about calamities which never materialized.
  • Learn to trust your own judgment. Having a wise sounding board is great, but you do not need to get advice from others every time you make a decision.
  • When you feel stressed by life situations, be careful of projecting your negative thoughts onto others. You might regret mean utterances which were not fair or deserved by another.
  • You take your commitments in life very seriously. Sometimes you can be unnecessarily harsh on yourself. Take time out to enjoy life and graciously accept time out when it is offered to you.
  • Be aware of sabotaging your own success because you might be doubting yourself. Stand back and be objective about your accomplishments and gifts in life.
How we can bring out the best in Type Sixes
  • Appreciate their loyalty and do not give them cause to distrust you by being unreliable or insincere.
  • When they are being ‘testy’, support them with genuine reassurance to ease their anxiety rather than trying to win the argument.
  • Do not be offended when they do not act on your advice after they have asked for it. They will probably have sought advice from various sources and might in the end decide on a completely different plan of action.
  • Humor will help them to lighten up and they can often see the ridiculous things in lie. Enjoy a good chuckle with them or invite them for a fun activity.
  • When they stress over what might go wrong, rather appreciate their ability to foresee life’s potential mishaps in having thought of ‘plan B’.

FIVES
How we can bring out the best in Type Fives
  • Lighten up – Type Fives have a quirky sense of humor and will delight you with their sense of the ridiculous.
  • Do not be overdependent on a Type Five – they can be kind and helpful but will run a mile if they think someone is trying to emotionally manipulate a situation.

I used to think I was a 9w1, but WOW! O_O Nope. Type 6w5 here. Although I do still have 9w1 in my tritype somewhere ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
For sixes we must have reassurance of continuing stability and appreciate knowing as far in advance as possible when that may change because we can make probably...I don't know... like 100 different plans to secure a new source of stability for you/us once we have been made aware of the situation. This is probably also an INTJ thing on my part.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Where is the FIVE information? really its annoying, as a five im very curious and knowledge hungry, why the f its incomplete?, i prefer nothing or atleast i demand a change in the title.

I DEMAND IT FFS

<-

-----------------------------------

Found it found it.

Trigger points to becoming selfaware of your blind spots.

-Conserving your energy - or being stingy. Remind yourself that there will be enough to go around, whether its is material things, your own time, resources or your emotions. The universe will provide.

-Believing that you are the expert on a subject. Remember that you might be in the know on certain topics but this does not give you the right to make others feel stupid because your superior insight. Everyone can make a contribution. (I would ingnore this point, not selfactualization at all).

Find a physical outlet which will make you feel you are using your energu in a way that does not only reply on your mental capacity.

Uhm, not great at all, not great at all.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm a type 5....and tend to run from people that I know are emotionally overly needy and selfish and using me to constantly listen to them and not care that they are draining me dry......this goes for women that are dysfunctional and talk loudly and talk over me (key signs to me that they are not going to be reciprical and considerate)....and men that are on the rebound and constantly talk about their ex's...are also people that I usually run from...

when someone is pushing boundaries and being inappropriate in a work environment....I will flat out avoid them and not waste energy on them....

when someone is gossiping and talking about shallow things....I avoid them or change the subject or make them talk about themselves, because I see their gossiping behavior as avoidance of opening up about themselves and staying in the shallow pool.....

if someone is overly critical and accusatory and I've already proved that they are wrong...and they won't relent....I run like Forest and don't look back.

people require a lot of energy from me.....so, if I'm focused on a task: graduate school, music, work....I won't invest my energy into them unless I see that they are special and we click in personality.....

if I see that a person is highly manipulative and can tell they are an unhealthy ESFJ....I don't even bother talking to them and don't care if they think I'm snobby. I'm very succinct in conversation with them and tend to be very removed of emotion and become more "Spock-like" in my tone and speech....it's not planned out...I just go in auto-mode when around these types.

I love being creative and shocking a person and showing them my various sides and show them the part of me that is wild, creative, funny and different.....and I love making people laugh...especially when I see that they need to laugh and are feeling heavy in heart....

I know I need to work on not being stingy with worrying about wasting my energy on a person. I'm an extreme Introvert....but have really good social skills....and people are always confused when I drop off the planet and stop facebooking or stop talking. I find it much more interesting to read articles to feed my brain or look at the stars at night or go to beautanical garden parks and look at the flowers and butterflies....I have tried to invest my energy into a relationship....only to get rejected and regret risking my heart, attaching and trying....it's draining. I feel so centered when I'm alone playing my guitar, writing poetry, staring at the stars.....I felt equally centered cuddling and snuggled up in my man's arms and watching tv/movies....but not so great when I'd see him looking at his phone and texting.....I fall for guys and they don't appreciate me at all and use me as a rebound....or use me for whatever....then toss me. -So not worth my energy.....

but I am working on not being stingy with my energy with friends...and risking asking them for help....I'm highly independent and HATE asking for help....but recently have been pleasantly surprised by a few friends willing to come help me and talk and have deep conversations....

so, I'm working on the stingy isolation crap that goes on....

I still need to work on getting out of my head....I stay in my head a lot....I do it a lot when put in stressful situations where I'm overwhelmed....and I go into my head a lot when I am rehearsing what to say and how to say it and think and think and think non-stop about what I did wrong and how to fix it...ugh....being a type 5 isn't easy.

and my desire to go back to grad school is strong....I wish so much that I could go back and finish my second degree.....grad school was like home....like air for me. I love learning...I love professors and having brilliant conversations with other students and professors and pushing myself to learn....I feel unprepared and illequipped being out in the world....I feel like a cat tossed into the air with no where to land and no one cares....I love education...it has always been my refuge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wonderful resource!

·
Registered
49 Posts
This information was very useful for how I should view things and how I can comfort/befriend others. Thank you very much :3

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
FIVES
How we can bring out the best in Type Fives

Lighten up – Type Fives have a quirky sense of humor and will delight you with their sense of the ridiculous.
Do not be overdependent on a Type Five – they can be kind and helpful but will run a mile if they think someone is trying to emotionally manipulate a situation.

I'd say I would run farther.
This is quiet accurate. So how do I do this "lighten up" you speak of?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts