Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to understand myself more and the Myers Briggs is a nice tool! So I filled a questionnaire for you guys :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I score a lot as an INFP but when I read the description, I don't think it sounds like me!

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for beauty, inspiration, affection, passion, pleasure, intellectual AND physical stimulation. Because all of it makes me feel good and alive.

I yearn for a lot of things, but they all lead to the concept of pleasure. I seek pleasure.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I was younger and not so self aware and over sensitive. I had more energy and less anxiety. Life seemed easier!

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I make a fool out of myself in front of other people. For example, I tell them I can do something, act confident, and when I try to do it in front of them I fail. That really hurts my ego...

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I will project myself in the future and weigh the pros and cons. For example: I hate my current boss for various reasons. She doesn't respect the work schedule and try to pressure me all the time into working more, but I can't because of my health. She's also racist and homophobic and it irritates me. I often feel like quitting and would happily do it, but I value my financial security more. (Also, I am ashamed to admit it, but I do pity her, since she's old and stupid and needs help with her shop and doesn't have a lot of employees. I would feel bad for her.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I think I don't get the question...? Of course I like to have control of the outcome, isn't that the point of a project... For it to lead to the point you wanted it to go?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

It was my Grandpa's birthday a few days ago. So my Mom, little sister, uncle and I went to my Grandparents place for supper. After supper, we played dominos. It was absolutely chaotic; my Grandpa was beaming and singing, and that irritates my Grandma so she yells, my mother and uncle end up yelling too so they can be heard, and my little sister is completely lost in it all. Nobody pays much attention to the game (but my Grandma, because she wants to win badly and it makes her go crazy.) I had a couple of cups of wine and felt like I was at the theater because it was so intense, I couldn't stop laughing!

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Depends. When it comes to theory, for example my biology classes, I will write everything down and that is usually enough for me to memorize it well. If it is something technical, I will practice the action until it is natural.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Just enough. I need to have a routine and prepare myself for the next day or I feel lost and sick, but I don't plan ahead for more than year. (Studies, life projects, etc)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't know. I think it is mostly gut feeling.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I try to do both... I am concerned about both.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Depends on the situation. If I know the subject well enough I will throw myself in. Otherwise, I think before speaking. I hate group discussions, there's always someone not listening and talking talking talking.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am jumping. Younger I would jump in situations without knowing and that ended up badly, recklessly. But I do like to keep my options open and have lots of choices as to where I could jump ;) I think actions and words can speak as loudly. I looove words and tend to pay more attention to words than actions, but empty lies are not worth a lot!

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on the friend and the activity... and my mood. Gotta be a friend I haven't seen in a while, a nice activity, and I have to be willing to get out of bed. If it's winter time it's a big NO. (I live in Canada and I don't get out in the evening at winter because it's North Pole, ok?) (...unless you take me for a hot cocoa by CAR)

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
If it's an emergency I keep it inside and work it out until it's under control (I had to call a lot of ambulances because of my former jobs) and when I get home I get it out by talking to my boyfriend/brother/friends. Usually have a drink if it was really bad...

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they are not authentic, I think that's the thing I hate the most.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Oh yes! Intellectual debates about everything, pretty much. Litterature, cinema, sciences, philosophy, history... I love it when someone is well spoken and or well read!

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Well I don't know, since I don't pay attention to it ;)

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't know. I think most of my friends see me as sweet and smart? Some of them have seen the dark parts of me (drunk self) and they said I can be very hard to follow and mean, even.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends on so many things! How do I feel? Am I tired? Do I feel like seeing people or not? What's the weather outside? What day of the weeks is it, what's the schedule of the people I live with? Did we have any plans for today?
I will try to live everyday to its fullest!

Thank you! And sorry for the mistakes, I am French! 馃槉

Registered
I am trying to understand myself more and the Myers Briggs is a nice tool! So I filled a questionnaire for you guys :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I score a lot as an INFP but when I read the description, I don't think it sounds like me!
Interesting, if you do not mind I would like to know what you do and do not relate to. It depends, but lots of time certain stereotypes arise in descriptions or the test has questions and answers that are just wrong or misunderstood. Plus it can help based on certain traits you do or do not agree with.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for beauty, inspiration, affection, passion, pleasure, intellectual AND physical stimulation. Because all of it makes me feel good and alive.

I yearn for a lot of things, but they all lead to the concept of pleasure. I seek pleasure.
Beauty could be anything, because I do not know what kind of beauty and even if I did it could be many things for different reasons. Inspiration could be a form of Fe or Te, but it could also be a type of N or S as well. Affection is an F, passion could be anything. Pleasure could be a form of either Ti or Fi. The fact you say both physical and intellectual makes me think you are aux S or N with tertiary S or N, but idk.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I was younger and not so self aware and over sensitive. I had more energy and less anxiety. Life seemed easier!
That could be anything, but if I had to guess that would be a young dom extrovert of a perceiving and then has secondary judging.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I make a fool out of myself in front of other people. For example, I tell them I can do something, act confident, and when I try to do it in front of them I fail. That really hurts my ego...
This seems like a high Te, Fi, or maybe Ti, but it totally depends.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I will project myself in the future and weigh the pros and cons. For example: I hate my current boss for various reasons. She doesn't respect the work schedule and try to pressure me all the time into working more, but I can't because of my health. She's also racist and homophobic and it irritates me. I often feel like quitting and would happily do it, but I value my financial security more. (Also, I am ashamed to admit it, but I do pity her, since she's old and stupid and needs help with her shop and doesn't have a lot of employees. I would feel bad for her.)
Okay this is very interesting. So what you do here is either Ni or Ne. It is hard to say, probably Ni honestly. Then it seems like Fi and Te, not sure which is higher.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I think I don't get the question...? Of course I like to have control of the outcome, isn't that the point of a project... For it to lead to the point you wanted it to go?
Not a very good question. I think it meant how do you control. Are you controlling of others, focused on one type of goal over how the project works?
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
It was my Grandpa's birthday a few days ago. So my Mom, little sister, uncle and I went to my Grandparents place for supper. After supper, we played dominos. It was absolutely chaotic; my Grandpa was beaming and singing, and that irritates my Grandma so she yells, my mother and uncle end up yelling too so they can be heard, and my little sister is completely lost in it all. Nobody pays much attention to the game (but my Grandma, because she wants to win badly and it makes her go crazy.) I had a couple of cups of wine and felt like I was at the theater because it was so intense, I couldn't stop laughing!
This is absolutely a type of F. I would guess Fi, but it could be Fe. I think stereotypical this seems like an Se use,but honestly could be other things.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Depends. When it comes to theory, for example my biology classes, I will write everything down and that is usually enough for me to memorize it well. If it is something technical, I will practice the action until it is natural.
This is actually seems like either Se or Si to me. It sounds more like Si to me. Focus on complete memorization which you would do by writing it down and then studying. Now that being said I know that many Ns might do this so I am not saying you are an S, but the way you mention the retention it sounds like Si or Se.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Just enough. I need to have a routine and prepare myself for the next day or I feel lost and sick, but I don't plan ahead for more than year. (Studies, life projects, etc)
This is probably lower Ni or anti Ni. This sounds like Si maybe, but I know anyone can make plans so Idk. I think Ns in general if not plan tend to always think of possible futures way in advance. There are exceptions of course.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't know. I think it is mostly gut feeling.
Gut feeling? How so?
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I try to do both... I am concerned about both.
Ok well there goes the Fi or Fe question. It does however mean that you are most likely F. Explain why you would do each one. Because Fi and Fe do both, but the reasons are usually different.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Depends on the situation. If I know the subject well enough I will throw myself in. Otherwise, I think before speaking. I hate group discussions, there's always someone not listening and talking talking talking.
This sounds like maybe an Ne-Si type of thing, but it could be anything. Introversion.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am jumping. Younger I would jump in situations without knowing and that ended up badly, recklessly. But I do like to keep my options open and have lots of choices as to where I could jump ;) I think actions and words can speak as loudly. I looove words and tend to pay more attention to words than actions, but empty lies are not worth a lot!
I am not sure, this kind of sounds like Se-Ni now. I have no idea about the words or actions to be honest.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on the friend and the activity... and my mood. Gotta be a friend I haven't seen in a while, a nice activity, and I have to be willing to get out of bed. If it's winter time it's a big NO. (I live in Canada and I don't get out in the evening at winter because it's North Pole, ok?) (...unless you take me for a hot cocoa by CAR)
Introversion and a form of T.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
If it's an emergency I keep it inside and work it out until it's under control (I had to call a lot of ambulances because of my former jobs) and when I get home I get it out by talking to my boyfriend/brother/friends. Usually have a drink if it was really bad...
This sounds like Si or Ne now. I guess it might not be.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they are not authentic, I think that's the thing I hate the most.
That sounds like it could depend. My guess is it is anti Te, but it could be a form of Fe as well.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Oh yes! Intellectual debates about everything, pretty much. Litterature, cinema, sciences, philosophy, history... I love it when someone is well spoken and or well read!
This could be many things, but is common with N types. I know many Si types that love discussing this as well, so it depends more on the how then the what.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Well I don't know, since I don't pay attention to it ;)
I have no idea.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't know. I think most of my friends see me as sweet and smart? Some of them have seen the dark parts of me (drunk self) and they said I can be very hard to follow and mean, even.
I do not know.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends on so many things! How do I feel? Am I tired? Do I feel like seeing people or not? What's the weather outside? What day of the weeks is it, what's the schedule of the people I live with? Did we have any plans for today?
I will try to live everyday to its fullest!

Thank you! And sorry for the mistakes, I am French! 馃槉
Okay I have some ideas, but I would like feedback for sure. There are questions I need more for. Question 2, if possible 3 but that one did give some things, 8, 9, 10 for sure, and 15. For 15 talk about how you have acted when you were stressed. Bottling it up doesn't give much and if you do not know answer for that one that is okay.

Now I do not feel comfortable actually deducing to a type, but I have some ideas. I think you are most likely an F type. You are introverted so that leaves ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, and INFJ. Now I do not know if you have Fe or Fi and I am not sure if you are Ni-Se or Si-Ne. I think based on what I have there was some proof for ISFJ more than any, but I saw some ISFP and INFP possibilities as well. I do no think you are an INFJ, but I do not want to rule it out. Anyway I am sorry that you did not get a definitive answer. I hope this helped in any way and I wonder if others saw you as something else because I might have missed some things.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hello FlyingT, thank you for your very complete answer! Sorry if I was too vague on some things, I will write more as you asked :)

Question 2)
I yearn for all types of beauty. In colors and shape, nature, art, emotions... I love to contemplate beauty. I think of all forms of life as complex and beautiful and that fascinates me and that feeling of fascination is very dear and important to me. Passion is what I feel when I am completely absorbed by something or someone and I crave that a LOT (I had a boyfriend for 2 years and it was a very toxic relationship, but I could not stop because of how complex and interesting he was to me.)

Question 3)
Ok. I can talk about when I felt at my finest in the current year. Some days, everything seems crystal clear in my head. Decisions are easy to make, I get dressed and think I look pretty, and I will tackle tasks with energy and confidence.

Question 8)
Well... I can add that I need to go to my own rythm when learning something and that was the biggest obstacle for me in School. I'm a fast reader and I learn things quickly if you let me read the theory. Listening to a teacher was a torture. Too slow, too distracting! I would forget half of what he said by the time he would be finished. when I read something, I will read it fast for a first time and then concentrate on the parts I did not understand.

Question 9)
Sorry, there is nothing more to say I think... I do feel like I'm lacking organization in certain areas of my life and that stresses me out because I would need a lot of money to re organize all the space around me haha!

Question 10)
I get feelings about things. When I read or hear about a new idea, it will either interest me or not depending on that feeling. If it does, I will check its principles to understand the infernal dynamics I guess. All the little parts interacting together and resulting in the said idea/concept.

Question 15)
When I am stressed I will keep my calm on the surface but I will be frenetic, give short answers to people because I'm in my head trying to think of a solution and I wont stop being tensed until the problem is solved or the stressful situation is over. I'm a very anxious person but I am not easily stressed...

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
If this is not enough and you need more details on certain questions, I can explain more, just ask :)

And I find it interesting that you propose ISFJ. I do relate to a lot of aspects, as defending the things and persons I love. I am VERY protective of the ones I love. If you're mean to my family or best friends, you won't forget me so soon...

Registered
INFP 6w5 629
Rather certain you are an IxxJ as you are trying to control things, and not relating yourself to others.
Indications of SF but less of this sort of indication.
will need to revisit when I have more attention to read a questionnaire.

Registered
Hello FlyingT, thank you for your very complete answer! Sorry if I was too vague on some things, I will write more as you asked :)

Question 2)
I yearn for all types of beauty. In colors and shape, nature, art, emotions... I love to contemplate beauty. I think of all forms of life as complex and beautiful and that fascinates me and that feeling of fascination is very dear and important to me. Passion is what I feel when I am completely absorbed by something or someone and I crave that a LOT (I had a boyfriend for 2 years and it was a very toxic relationship, but I could not stop because of how complex and interesting he was to me.)
Ok so this could be alot, but you explained it well. I think this is most likely a type of F with S or N.
Question 3)
Ok. I can talk about when I felt at my finest in the current year. Some days, everything seems crystal clear in my head. Decisions are easy to make, I get dressed and think I look pretty, and I will tackle tasks with energy and confidence.
Ok this sounds like Ni or Si. Possible Ne with Se though. Decision making is going to be usually be a form of T or F depending on the situations, but everything making sense and tackling tasks seems like an introverted form of a perceiving function. However It could be an introverted judging with extrovert perceiving.
Question 8)
Well... I can add that I need to go to my own rythm when learning something and that was the biggest obstacle for me in School. I'm a fast reader and I learn things quickly if you let me read the theory. Listening to a teacher was a torture. Too slow, too distracting! I would forget half of what he said by the time he would be finished. when I read something, I will read it fast for a first time and then concentrate on the parts I did not understand.
This sounds like what my Si friends would do, but it could be anything.
Question 9)
Sorry, there is nothing more to say I think... I do feel like I'm lacking organization in certain areas of my life and that stresses me out because I would need a lot of money to re organize all the space around me haha!
This actually helped. I do not think Ni because of this question. This might be Se-Ni, but I do not know. I am pretty sure not dom Ni, but we will see.
Question 10)
I get feelings about things. When I read or hear about a new idea, it will either interest me or not depending on that feeling. If it does, I will check its principles to understand the infernal dynamics I guess. All the little parts interacting together and resulting in the said idea/concept.
Ok interesting. It kind of sounds like Ni actually, but it could be Si or even Ne. You also mention what could be a form of Ti for sure.
Question 15)
When I am stressed I will keep my calm on the surface but I will be frenetic, give short answers to people because I'm in my head trying to think of a solution and I wont stop being tensed until the problem is solved or the stressful situation is over. I'm a very anxious person but I am not easily stressed...
So this sounds like either inferior Te or inferior Ne. If I had to guess I would say Te.

So this actually helped a lot so thank you for clarifying some questions. I am feel safe to eliminate INFJ. I also feel safe eliminating ISFP. This leaves INFP and ISFJ. Now when it comes to traits these types can be similar to I would look up the functions and decide if you are Fe or Fi. That is the big question. Question 11 is the only one that I think you should at least ask yourself. So I think if I had to guess I would say you are an INFP you just do not agree with every description. That being said ISFJ is also very likely and ISFP is possible, but I would look at ISFJ and INFP functions. Let me know if this helped and thank you for answering the questions I asked last time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
@FlyingT Thank you for taking the time to explain every aspect of your analysis :)

As for question 11

I think both are important for my well being. When I'm alone, I feel fine with being myself. But I do find it hard in front of other people because I don't like standing out and I know I do. For example, I studied a while in nursing and I felt so sick with social anxieties because I felt so different because of my interests. So no, 'being myself' in front of them was not an option... So yes, if I can't be myself I am not experiencing harmony.
But even if I am being myself, if I am around people and someone is not doing fine, I won't be doing fine either and it will be more important to me to help that person than 'not being myself'.

Does it help? :)

Registered
INFP 6w5 629
Thank you @secondpassing.
I do try to control things, but what do you mean by ' I am not relating myself to others' ?
This is just something how I saw someone else type someone else. I think examples would be pretty useful, but I find it hard to put these things into words. For this, I'll just point you at the ISFP and INFP forum. A lot of posts and threads are how "they [or really, 'I']" are different than other people. Then you can compare this to any of the ExxJ, IxxJ, even the ExxP forums (the last one to a lesser extent). You will see less threads and posts and less concern about how they are different than others.

Also, I'm trying to link you to the post about how people that are bipolar will often type SFJ and people who are depressed can type NFP, but I can't find it. It's somewhere in the INFP forum, I know, cause I just read it. Will edit this post if I end up finding it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I'm type 4 enneagram, hence the 'I feel different' parts I guess!
@secondpassing It's interesting... I started a therapy because I have a very heavy medical history. The therapy is for bordeline/bipolar persons. I have been taking sertraline (zoloft) and trazodone (for really bad nightmares) on a regular basis for the last 2 years, and depending on the last episodes, abilify/seroquel and ativan. So I guess it does affect the tests results...I will do more searches on the subject, thank you :)

Registered
INFP 6w5 629
By this point, I have read all four of your questionnaires and even still will likely need a reread. I am not convinced that you use any sort of Te, your desire for control is not so that you may be the most efficient, and definitely you don't do it so that other people will view you as competent. I did confirm that you seek control, but to what degree? Because of this, I no longer confine myself into thinking you are a IxxJ and have broadened it to include ExxJ. Your life has shown that you take great interest in making others feel good, and are very aware of how you may influence their feelings.

I don't think you prominently use Ne. People who use Ne will often relate what they learn in these abstract conceptions to different ways to organize the facts in life. To what degree you are overcompensating, I cannot tell- if accepting new abstract ways of thinking is your crux, then you are indeed an ISFJ, but this is not what your life is about, you seem to have a harder time figuring out who you are, reasoning for yourself. Which would point instead to ExFJ. You're a Fe-Ti user for sure, and my current guesses are ISFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, ENFJ.

I really want to figure out exactly why you are collecting these new sorts of information. I also want to see if I can cut out the bias you have placed upon yourself by typing as INFP, in which I highly doubt you are one. INFPs commonly struggle with the fight of being competent vs following what they believe in. Everyone has this struggle, but it is not your focus in life.

I'll return to do a reread. In the meantime, I'd like to ask:
What sorts of people do you enjoy to talking to the most? (If possible, what type are these people?) What do you talk about?

Registered
@FlyingT Thank you for taking the time to explain every aspect of your analysis :)

As for question 11

I think both are important for my well being. When I'm alone, I feel fine with being myself. But I do find it hard in front of other people because I don't like standing out and I know I do. For example, I studied a while in nursing and I felt so sick with social anxieties because I felt so different because of my interests. So no, 'being myself' in front of them was not an option... So yes, if I can't be myself I am not experiencing harmony.
But even if I am being myself, if I am around people and someone is not doing fine, I won't be doing fine either and it will be more important to me to help that person than 'not being myself'.

Does it help? :)
That helped. Think this might be Fe. I could be completely wrong, but being on your own has nothing to do with Fe and Fi for the most part. A tip to tell I have heard is that decisions of Fi tend to be made by oneself while Fe is based on what others feel. I am not sure how true that rings, but it is a saying I have heard. Fe though will be a form of decision making based off the collective emotion of others. I did see a question that seemed like a possible Ti answer as well. At the end of the day only you really know, but I would definitely ask yourself if you are not only Fe or Fi, but also determine if you are Te or Ti. If you know one then you know the other. I hope this helped, I would like to say check out Si and Ni as well, because while I do no think you are not INFJ you very well could be so just incase I would recommend trying to find out the differences. If you would like I can send videos that helped me because they focus on how the axis works versus the definition of each function.

Registered
A2, A3 don't really help. Pleasure seeking does not limit to certain types. (X)
A4 feels like an indication of introversion more than others. (I)
A5 sounds like F. (F)
A6 doesn't help given the way the answer is given although it's a valid one. (X)
A7 sounds like introversion / feeler to me. (I, F)
A8 doesn't help it's personal habits. (X)
A9 leans towards J (J)
A10 is hard to tell. (X)
A11 indicates the diplomacy in NF more than others. (N,F)
A12 probably an indication of introversion but hard to say. (I)
A13 indicates N trait and does not support SP traits (N)
A14 leans towards I and F (I,F)
A15 indicates I more than others. (I)
A16 sounds like NF (N, F)
A17 looks pretty much N (N)
A18 doesn't help (X)
A19 "hard to follow" sounds like comment of N from less N people (N)
A20 feels like J more than others (J)

It's pretty consistent I'd say looking at your answers.
I(5), N(5), F(5), J(2).
If you don't feel like being INFP, then INFJ is probably the only alternative but don't take my word for it. I just do it to kill some time from an SP perspective.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
@secondpassing
I really want to figure out exactly why you are collecting these new sorts of information. I also want to see if I can cut out the bias you have placed upon yourself by typing as INFP, in which I highly doubt you are one. INFPs commonly struggle with the fight of being competent vs following what they believe in. Everyone has this struggle, but it is not your focus in life.
Collecting what informations, exactly?
I would be very interested in cutting out that bias as well...
What sorts of people do you enjoy to talking to the most? (If possible, what type are these people?) What do you talk about?
Good question! I definitely love talking to witty people the most. For example, I moved out to this new town for studying 3 years ago. I didnt know anyone. Then I met my ex and his friend, and we became best friends the 3 of us. My ex is a chaotic nerd, very passionate and extreme but well read and well spoken (he scores ENTP) , and we would have very heated debates about anything, really. I would enjoy every exchange with him because he was smart, cunning and funny... Our other best friend is not a nerd at all. He's a gamer and very laid back. I do enjoy talking with him because he has this wicked, dark, chaotic sense of humour. We tend to gossip a lot together but since he has this wicked, twisted perception of the world I have lots of fun with him. Makes me laugh and feel less alone.
So I enjoy talking about culture in general and sciences. Then I enjoy talking about anything, as long as the person is witty and funny, doesnt matter what is the subject.

There you go :)

Registered
INFP 6w5 629
@secondpassing

Collecting what informations, exactly?
I would be very interested in cutting out that bias as well...
Good question! I definitely love talking to witty people the most. For example, I moved out to this new town for studying 3 years ago. I didnt know anyone. Then I met my ex and his friend, and we became best friends the 3 of us. My ex is a chaotic nerd, very passionate and extreme but well read and well spoken (he scores ENTP) , and we would have very heated debates about anything, really. I would enjoy every exchange with him because he was smart, cunning and funny... Our other best friend is not a nerd at all. He's a gamer and very laid back. I do enjoy talking with him because he has this wicked, dark, chaotic sense of humour. We tend to gossip a lot together but since he has this wicked, twisted perception of the world I have lots of fun with him. Makes me laugh and feel less alone.
So I enjoy talking about culture in general and sciences. Then I enjoy talking about anything, as long as the person is witty and funny, doesnt matter what is the subject.

There you go :)
Well you did say you liked Medicine and Ecology, and that you liked debates with your ENTP-ex, who, if I am to take at face value and assume he was typed correctly, probably spouted all sorts of wacky ideas. These would be abstract deviances, little tangents to go on that are entertaining, but may ultimately not lead to anything useful. If it's a preference for Ne, they gather (perhaps more ideas than they need) in anticipation one day it would have been useful. Since you don't shy away from these topics, I'm ruling out ISFJ.

This is probably super bad practice but from the tone of your questionnaires, I just feel you're not an ENFJ. Well, in total, it's a bit hard to distinguish your S/N preferences, but aside from that you just give me a different feel than when I read writings of ENFJs.

I am more sure you lead Fe. After reading "yes I love hissing cats". You just love people and being around them and the feelings they produce in you and the feelings you can produce in them. You based who you wanted to be (11) on how you could make others feel, and you did it all not relating how you made them feel. Not sure if that last sentence made sense. Anyway, you've correctly identified group sentiment, and you work to influence it. People sometimes wrongly identify Fe as Fi just by focusing on external characteristics of how your values show themselves. I think you're just a Fe user that cares about the individual and has identified her own moral convictions. Please see the below quote, I've bolded why I think you lead Fe.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Smiling a lot, talking a lot, laughing, bouncing around. It feels like electricity through my body and I want to share it and get it out and run all over the place! Or if it鈥檚 deep, like enjoying music or art, I will be quiet but feel this glow in my body and sometimes I will cry. I rarely keep my joy to myself, since I feel it鈥檚 a gift for other people because when I鈥檓 in a good mood it usually spreads. I noticed that I can convince a lot of people to party with me, even on a monday night, because I am just too enthusiastic about it (I know, quite egocentric isn鈥檛 it?). For example, last week I was worrying about a huge homework that was worth 30% of one of my nursing classes, and I got 91%. I was automatically filled with so much joy, I wrote to both my parents, my brother, my cousin, and I went to see my friends with a few beers and told them: Let鈥檚 go sliding outside !!!! (we live in Canada, you can slide on snow haha!) and most of my friends followed me because I was bouncing and talking so fast that everybody was laughing. I started a group discussion with all the people I know close by who love to play and party, and every time I feel like it, I organize supper at my place with a few games in mind so we can all have a good time. That makes me super happy.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
Well鈥 I just talked about it on question 9. I love both to be honest, I love one-on-one because that鈥檚 how you get to know a person deeply. But I also love group interaction because then it creates a new chemistry. I had 3 times in my life deep 鈥榯riangle鈥 connections: I will hang out with 2 persons and the 3 of us will be inseparable for a moment. I usually meet them and we automatically act like old friends and be ALL the time together. Just hanging with one of them can be weird, but if we鈥檙e the 3 of us together, something magical happens, the conversations bounce in a different way and it just flows into something else. This is always a turning stone in my life. Triangle friendship (or love in one of my case) seems to be a catalyst, we transform each other. Just like any long term relationship鈥 I give a part of myself and keep a part of the other. I am not the same ever after.
Well, if you are a ExFJ, then we should be able to cross-check and be able to see inferior Ti. Well, you've written like four threads in the "What's my personality type?" subforum, and you have a hard time pinning who you are. I think that effort should say something.

My guesses are thus ESFJ > ENFJ > INFJ

Not sure if any of this made sense, you may ask more questions, but I may not be able to answer. You may also wish for additional opinions. Hoped this helped. I was a little concerned that I would get your type wrong and start you on the wrong path of discovery, feel free to blame me if that is the case. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, and when I said I would, it's a personal failing of mine, but thanks for the challenge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts