Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear often that I don't have any, from people who don't observe me from day to day and don't see me when I look in the mirror. I think it's quite humorous to be accused of such asinine crap. You see, I may be considered this way because others have more of it. That doesn't necessarily mean that I don't have any. I have less, there is a difference.

I know I can be sexy sometimes, and perhaps I choose not to display it like a filthy whore. Am I at fault? No, because I have nothing to be blamed for but being who I am, and even that should not be blamed.

Have any of you fellow INFPs ever been accused of having Zero Confidence? If so, tell me how you feel about it, and do tell your stories, and I apologize if this has been posted before.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
yeah people around me tell it to my face like i deserve it. i tell them to fuck off. in my mind of course. :dry:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not an INFP but I have been of accused of that. I find it quite humorous. People come to conclusions too hastily and often make such claims because they can't imagine someone being different yet possessing good self-esteem at the same time.

Being introverted is often perceived as indicative of low self-esteem, especially when you are heavily introverted.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not an INFP but I have been of accused of that. I find it quite humorous. People come to conclusions too hastily and often make such claims because they can't imagine someone being different yet possessing good self-esteem at the same time.
Wonderful, just wonderful. Thank you. I will remember to Pwn the sh*t out of someone with this the next time they tell me I have none. ^^

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I wonder sometimes if people who wear it on their shoulder assume everyone else that doesn't do the same doesn't possess it.

Any self esteem I've ever had has been more hidden. Like a secret source of power or something.

Reactions: FiNe SiTe

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder sometimes if people who wear it on their shoulder assume everyone else that doesn't do the same doesn't possess it.

Any self esteem I've ever had has been more hidden. Like a secret source of power or something.
Oooo..very good point. Ever play "Secret of mana" haha

·
Registered
384 Posts
They told me the same way... especially ESTJ and that sort of types.. They joke with me, tell me not to be so quite and or sensitive. Evertime I want to build or work on my selfesteem it gets ruined by those sort of situations... It's true that I'm overly sensitive to critism. But I'll manage my way through..

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get that way too, I seem too sensitive, but I can't change who I am and if anyone thinks I can, then they can try and give me a fucking lobotomy or kiss my ass and accept me for who I am.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I get that way too, I seem too sensitive, but I can't change who I am and if anyone thinks I can, then they can try and give me a fucking lobotomy or kiss my ass and accept me for who I am.
Yes, I'll keep this in my mind. Me will always be me. I don't want to change. My parents and some others want to change me to ENFJ..

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I'll keep this in my mind. Me will always be me. I don't want to change. My parents and some others want to change me to ENFJ..
I've never heard of an introvert turning into an extrovert unless they were ANFP or ANFJ etc etc which would make it easier for them to turn extroverted. I certainly can't ever turn into an extrovert. My introversion is way too high, probably at 80 something. What is your introversion percentile?

·
Registered
565 Posts
well, they say this because it's true, but apparently, different people get different impressions. there are a few times when i have known somebody for a little while but haven't talked. we make friends, begin talking more openly about ourselves and they say they're shocked (not sarcastically) that i am so insecure, as i give the impression of having quite a bit of self-confidence...which is weird, because i am obviously a wreck.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, they say this because it's true, but apparently, different people get different impressions. there are a few times when i have known somebody for a little while but haven't talked. we make friends, begin talking more openly about ourselves and they say they're shocked (not sarcastically) that i am so insecure, as i give the impression of having quite a bit of self-confidence...which is weird, because i am obviously a wreck.
How can you assume that it's true when someone says you have no confidence, or are you just speaking for yourself? If it's a hidden confidence, that means they're lying and are full of shit making it untrue.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I hear often that I don't have any, from people who don't observe me from day to day and don't see me when I look in the mirror. I think it's quite humorous to be accused of such asinine crap. You see, I may be considered this way because others have more of it. That doesn't necessarily mean that I don't have any. I have less, there is a difference.

I know I can be sexy sometimes, and perhaps I choose not to display it like a filthy whore. Am I at fault? No, because I have nothing to be blamed for but being who I am, and even that should not be blamed.

Have any of you fellow INFPs ever been accused of having Zero Confidence? If so, tell me how you feel about it, and do tell your stories, and I apologize if this has been posted before.
How can you assume that it's true when someone says you have no confidence, or are you just speaking for yourself? If it's a hidden confidence, that means they're lying and are full of shit making it untrue.

i'm speaking for myself :') i seem confident (apparently) but i know i'm not

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm speaking for myself :') i seem confident (apparently) but i know i'm not
Are you "Faking it till you make it"? I don't ever wish to do something like that, it kills me inside to do so. It's living the life of someone else.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Often I think my confidence is pretty low. I am not sure if that is perceived by others as such.

I do notice that I have improved in this respect over the years. As much as I dont always measure up to their predominantly economic standards, there are other equally valid standards that make me a whole lot more equal to other people.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Accused of having Zero Confidence? Come on.

I have no real confidence... I've never seen anyone that's made me want to try that hard either.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
I have as much confidence as I require in the particular situation. My self esteem is independent of that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've never heard of an introvert turning into an extrovert unless they were ANFP or ANFJ etc etc which would make it easier for them to turn extroverted. I certainly can't ever turn into an extrovert. My introversion is way too high, probably at 80 something. What is your introversion percentile?
the test said that i was ''moderately expressed introvert''. I had 60% introverson. Not so extremly high. I don't know what an ANFP is? Does that really exist? But I can't turn extravert... I can try it for a couple of days. But it's not in my nature to do... When I was a child my introversion was much higher. I think also 80 or something. Trough the years I became a bit more extraverted. When I'm in a really really but then really good mood I'm ENFP. But that are usally phases of a couple of weeks.. and then I turn to my normal self again. I don't have these phases much, mabye once or two a year. In these phases I have really a lot of engery, Im happy ''crazy'' and people seem to like me more. I'm all lyrical, I have all these plans, do more without thinking, spend more money. I'm in a really diffrent atmosphere and mindset then. Can't quite discribe it. I tryed it. I wonder if this INFP behaviar too?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I, myself, has good self esteem, but the things I do I don't feel very confident about because my inner self esteem is so high it's hard for me to live up to it in the outside world. When I don't at least get close then I might come off as not very confident, but I'm working with a different scale.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i think i read an INFP profile somewhere online that said INFP's are perfectionists when they are passionate about something. Do you think it's implied that behind this perfection lies a quiet confidence and high self esteem?

Reactions: NexT
1 - 20 of 30 Posts