Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Yes. Totally.. On every level. Still haven't found a solution though.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
I USED to be able to relate. But when I was about 19 I had an epiphany, not one thought but my whole world just seemed to collect and aggregate itself. What I want is, hopefully through my example, to get the world to be more authentic. To show people that although it leaves you vulnerable, to be as authentic and true to yourself and others as possible is the best way to live. You might get jeered, rejected, spat on (ok...maybe that's extreme) my point is not putting on a flashy show like the "world" AKA western culture says you should is the best way to live.

Those who don't love or accept you when you live like that are not worth your time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I actually have a pretty good feel for my sense of self and what I want out of the world. The problem is that it's so broad I don't have enough direction to create a real career out of it without feeling like I'm sacrificing things I don't want to sacrifice. I like to keep a view of the "big picture" and pursue the life I want rather than letting everything resolve specifically around pursuing the career I want, which is what most other people I know seem to do. But now I think I'm nearing a point in my life where I have to either sacrifice my freedom for a few years and go to grad school, or keep my freedom but be limited in what I can do professionally to things that are far less interesting and lucrative than what I could do with a degree. It's tough when the things I want most in life are geographic freedom and to be involved in things I'm passionate about, and they're currently conflicting.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think what you want changes throughout life so as Ruben has said in answer to my posts in the past, it's about focusing on the the here and now and prioritizing what matters at the moment, what you can make a difference too and when is possible.

You should also be more accepting of your current situations (limitations etc..) this is one of my majors, accept that you can't do everything and ironically the more you think about it, the less you actually do...

As the famous Nike slogan goes....Just Do It!

Pie x

·
Registered
250 Posts
I USED to be able to relate. But when I was about 19 I had an epiphany, not one thought but my whole world just seemed to collect and aggregate itself. What I want is, hopefully through my example, to get the world to be more authentic. To show people that although it leaves you vulnerable, to be as authentic and true to yourself and others as possible is the best way to live. You might get jeered, rejected, spat on (ok...maybe that's extreme) my point is not putting on a flashy show like the "world" AKA western culture says you should is the best way to live.

Those who don't love or accept you when you live like that are not worth your time.
It is difficult to pinpoint exactly what you want to do and where you fit in as an ENFP due to the endless possibilities we see. I find that these days I tend to believe that I attract what I need into my life and go from there...I have done so much and yet so little...anyone relate to that?:happy: Of course you do! :happy:

I believe that at the heart of every ENFP is the desire to make the world a better place and so long as we use our specific strengths and talents to do just that every single day; even if it is to simply help one person / plan / situation / cause / etc then we find our innate sense of self and direction.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
I'm kinda antagonistic in that sense. Whatever people around me want me to be, I usually rebel.

I define myself. I'm open to suggestions, but I won't allow whatever people think I "should be" dictate who I am. Usually, I give the finger to that, because it's one of my pet-peeves.. like get off my back, because you haven't walked in my shoes to judge. so bugger off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I'm 19 and nothing like Moby said have happened :D I don't have it precised who I wanna be. When I'm starting doing something seriously I'm constantly under great pressure and I'm stressed like hell and then it doesn't feel like something I want to do anymore so I'm losing interest. Or I'm acheiving something, not like 100% of it, only a bit of my goal, and then I can see how it will be in real life and that's not the reality I wanted so I use to back away :D But yeah I often rebel when someone tells me what to do.
Well, hell yeah, I want to be famous and rule the world. But like in another world. Like in different reality. :D

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I think it's easy to repress your Fi because the demands placed on ENFPs in this SJ world, and it's easy to give those demands too much credit because you want to be liked.

In my opinion, you have to work really hard to eliminate "I should be ____" from your vocabulary and thought process entirely. Because when you say "I should be" your negative Si is leading your Ne, which concedes to a stressed out Te.

Instead, make an ongoing effort to define what you ARE. When you feel something, label it and what made you feel that way, I mean just notice it. Be curious about yourself for a change, turn your Ne inward and just learn about who you are and how you react to things and why. How do you fit in the world and what do you deserve? What is reasonable for people to expect of you and what is not, and how does that make you feel, how would it make you feel if someone expected that of someone else? The stronger your sense of what you feel and why, the less it will matter what everyone expects.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread but my advise is : If you want to find what YOU want, then please be alone for a while. Might sound scary but it's worth it. Even better if you take a solo trip. Just stay away from the people you're so connected to and you'll find your own radar. PS : it could take years, but it-can-be-done.
Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Haha, i'm glad i finally found a lot of people who actually gets the same issue as i. Well, in my case i found that i basically want to learn everything, but i can't. So when i decide to focus on something, i feel i like more something else instead, then i keep going back and forth and that's really bad because i can't get anything done in the end. I guess i'll take TealMoon's advise, if that's what it takes for me to find my spot.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Of course you know what you want! You're an ENFP! You want to be famous and rule the world!

....Either that or you want to become a hermit.
Funny that, ever want both at the same time? xD

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I want to be famous and rule the world. But like in another world. Like in different reality. :D
Dont we all? I want to be the real life Willy Wonka.

*randomly breaks out into song* :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts