Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Because PerC is mostly dominated by intuitives, I feel that the sensors often cop a lot of unneccessary (and hurtful) whack, but the truth is, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and I feel that this world would be very lost without the strengths of sensors. So, I am designating a place for people of all types to share their appreciation/stories/favourite things about sensors. No bullying allowed!​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shall begin: boy do I have a story for you.

So basically, about two hours ago, I got out of bed...had a shower...started making myself a sandwich...when all of a sudden, I hear this water heavily gushing from the laundry...my face: :confused: UH OH!!! What's that?!?! :shocked:

I walk to the laundry...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The house was quickly flooding D:
WHAT. HOW. WHY. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! (I was in a state of panic!!!)
So I did what was instinctive, went in, turned off any powerpoints, tried closing every tap possible...etc. STILL it wouldn't stop!!! It was coming from under the washing machine.

ANYWAY, I tried EVERY SINGLE key in the house to try and open the laundry door to let the water go right outside! GAH!!! NONE of them were working!!! I tried calling my mum (at work), and she wouldn't pick up, I tried my brothers (one is interstate and the other was at work!! AGHHHHHH!) I just wanted to cry!!!! :frustrating::sad:

Eventually I was able to reach the mobile of my trusty handy (ISTJ) uncle!!!! I was hesitant to call at first in case he would get angry at me, even though I didn't cause it hehe (he is a bit short fused but has a HEART OF GOLD and protects me like no other!!! :love_heart:)
ANYWAY, he didn't so that's good. He came straight over with my Nonna!!!

HE FIXED IT STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!

SO BASICALLY I HAVE TO SAY

THANK GOD FOR SENSORS IN THIS WORLD!!!!
No one would have been able to solve that but him.
He stopped the water running and went straight out again to buy a new hose. :crying: He is the HERO of the day!!!

Nonna and I then did what we could to clean up the water mess, wringing the towels that were on the floor and got wet, mopping, etc.
Anyway now I had to have another shower :dry: oh well.

WHAT A FRANTIC MESS/URGET SITUATION THAT WAS!!!! LUCKY I WAS HOME (AND MY UNCLE WAS AROUND), FAR OUT!

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Reactions: QuiteCharmed

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Thanks for keeping my ass on the ground instead of on Cloud Cuckoo Land. And pointing out the flaws in my thoughts. And telling me how to behave. And reminding me of what's most important in life.

Reactions: Cherry

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
I actually appreciate my estj teacher.. She's really quite strict..

And i love it because I'm lazy i need to beat up.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,622 Posts
Freaking awesome way they are confident with capturing and representing the concrete world, the ability to act as a conduit for perceptions into a clear, visceral way different to the vague and convoluted expressions of the intuitives. I can take a long time to adequately find a way of transferring my thoughts into a clear form. That's why I need sensory types in my life, they take me out of that murky lake and present things that I can easily observe. They are so much better at melding with the real world, accurately observing and playing with it, though their own style whether that be in conjunct with Fi/Te or Fe/Ti.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
He came straight over with my Nonna!!!
You're Italian? Eyy, me too.

I don't have any specific story that proves sensors to be awesome. They just are. Maybe I'll think of some specifics to flatter them with... If I only had stronger Si I'm sure I could come up with something off the top of my head ;)

Reactions: Cherry

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Oh, boy... I'm Italian AND a sensor... now I REALLY feel appreciated, lol.

BTW, my great-grandmother was Nonna (she lived to a very active 97 and I got to know her well) and my grandmother (Nonna's daughter) was called Nonnie to differentiate.

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, boy... I'm Italian AND a sensor... now I REALLY feel appreciated, lol.

BTW, my great-grandmother was Nonna (she lived to a very active 97 and I got to know her well) and my grandmother (Nonna's daughter) was called Nonnie to differentiate.
Ahaha, sweet! ^_^
Wow, 97, that's amazing!!!

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mum is a sensor ...ISFX - but she would be somewhere in between for quite a few of the letters (except 'I' she is incredibly introverted)...sometimes she can be 'intuitive' if prompted...
I honestly couldn't live life without her...She is my best friend, above all others.
She has always been there for me. She is intelligent. She is comforting. She always has great 'solutions' (especially for creative problems, that just make me go WOW! How did you even think of that??? Genius!!!) She has always shown her care and love in her actions, moreso than words (unlike myself), and I wouldn't be who I am without her.
I'm lucky she puts up with me talking her ear off with all my ideas/observations/philosophising :laughing:

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why are we focusing on sensors? All functions matter.
Exactly - all functions matter. There are already "appreciation" threads dedicated to all the other types (I think? At least quite a few of them) and you can read the OP: sensors have gotten an unnecessary bad rep on perC so this is a thread specifically to discuss the things we love about the sensors in our life. Do you have any positive stories you would like to share about a sensor? If not, I am sure you will have fun on one of the other threads for your type, you'll find a few of us INFPs paying ENTPs multiple compliments around the place ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
897 Posts
Exactly - all functions matter. There are already "appreciation" threads dedicated to all the other types (I think? At least quite a few of them) and you can read the OP: sensors have gotten an unnecessary bad rep on perC so this is a thread specifically to discuss the things we love about the sensors in our life. Do you have any positive stories you would like to share about a sensor? If not, I am sure you will have fun on one of the other threads for your type, you'll find a few of us INFPs paying ENTPs multiple compliments around the place ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It was satire based on Black Lives Matter/ALM.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
SENSOR Appreciation Thread!
I was going to dismantle on why these appreciation movements are pointless, but I thought I'll be nice today.

Reactions: The red spirit

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't understand why enjoying the real world and being practical instead of living in your head is seen as negative on PersonalityCafe.

Personally I really don't enjoy talking/hanging out with sensors because we are just too different. (even my ESTP brother who is extremely smart) but I am indeed jealous sometimes of how much they enjoy living in the present and doing external stuff all the time.
Oh I do have an ISTP friend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts