Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if one of these already exists.
There seems to be a lot of sensor hate going around the moment. To counteract all the stereotypes and generally bad portrayal of sensors, post everything you like/admire about them here. :proud:

I'll start:

-How much they appreciate the world around them. Things like beautiful landscapes, skies, artwork, any presentation. They really can appreciate the aesthetic of things for what they are.

-Sensors doing impressions! Best thing ever.

-I can really appreciate their view on things. It's like watching the world through a glass window, rather than frosted up with all the theories and musings of my intuition. Just purely seeing what's there, no tangents.

-Personally, extra love for ESTPs and ISTJs. I'm sure I've wrote that elsewhere, but I love these two types.

Continue.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
I'm not sure if one of these already exists.
There seems to be a lot of sensor hate going around the moment. To counteract all the stereotypes and generally bad portrayal of sensors, post everything you like/admire about them here. :proud:

I'll start:

-How much they appreciate the world around them. Things like beautiful landscapes, skies, artwork, any presentation. They really can appreciate the aesthetic of things for what they are.

-Sensors doing impressions! Best thing ever.

-I can really appreciate their view on things. It's like watching the world through a glass window, rather than frosted up with all the theories and musings of my intuition. Just purely seeing what's there, no tangents.

-Personally, extra love for ESTPs and ISTJs. I'm sure I've wrote that elsewhere, but I love these two types.

Continue.
Makes this thread all the better coming from a non-sensor, much appreciated, lol. Although I'm not bothered by any sensor hate, wasnt even aware it was going on, so ummm yeah, thanks for that :p

I often times feel as if I'm trapped by a glass window. Unable to access the world that is obvious all around me, feeling trapped here unable to explore.

We do see what actually is there and are able to realize what is actually happening at a given time, which is nice; but then again, we also sometimes cant see what could be, whether positive or negative, which is where the N's become useful in your own little way :p

Reactions: Owfin

·
Registered
277 Posts
Think this was with an ESTP: We were driving along in his car when we stopped at a red light and he started making a joke about how skin-tone colored shirts are really unflattering. I dropped the fuck out of my daydream clouds and realized there was a man at the crosswalk, in a skin-tone colored shirt looking like a basted turkey. Part of the reason his observation was so funny to me is cuz I totally never would have made it myself. I hardly ever even recognize my surroundings, whereas he could entertain himself with the smallest details. I dno I was just like, so impressed.

Ya I know, cool story bro.

I often times feel as if I'm trapped by a glass window. Unable to access the world that is obvious all around me, feeling trapped here unable to explore.
That's funny, cuz I often feel the same way as an Intuitive.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Think this was with an ESTP: We were driving along in his car when we stopped at a red light and he started making a joke about how skin-tone colored shirts are really unflattering. I dropped the fuck out of my daydream clouds and realized there was a man at the crosswalk, in a skin-tone colored shirt looking like a basted turkey. Part of the reason his observation was so funny to me is cuz I totally never would have made it myself. I hardly ever even recognize my surroundings, whereas he could entertain himself with the smallest details. I dno I was just like, so impressed.

Ya I know, cool story bro.

That's funny, cuz I often feel the same was as an Intuitive.

Yeah, I'll make jokes about things around me and friends wouldnt get what I'm saying at first and would look around them to see what I was referencing, and even then sometimes they wouldnt get it.

"...same way as an Intuitive"? Yeah it's kind of weird as that in my mind I really want to get out there just to explore the world and those around me. Yet trapped within this small town, and being trapped by my own lack of ambition as well is probably the biggest factor for me. Yet I want to get out there and experience the world for myself, yet I'm trapped within these confines of society to do as they please or I will be thrown into jail or starved to death in nature. It's really hard to grasp what is really going on when it is so hard to comprehend the emotions and thoughts that a lot of people have behind their actions.

Reactions: fffffffffffffigs

·
Registered
999 Posts
I admire their practicality. Like someone mentioned, they don't get caught up in all the intuitive crap. Not everything in life has to be a mental chess match where people are plotting your demise. Sensors get that. They don't get involved in all that stuff. They just keep plowing away, going about their daily productive lives, happy as larks most of the time - well, at least a lot of them seem happy.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
I admire their practicality. Like someone mentioned, they don't get caught up in all the intuitive crap. Not everything in life has to be a mental chess match where people are plotting your demise. Sensors get that. They don't get involved in all that stuff. They just keep plowing away, going about their daily productive lives, happy as larks most of the time - well, at least a lot of them seem happy.
Yeah, we're pretty good at playing checkers instead of chess. While you're thinking five moves ahead, we thinking how this current turn will be your downfall. To assume we're not in turn plotting your demise is a fatal error, for we are always contemplating the deaths of our foes. Yeah, our daily productive lives are a good distraction....like shootin larks in a barrel.

:p

they are good at yard work

good at liking animals

good at being interested in trains

good at making coffee

excellent at reading instruction manuals

i could go on, don't see why all the hate
All mexicans are not sensors, yeesh.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
One on my best friends is an ISFJ. We hit it off instantly because of a shared interest in psychology and certain books. She's very intelligent while being very engaging and having good social skills.
She was fun to have in class because she was always starting debates. She never let anyone get away with faulty logic. She's fierce.
She's very aesthetic. She wears the most interesting, unique, beautiful clothing when she feels like putting in the effort.
She's great at art. She's not very good at creating original pieces from the mind only, but her portraits look amazing.

My boyfriend is an ISTP. Thinking about the things I like about him...most of them are Ti related lol. But he's very physical, which is good ;)

My dad is an ISTJ. Without him, the rest of my family (supposedly INTP, INFP, and ENTJ) wouldn't get out of the house. He forces us out of our heads and into the world. He always encouraged my interests by taking me to museums, bringing me on trips, reading to me and getting me plenty of books, encouraging me to become a musician, etc. Whenever I want to do something, he encourages me to actually go out and do it. Also, he is an amazing cook!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
One on my best friends is an ISFJ. We hit it off instantly because of a shared interest in psychology and certain books. She's very intelligent while being very engaging and having good social skills.
She was fun to have in class because she was always starting debates. She never let anyone get away with faulty logic. She's fierce.
She's very aesthetic. She wears the most interesting, unique, beautiful clothing when she feels like putting in the effort.
She's great at art. She's not very good at creating original pieces from the mind only, but her portraits look amazing.

My boyfriend is an ISTP. Thinking about the things I like about him...most of them are Ti related lol. But he's very physical, which is good ;)

My dad is an ISTJ. Without him, the rest of my family (supposedly INTP, INFP, and ENTJ) wouldn't get out of the house. He forces us out of our heads and into the world. He always encouraged my interests by taking me to museums, bringing me on trips, reading to me and getting me plenty of books, encouraging me to become a musician, etc. Whenever I want to do something, he encourages me to actually go out and do it. Also, he is an amazing cook!
Si-Doms are natural artists because the nature of Si is that of subjective impressions of what is perceived, the feelings and moods and associations in us aroused by the perceived object.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts