Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that a number of INFP's talked about how annoying the Sensors they know can be, and so on.

I'm just curious, why and what are your experiences with them?

After research, I've found that my life is actually filled with Sensors. My parents are Sensors, I think I had a hard relationship with them at some point but it's all good now. Other people who I care about are also Sensors, but they didn't make my life difficult.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i have one Rl ISFP. she's cool and we are similarin so ways but in other was not at all.she hates philosophy and well a big difference is she blames other people for her problems instead of blaming ourselves like INFPs do. all my best long time friend have been Ns and i don't think it's so much i dislike Sensors as much as i like Intutitives. Sensors are like more grounded in the here and now and they aren't very idealistic

Reactions: dreamcatcher

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i have one Rl ISFP. she's cool and we are similarin so ways but in other was not at all.she hates philosophy and well a big difference is she blames other people for her problems instead of blaming ourselves like INFPs do. all my best long time friend have been Ns and i don't think it's so much i dislike Sensors as much as i like Intutitives. Sensors are like more grounded in the here and now and they aren't very idealistic
ah, thank you. explains why i cant have a deep convo with my boyfriend lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
My mother is an S and so is one of my best friends..
ISTP and ESFP..
I love them both..
They're actually the least annoying people I know..

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If I had to choose my least favorite...I would say Sensors. But that doesn't mean I don't care for them. I just find them harder to relate to and understand. My mom is an ISFJ and it's taken a long time for our relationship to get to where it is. But with a lot of work we finally have more of an understanding of each other than ever before. I find it just takes more work to make the relationship work. But that doesn't make it any less rewarding... The sensors in my life help balance me out, they have mad skillz...that I just do not possess.

·
Banned
4,187 Posts
For me, it depends on the individual.

One of my closest friends is an ISFP. She's very perceptive, understanding and respects my boundaries. On the other hand, I'd like to strangle the ESFP to death with my bare hands. His idea of 'banter' is along the lines of "You're fat and ugly -- ha ha ha!" To him, 'wisdom' is knowing how to crop (and probably photoshop) his face in pictures to hide his crow's feet and other 'unsightly' features.

The ESFJ I know is another story. She often plays the role of 'motivational speaker' -- without actually being insightful or motivational. Apparently, nothing else exists apart from her ethnocentric values and beliefs. Imagine a stepford wife who accuses other people of being stepford wives -- and tells them how to become more like 'individuals'...

·
Registered
101 Posts
PERFECT!
It's the fact that they blame others that ticks me off so much. Every sensor I know has blamed stuff on me that's not my fault at all, and I know its not my fault but it still makes me think into it way too much. They are also very materialistic from my experiences. Too much focus on the here and now... Just drives me insane. I'm getting mad talking about it. :/

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Think before you post anything else people. You know you are breaking forum rules. Sensors are not the cause of your problems.

EDIT: I have to add to this. I am very offended and a bit sickened by some of the posts in here. Damn, just damn....

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Rule 13. No Discriminatory Remarks
Discriminatory remarks are unacceptable. This includes racism, sexism, offensive remarks about (or against) religion* or gender identity, and homophobic remarks. I'd like to take this a step further and coin a new term called typism. We will not tolerate broad generalizations and/or individual attacks that are meant to degrade by type. Joking is acceptable but should a member take offense they should ask that line of joking to stop. If it does not cease at that point, corrective actions will be taken.

Definition typism (adj. n.): 1. A pejorative where a person is denied a service or opportunity based on their personality type.
2. A form of discrimination and an attempt to explain, validate and excuse their negative behavior.
3. Taking a personality type based on Meyers-Briggs Temperament Indicator and assigning negative stereotypes to a personality type with little to no verification.
4. Assigning stereotypes to a particular type with little to no verification

* - This refers specifically to insults or degradations against groups or specific members of any religion or non-believers (or those who do not subscribe to any label). This rule does not apply to the ideas of any religion or non-belief, and as such, debating those or even speaking against those ideas is fair game.
Try to post without making typist remarks plz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.