Personality Cafe banner

Seriously cant freaking type myself-Opinions please!

393 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Inure Penumbra 
#1 ·
Hello everyone-

I decided to make a type me thread because on other forums it has been consistently hard for people to type me. Im not sure why but perhaps some people here might shed some light. I guess Ill start out by what Im like I guess? lol

Alright, here goes:

Who I am (or...who I think I am): I think I have a pretty friendly disposition. I would say Im pretty laid back most of the time but I am very easily excitable and very very passionate. When I love something, I really LOVE it and talk about it constantly. For example I am currently majoring in a science field and its just blowing my mind every day. It makes me extremely happy to know that I am pursuing something that is so challenging and difficult. Most people would turn away from this but I am happy to continue...but take note, Im not saying I am super super good at it! But either way, even if I fail, Ill keep trying. So my point is, when I love something, and it keeps me going, I will pursue it to the death (within reasons). It keeps me having a reason to be here on this planet.

When I talk to people I talk a lot with my hands. I use a lot of gestures, metaphors and am very expressive. I always want to make sure people are understanding me completely. I love talking about things I know about, and listening to others who know things I dont know (did that make sense?) so I will talk a lot about what I like because I feel others will appreciate it as much as me, just as I will appreciate what they have to say. When people tell me things I find interesting, they have my complete and utmost attention. I talk very quickly when Im excited and laugh really loud and can speak too fast sometimes and be slightly overwhelming to quieter types of people, but I try and read them before hand to tone it down xD

I dont just enjoy talking about science or academic things, I love talking about relationships and dynamics, what makes people such and such way, while I am this and that way. I love making comparisons and wondering if the dots connect. I like it when things correlate, for some reason. Its kind of like a "oh THATS WHY" moment. I love that. I like when things make sense and are tangible.

When I first meet people: My first thought is whether or not I can bring them in to my "circle". Not because Im weary, but because I want to know if someone can be my "good" friend or a "fair weather" friend. That sort of categorization is important to me for some reason. I dont really care if someone is super interesting or not, but rather if they are polite, friendly, fair and just, know where they are in life, what they do, what their pursuits and passions are, etc. If they offer qualities that I can somehow learn from or absorb are the kind of things I like to see or think about with people. I tend to judge fairly quickly, and am most often wrong, and trust me, I am trying my best to be rid of this habit! I know its bad, I try to live more "zen" like so I can be more open to people without this sort of forefront judging function. I think its sort of engrained in me, but hey...work in progress :)

Things I dont like to do or talk about: I dont like talking about philosophy really unless said person is on the same page as me because I get annoyed easily. I think philosophy is heresay and subjective, so I dont really like to delve into debates of such topics very much. However, I love listening to others talk about it, but I myself cant get involved because Im kind of a hot head. I like things that are true and tangible. I like things that "make sense", so philosophy kind of makes me weary (although I LOVE to think about theories and make connections, I dont really wish to make it my main goal in life to talk about it). So my pet peeve would be talking to people about something that isnt going to happen or makes little sense, and anything less than that is what makes me sort of tick. I am dating an NFP type with Ne dominant and we have to negotiate on topics like this to avoid arguments xD I have an appreciate for things that are strange and unknown, but I believe that EVERYTHING has a reason or a fact or description behind it.

Things I have done in the past that I dont do now:
When I was younger I was constantly searching for a reason for everything to make sense to me still like today but since I had little to no guidance in how to do this, I obviously went for kind of weird and esoteric subjects like tarot cards and psychic type subjects like metaphysics and occult type research. For some reason I just need everything to make sense, and at the time it seemed like all of those types of subjects made sense and correlated. I would frequently think I could see something coming from a distance and then was able to interpret it through some sort of medium like tarot cards. For example "I feel weird about why x y and z is happening, but dont know why" *read tarot cards* "oh ok that MAKES SENSE" etc. Those of you who know tarot cards know its actually more about figuring yourself out rather than foreseeing future events, etc.

Things I like: I love having complete shifts of perception. Like really big shifts. For example, I would love to be able to just teleport somewhere else and live in a completely different way to appreciate what I have or maybe improve my own way of life? I like the idea of being able to change my life and fit it according to these perception changes because it helps and allows me to appreciate what Im doing. Also improvement can be done from seeing things from a different viewpoint, which I also very much enjoy!

I like owning as little material possessions as possible because I love the idea that I carry very little with me. My dream is every time I move apartments I would love to just fit EVERYTHING I own in ONE car, and thats it. I like the idea of carrying nothing with me at all times except my phone and cigarettes, as I find having a lot of possessions stifling.

I am very "busy" looking. I have pretty crazy colored hair and a lot of ink work. I dont get enjoyment out of people staring at me or looking "different", but I just like the fact that I can be physically expressive with how I look....and also I think its cool :)

On a side note, I love cats, the color pink, I love music and have played a variety of instruments and have been in a lot of bands. I love animals and I like having a very neat and tidy apartment (but my boyfriend is messy so its usually sub par on my standards LOL).

I also like eating cupcakes that are put in the freezer.

So WHAT TYPE AM I?

See less See more
#2 ·
You are an ENFJ.

Why?

ENFJ cognitive functions go as follows: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti (in descending order). You clearly have Ni. You seek to know the reasons behind things, you seem good at grasping big pictures and concepts, you talk about speaking in symbols and metaphors.

You're also clearly extraverted and a feeler. One good example of your Fe is that you're outwardly emotionally expressive with your hair and stress that you don't do it for individuality's sake (something an Fi user would do).

There's not much more to say.

Take a read at this: http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html

#3 ·
You are an ENFJ.

Why?

ENFJ cognitive functions go as follows: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti (in descending order). You clearly have Ni. You seek to know the reasons behind things, you seem good at grasping big pictures and concepts, you talk about speaking in symbols and metaphors.

You're also clearly extraverted and a feeler.

There's not much more to say.

Take a read at this: Portrait of an ENFJ
thats two ppl who say you're enfj now :D
(this thread was doubled posted)

#4 ·
yeah ill just move my comment over here:
oh so sorry i have a bad habit of calling everyone man/dude.

E cause you seem to enjoy being around people and objects.
Fe because you said you were expressive.
Ni because of the way you structured your response. it doesnt jump, it moves along one stream instead? (hopefully that makes sense)
J because enfps are really accepted of everyone (even into their "circle"). enfjs not to that extent.

yeah thats about all i got sorry. i hope you eventually find out your type :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.