Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,592 Posts
I like the phrase "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush," and I had that philosophy when someone would ask me out. It didn't happen too terribly often!

Then, perhaps I was aware of the idealism. Maybe I was expecting too much, and no actual human could have a relationship like that except in the movies. (Newsflash: Good relationships are way better than movie relationships. It's amazing!) So my bird-in-hand mentality and awareness of my idealism led me to believe that I could make any ho-hum average person work, and that I could make myself feel satisfied with the relationship because it was "normal." I found that I could not make myself feel satisfied, and I would start fights when I got bored so I could feel passion.

Now I don't have to have fights to have excitement and to find the motivation to stay together. I changed my goal from finding a "good person" to having fun, and it did the trick. I would have told myself back then to keep my standards high, but I wouldn't have learned so much otherwise.

·
Registered
468 Posts
as a serial dater, or a person who usually doesn't stay single/not be in some kind of physical relation for longer than 3 months, i can attest to this. altho, i will have to say, things have changed this year. i'm on a time crunch right now, so i don't have much time to explain, but definitely the immature INFP within me settled for less in dating people. Funy thing is, the whole time I didn't know i was in extreme like with my INFP best friend, who had never dated anyone. We were on the extreme ends--but it was apparent he was much more mature than me and knew what he wanted. I didn't what i wanted.

I guess at the end of the day, it comes down to maturation via introspection and just making the same mistakes perhaps one too many times, but eventually learning from them, and being candid to yourself about what it is exactly you want and not what you think you should want.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts