Personality Cafe banner

Ideally, how often would you like to have sex as an ISTJ?

• At least twice a day, or more!

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • At least once a day!

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Several times a week.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Once a week.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • It is a rarity.

Votes: 5 10.4%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what the average sex drive is like for an ISTJ just out of curiosity since sensing is our dominant function. Also with the emotional detachment from sex for an ISTJ and the need for tension release, would that cause higher sex drives in ISTJs?

I tend to have a higher than average sex drive and I've noticed ESTP and ESFP having high sex drives and was wondering if types made a difference. :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
maybe it's because of the Se ? You want to experience a lot an sex is exciting and nice = high sex drive ?

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
85 Posts
I DON'T KNOW.
/post
Okay, if I have one, probably once or twice a month >.>

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
"Ideally" is right; the present situation is... well, non-existant :tongue:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed it was worded "How often would you LIKE to have sex" - well done.
Yeah, I mean as introverts, we aren't the first type to go out an meet people and be in relationships all the time. So I figured wording it that way would be more accurate! :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've voted, but am too much of a prude to elaborate on details. ;p

Emotional detachment doesn't ring true to me, though.
It's not total detachment, but less than other types. It's more of a fun activity to do than an emotional connecting / intimate thing. TBH, cuddling has more emotional attachment for me. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
It's not total detachment, but less than other types. It's more of a fun activity to do than an emotional connecting / intimate thing. TBH, cuddling has more emotional attachment for me. Anyone else?
Weird. I am the complete opposite (or at least before I was married), I would never even consider sex with anyone I didn't have an emotional attachment to. I was under the impression that ISTJs were generally more conservative - my husband is my first as I waited until marriage.

As for my actual sex drive, it is low to moderate - not that I don't enjoy it, I just don't focus on it or let it rule my thoughts in any way. And it isn't just because I am an exhausted full-time working mom, I have never had a high sex drive *shrug*

·
Registered
947 Posts
In todays society that kinda makes sense, so I understand where someone might think that - sex is turning into a past time; cuddling on the other hand is usually reserved for more of an intimate interaction between two people, and often not practiced at all between those who just have a sexual connection and nothing more.

I have a unique few on both I might expound upon later. Maybe.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weird. I am the complete opposite (or at least before I was married), I would never even consider sex with anyone I didn't have an emotional attachment to. I was under the impression that ISTJs were generally more conservative - my husband is my first as I waited until marriage.

As for my actual sex drive, it is low to moderate - not that I don't enjoy it, I just don't focus on it or let it rule my thoughts in any way. And it isn't just because I am an exhausted full-time working mom, I have never had a high sex drive *shrug*
Yeah, I used to be traditional in that sense. I wanted to wait, but I couldn't control it anymore. Not only that, ISTJs are more traditional, but if they hear arguments or things that they agree with, they can change their beliefs. I just realized that it wasn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I don't go around sleeping with people I'm not in a relationship with for the most part, but waiting until marriage isn't really that big of a deal in my eyes anymore. I broke out of the traditional mold in a lot of senses from being around people who have more open minded ideals than I originally had. I think it has made me a better person / more knowledgeable / open minded.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yeah, I used to be traditional in that sense. I wanted to wait, but I couldn't control it anymore. Not only that, ISTJs are more traditional, but if they hear arguments or things that they agree with, they can change their beliefs. I just realized that it wasn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I don't go around sleeping with people I'm not in a relationship with for the most part, but waiting until marriage isn't really that big of a deal in my eyes anymore. I broke out of the traditional mold in a lot of senses from being around people who have more open minded ideals than I originally had. I think it has made me a better person / more knowledgeable / open minded.
I'm fairly secure with making my own decisions and not letting them be influenced too much by others. I am so ridiculously introspective that I look at all sides of an issue and reach my own conclusion before making a decision. For the record, I didn't officially wait until we were married, but we were engaged and I knew he was the one. I cannot say if I would have kept the same opinion on the subject had I not gotten married when I did, but it is a moot point. I am just not wired to be a "just sex" type of person :D I don't think that makes me better or worse than anyone else, it's just who I am and I've accepted that.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Eh um er >.> ........ XD

I said at least once a day but I would say at least twice a week for me

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm fairly secure with making my own decisions and not letting them be influenced too much by others. I am so ridiculously introspective that I look at all sides of an issue and reach my own conclusion before making a decision. For the record, I didn't officially wait until we were married, but we were engaged and I knew he was the one. I cannot say if I would have kept the same opinion on the subject had I not gotten married when I did, but it is a moot point. I am just not wired to be a "just sex" type of person :D I don't think that makes me better or worse than anyone else, it's just who I am and I've accepted that.

I worded that poorly. I don't think it makes people better / worse and I respect anyone who wishes or succeeds in waiting until marriage. I was in a serious relationship as well before I did anything. It didn't work out after 3 years, so now I'm at square one. I don't let many people influence my thinking. I do listen, and take away things that make sense, or carefully analyze what people I respect are saying. I just used to be so, "I'm always right. I have great logic, so what I say makes sense, it is the only way." Now, I realize there are more answers than just my own thought process, and many have their own merit. Someone has to prove its worth to me before I decide to adopt it though. It personally helped me grow into a better person.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I worded that poorly. I don't think it makes people better / worse and I respect anyone who wishes or succeeds in waiting until marriage. I was in a serious relationship as well before I did anything. It didn't work out after 3 years, so now I'm at square one. I don't let many people influence my thinking. I do listen, and take away things that make sense, or carefully analyze what people I respect are saying. I just used to be so, "I'm always right. I have great logic, so what I say makes sense, it is the only way." Now, I realize there are more answers than just my own thought process, and many have their own merit. Someone has to prove its worth to me before I decide to adopt it though. It personally helped me grow into a better person.
You explained that very well, and I understand where you are coming from - I am decisive in my own life, but pretty tolerant of other people's decisions. I know it is a personal matter and whatever works best for you is what is best :D

Nice to have you here on Per C by the way :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You explained that very well, and I understand where you are coming from - I am decisive in my own life, but pretty tolerant of other people's decisions. I know it is a personal matter and whatever works best for you is what is best :D

Nice to have you here on Per C by the way :)
Thanks for the welcome :)

It's very interesting seeing this ISTJ forum and seeing all the variation between ISTJs. Very very cool.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know I'm pretty much repeating myself, but I'm in my 20's, but it's something that's not what I want in my life right now. I'd be too worried about having children, which is something I definitely don't want. I couldn't give much of a response to this because of it, but ISTJ's aren't exactly the most sexual beings in the world at least in my eyes.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts