Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a few moments to think about what sex means to you (sexual intercourse that is).

…and…STOP.

Now go ahead and rate each of the 14 words below in terms of how important they are to your concept of sex, that is, what sex means to you. A rating of 1 means it's not important at all and a 9 means it's extremely important. Of course, you can also use any number between 1 and 9. Don't worry if some of the words seem a little strange. Just go with your gut instinct.

1. Loyalty
2. Power
3. Love
4. Domination
5. Trust
6. Ego
7. Closeness
8. Influence
9. Honesty
10. Leading
11. Respect
12. Manipulation
13. Happiness
14. Daring

Now add up your scores. You should get two scores. One will be for the odd numbered words and one will be for the even numbered words. Let's call your score for the odd numbered words Communal Sexuality and your score for the even words Agentic Sexuality. Post your scores!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I'm so confused.

I think I failed your test. :( and I'm usually so good at them!

Reactions: Lightlilly

·
Registered
INFP
95 Posts
Communal sexuality: 62
Agentic sexuality: 23

·
Registered
351 Posts
Communal: 59
Agentic: 27

·
Banned
27 Posts
Odd = 55
Even = 26

I found this explanation online:
"People who score high relative to other people in communal sexuality tend to view sex as an act that is mutually rewarding (i.e., both partners receive something positive from it) and relationship-enhancing. People who score high in agentic sexuality tend to view sex as personally rewarding and self-enhancing. To some degree, sex is more about "we" to people high in communal sexuality and more about "me" to people high in agentic sexuality."

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I find my scores of 16 and 10 to be rather amusing, after looking over other people's results. I barely relate any of those words to sex... the highest number I rated any of them was a 3, and that felt like stretching it a little. If I've ever had any doubts as to whether I was somewhere in the asexual realm of things, I guess I don't now. :p

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
1. Loyalty-9
2. Power-2
3. Love-9
4. Domination-3
5. Trust-9
6. Ego-1
7. Closeness-9
8. Influence-1
9. Honesty-9
10. Leading-2
11. Respect-9
12. Manipulation-1
13. Happiness-9
14. Daring-2

communal sexuality= 63
agentic sexuality= 12

·
Registered
121 Posts
Communal: 34
Agentic: 38

Why would you have a clearly negative traits in the even numbers such as "Manipulation" and "Ego"? The results of this test will mean almost nothing because if people answer the least inflammatory fashion they will all score in Communal.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
1. Loyalty 7
2. Power 1
3. Love 6
4. Domination 1
5. Trust 9
6. Ego 5
7. Closeness 9
8. Influence 4
9. Honesty 7
10. Leading 0
11. Respect 9
12. Manipulation 2
13. Happiness 8
14. Daring 4
Even: 16
Odd: 56

I guess that means communal then.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Odd(communal)-50
Even(agentic)-36

1. Loyalty-9
2. Power-8
3. Love-8
4. Domination-8
5. Trust-8
6. Ego-7
7. Closeness-9
8. Influence-1
9. Honesty-7
10. Leading-5
11. Respect-9
12. Manipulation-1
13. Happiness-9
14. Daring-6

·
Registered
637 Posts
9 - Loyalty
1 - Power
6 - Love
1 - Domination
6 - Trust
1 - Ego
6 - Closeness
1 - Influence
5 - Honesty
1 - Leading
9 - Respect
1 - Manipulation
7 - Happiness
1 - Daring

48 - Communal Sexuality
7 - Agentic Sexuality

I think I failed too. :(

I'm a little too high on one side, but all the even numbers didn't really matter to me even slightly. Maybe I should have put a littttle higher on the ego number now that I think about it. Sometimes I can be a bit proud of myself, but I try not to share this because it feels like bragging to me. Then again, I have never had sex for the purpose of satisfying my ego, it just happened to be a by-product of sex. Should I raise my ego score you think?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Communal: 34
Agentic: 38

Why would you have a clearly negative traits in the even numbers such as "Manipulation" and "Ego"? The results of this test will mean almost nothing because if people answer the least inflammatory fashion they will all score in Communal.
Not all people consider those traits to be negative. I personally do, but I wouldn't judge someone else if they didn't think the same as me. I probably wouldn't be in a relationship with someone like that, but conversely, a person like that probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with me either. Just a matter of misaligned values, I think.

·
Registered
133 Posts
5 - Loyalty
9 - Power
5 - Love
9 - Domination
7 - Trust
8 - Ego
5 - Closeness
1 - Influence
5 - Honesty