Personality Cafe banner

Do you like to have sex with the lights off?

• Yes

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 28 54.9%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate sex with the lights off. I'm a very visual person and I get stimulated heavily by seeing the beauty of a woman's body before me. How do you feel about sex with the lights off?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I can enjoy either or. Candle light is my favorite , best of both. I wouldn't turn on the lights specifically for that, although i can and do enjoy sex in the day. Under the stars or sun is all good by me.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can enjoy either or. Candle light is my favorite , best of both. I wouldn't turn on the lights specifically for that, although i can and do enjoy sex in the day. Under the stars or sun is all good by me.
Candle light is sexy. I just hate the room being pitch black.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends. I prefer dimmed lighting, so I can see my partner well enough and he can view me, too. Maybe if I had perfect body, I'd want lights galore, but I am far from having a perfect physique, so a bit of light-dimming goes a long way for me. And I should stop posting in this forum (tmi).
Which brings me to another point: I've noticed that many women that have body image issues like to dim the light when having sex.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's the whole not being able to see that makes it good, you are exploring your partners body, using a lot more touching and stroking and stuff.

But any way is good, sex is sex, light doesn't factor in for me

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I enjoy sex within the complete range from darkness to light. I could say I like it with light but there are great memories of the opposite, take per example just sleeping and suddenly feeling like it at 1AM, 3AM... never turned on the light and those were moments to remember :)

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
In my opinion, bright lights just aren't romantic. I am picky about my lighting scheme anyway. I don't like to do it in the dark, because sure, then I can't see him.. but then bright track-lighting is too much of an institutional atmosphere to feel in the mood. I like lamps, and candles. But I tend to prefer those all the time over bright lights anyway. Natural light is fine too.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Which brings me to another point: I've noticed that many women that have body image issues like to dim the light when having sex.
Probably because they see the photoshopped photos I spoke of earlier, all around them, all the time.. magazines, billboards. What real woman wouldn't feel a little imperfect. : (

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my opinion, bright lights just aren't romantic. I am picky about my lighting scheme anyway. I don't like to do it in the dark, because sure, then I can't see him.. but then bright track-lighting is too much of an institutional atmosphere to feel in the mood. I like lamps, and candles. But I tend to prefer those all the time over bright lights anyway. Natural light is fine too.
Well, yeah of course. I mean, you don't want to feel like you are getting probed by aliens or something. LOL

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably because they see the photoshopped photos I spoke of earlier, all around them, all the time.. magazines, billboards. What real woman wouldn't feel a little imperfect. : (
Somehow I knew you would say that. I found that giving women compliments on their body in the bedroom goes a long way. So many women are insecure about their bodies; it's ridiculous man. It seems as though telling a woman that you are happy with her body boosts a woman's chance of orgasm by a large margin, since sex is so much more mental for females.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I prefer some lighting, but dim. Enough to see everything but not be too harsh. I once slept with a guy who turned off all the lights and made his room totally pitch black dark. The first time I thought maybe it was just a one-time thing but then he did it everytime. We didn't fool around for too long but I thought it was kind of bizarre and wasn't really into it because it just made me think he was uncomfortable with his body.

I do like darkness sometimes - it can be a lot of fun not having the visual sense to play with so I guess I like to mix it up. But usually I want some kind of lighting.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Somehow I knew you would say that. I found that giving women compliments on their body in the bedroom goes a long way. So many women are insecure about their bodies; it's ridiculous man. It seems as though telling a woman that you are happy with her body boosts a woman's chance of orgasm by a large margin, since sex is so much more mental for females.
Well, I'd have to say that it sure felt good having a man genuinely compliment me and my body. It's a turn-on to know you're desirable and wanted and what you have turns someone on. I don't mean to put too much importance on the physical btw, but we're discussing body image/parts. Lastly, sex for me is very mental; a guy has to engage my mind before I'm willing to take the plunge into a romp. But that's just me.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I'd have to say that it sure felt good having a man genuinely compliment me and my body. It's a turn-on to know you're desirable and wanted and what you have turns someone on. I don't mean to put too much importance on the physical btw, but we're discussing body image/parts. Lastly, sex for me is very mental; a guy has to engage my mind before I'm willing to take the plunge into a romp. But that's just me.
Interesting.

QUESTION TO ALL THE GALS: Have you ever had a man insult you body in bed? And how did that make you feel? Did it ruin the sex for you? Were you not able to orgasm because of it?

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I just realized another reason it doesn't matter to me. I'm near sighted, lol. I couldn't see anything but a blurry form without my glasses on. So there you go, another reason it doesn't much matter to me. :eek:P
I have the opposite problem. I'm severely farsighted, so the second my glasses are off I get a headache from trying to focus on my partner. I either have sex in the dark or with my eyes closed because my eyes are too sensitive to wear contacts when I spend so much time reading and on the computer. Lights on + eyes open = me staring off in the distance like I'm possessed or something. Not good for anyone.

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Interesting.

QUESTION TO ALL THE GALS: Have you ever had a man insult you body in bed? And how did that make you feel? Did it ruin the sex for you? Were you not able to orgasm because of it?
Oh good gawd, I haven't (yet) had a man insult my body in bed. That would be so wrong if anyone ever did that to a woman or man, for the matter. If anyone insulted me in that manner, I'd leave without a flinch. FAIL.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
haha... something an INTP would be thinking and accidentally blurt out all so wrongly... "You have nice looking moles. that's interesting."

anyhoozers... so note to self to prep candle light for sex sessions? does candle lighting actually set the mood even more?

hmm... scented candles maybe?

oh wait! @Berdudget, you are summoned. Scented essential oil + candles.... what combination(s) is/are recommended?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts