Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Definitely Love without sex. I would feel like a robot and unloved and something like that would kill me mentally if not physically.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I don't know. I don't usually have sex with someone who I don't have feelings for and if I do i feel somewhat empty. BUT being in love and not have sex (assuming I have a very healthy sex drive) would not work for long. A relationship can't work, resentment forms and usually the other person will go get it somewhere else or it will end. Sure there might be some cases where this isn't true but....

I guess with that I will pick Sex without love.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Love Without Sex.

Sex without love is pointless, empty, and depressing afterward. Without love, I feel used and dirty, which is never good. I feel like I've cheated both myself and the other person.

I've had both of the options and wouldn't want to choose either. But sex without love is far more disparaging to all parties involved.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Obviously love without sex. My current relationship is non-sexual and quite fulfilling. Ideally, someday, if we decide to make our relationship a permanent marriage, we will have sex, but until then, love is enough. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
It is hard to tell. I don't know how much of the love I feel is not directly or indirectly related to sex.

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Love without sex.

It's impossible for me to become that vulnerable to someone without loving them.

Reactions: decided

·
15,420 Posts
Love without sex.

It's impossible for me to become that vulnerable to someone without loving them.
I agree. The whole point of sex is to express love, trust, openness and to be intentionally vulnerable with someone in order to allow the most intense possible flow of feelings. I would rather never have sex again than be forced to have loveless sex even one more time. It's traumatic and degrading.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I agree. The whole point of sex is to express love, trust, openness and to be intentionally vulnerable with someone in order to allow the most intense possible flow of feelings. I would rather never have sex again than be forced to have loveless sex even one more time. It's traumatic and degrading.
Posted via Mobile Device
On top of that, I'm just too insecure to be with someone I weren't in love with. I'm sometimes too insecure to be with the one I AM in love with. That's a whole other issue though. :blushed:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
I whole-heartedly agree. Someone actually just told me a few days ago:

[04:27] captainelkay: just like sex, like normal sex, but more than normal sex, sex with two people who are absolutely and irrevocably in love with each other and sex that isn't just because you 'want' or 'need' it but because you want to feel that closeness with the person you belong with, sex where it just happens with no words because you're so connected you don't need words to communicate

And to me that just sounds...well...perfect.

·
15,420 Posts
I can't imagine being less insecure with a stranger who doesn't love you than with a life-mate who does. Seems backwards to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Reactions: Harley
1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.