Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The term is thrown around quite a bit, but I've thought about it and I' not sure exactly what it means. I'm interested to see how others define it.

What does it mean to you? What makes your partner sexually incompatible or compatible? What is the litmus test for measuring it? Is it even important to you?

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
I think it just means that the way one approaches sex is compatible (either matches or complements) one's partners approach to sex.

Complementary: One likes to initiate, the other likes to be receptive.
Matches: Both are curious / like to explorer, but only about to the same degree, so neither is really disappointed.

There are physical issues too, I guess -- for example, a small girl with a well-endowed guy. If he can't get it the whole way in but he likes that, maybe sex won't physically be as satisfying. Or maybe she's big in stature and he's short, so she's not really satisfied with his physical ability to dominate, and he feels physically insecure, even if on other levels they connect well.

it's important to me, I'm just not sure how much... i mean, sexual union and exploration is a form of intimacy and I would like it to be as deep as possible -- just not sure what tradeoffs would have to be made. (For example, I find myself attracted to transguys personality-wise, but I'm not sure about whether I'd be happy with the current state of affairs with the nether-regions surgeries/treatments... is that enough to be a deal-breaker, if otherwise I was madly in love? I don't know.)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The term is thrown around quite a bit, but I've thought about it and I' not sure exactly what it means. I'm interested to see how others define it.

What does it mean to you? What makes your partner sexually incompatible or compatible? What is the litmus test for measuring it? Is it even important to you?
It's a smell. If they don't smell right, it's not going to happen. I don't mean like smells good vs bad; someone can have massive BO and still smell compatible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.