Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally I wander into the INTJ forum, just to look around (almost never post).

I ran across this article about sexual attraction between MBTI types:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2016/08/i-surveyed-each-myers-briggs-type-to-see-which-type-they-were-most-attracted-to-here-are-the-results/

Making them into Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary attractiveness (as in most attractive, next most attractive, etc). Giving a weight (3 points, 2 points, 1 point) we get the following as a "sexually attractive" scale for the MBTI types (at least, according to the referenced article):

According to that, it pays to be an ENFP (manic pixie dream girl type?) or an INTJ (very rare and nonconformist).

YMMV.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Alright, I'm going to be real with you.

Most people immediately label feminine, bubbly women who care about others as ENFPs. It's about as stupid as labeling every smart, genius loner as INTJs.

Unfortunately, feminine bubbly women are mostly comprised of heavy Fe users such as ENFJs and ESFJs. Just like how smart genius loners can comprise of many different types.

Men for the most part are sexually attracted to feminine women therefore they automatically think they're attracted to ENFPs.
They're not. They're actually attracted to the stereotypical ideal of what they think ENFPs are when in actuality, they're in for a cold reality when they realize what ENFPs are actually like.
They are actually attracted to ENFJs, ESFPs and ESFJs. Maaaaaaybe somewhere in there if we're lucky, probably an ENFP type 2.

My family did an observation today and they all agreed that my ENFJ mom is a thousand times more feminine and seductive than me. They all said I was abrupt and even 'scary' in my authenticity and 'seductive' or 'attractive' are definitely words they would never use much to my mom's inflated ego and my other chagrin and dismay. If the mbti world knew what ENFPs were actually like, our number of votes would be incredibly low no offense to my fellow sisters. Any votes we get are probably our own votes for ourselves a small number of devoted INFPs, INFJs and maybe INTJs. :p

Truly sexually and sensually attractive women in my experiences are xSTPs, xNFJs, ENTPs and ESFJs. We don't hold a candle to them and we're mostly annoying...To be frank lol.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
ENTJs were sexually af.

Reactions: Yardiff Bey

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Alassea - you seem in accord with my thoughts re the 3 confirmed ENFP females that I know/knew personally (confirmed as in, they had taken the MBTI test at a New Zealand university). I found none of the three particularly interesting in any manner (intellectually, emotionally, sexually).

I did look at several of the comments. I didn't completely discount them - however, I did think "hmmm". Like you state, that people are thinking "someone must be X type because they act like Y and I expect people who act like Y to be X..." So when it came to comments like: "MOST ENFP's I have come across have been narcissistic and annoying." <-- I thought "interesting anecdote, not necessarily applicable though".

In a way, this "study" (not even a half-assed blind study with controls and etc) seems to show a combination of biases in the respondents. Realistically, the ESTJ/ESFJ/ISTP/ESFP - not one got even a single #1-#2-#3 preference hit? Very odd. It seems as like some form of bias might be at work.

Note: I didn't think that it might be men responding to mental perceptions of ENFP women. You do make an interesting point there. I will think about it more.

I wonder if it's worth attempting a survey on here, or if the same/similar potential biases will be revealed and effectively make it pointless.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
@Alassea - you seem in accord with my thoughts re the 3 confirmed ENFP females that I know/knew personally (confirmed as in, they had taken the MBTI test at a New Zealand university). I found none of the three particularly interesting in any manner (intellectually, emotionally, sexually).

I did look at several of the comments. I didn't completely discount them - however, I did think "hmmm". Like you state, that people are thinking "someone must be X type because they act like Y and I expect people who act like Y to be X..." So when it came to comments like: "MOST ENFP's I have come across have been narcissistic and annoying." <-- I thought "interesting anecdote, not necessarily applicable though".

In a way, this "study" (not even a half-assed blind study with controls and etc) seems to show a combination of biases in the respondents. Realistically, the ESTJ/ESFJ/ISTP/ESFP - not one got even a single #1-#2-#3 preference hit? Very odd. It seems as like some form of bias might be at work.

Note: I didn't think that it might be men responding to mental perceptions of ENFP women. You do make an interesting point there. I will think about it more.

I wonder if it's worth attempting a survey on here, or if the same/similar potential biases will be revealed and effectively make it pointless.
Oh please. That's another problem.
Nothing is confirmed with those bullshit tests. They're about as broad and uncircumstantial as you can get. You have to pay attention to the functions they use as well as enneagram because one type can make them look like the other.
Look out for Ne (random, erratic, love to go from topic to topic, flakey, uncommitted, even charming) and Si (delayed reactions, no sense of timing, etc.)
They're easier to spot.

But yeah, feelings are mutual. I find ISTJS about as interesting as a salt desert.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Oh and you should definitely do a survey on here because it's a few more years from that survey.
I saw a few polls on here and typology central. There was even a "Most Attractive Type on a Female" poll.
INFJ is always leading cause of the heavy idealism.
ISTJs always whine on those polls on why ISTPs don't have more votes cause most seem to have some sort of xSTP fetish it's hilarious lol.
INFPs worship xNTJs for the most part
and ENFPs care about everyone else but themselves are the usual patterns lmao.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
ISTJs always whine on those polls on why ISTPs don't have more votes cause most seem to have some sort of xSTP fetish it's hilarious lol.
I don't have an xSTP fetish and I haven't noticed any ISTJs here that are attracted to xSTPs (except for one that's inactive). But I think xSTPs would be near the top if we did a real balanced survey.

Speaking of the article and data, it's bogus. Two extremes come up on top and not much of anything between comes afterwards. Funnily, ISTJ is the top sensor type.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
I don't have an xSTP fetish and I haven't noticed any ISTJs here that are attracted to xSTPs (except for one that's inactive). But I think xSTPs would be near the top if we did a real balanced survey.

Speaking of the article and data, it's bogus. Two extremes come up on top and not much of anything between comes afterwards. Funnily, ISTJ is the top sensor type.
No, most ISTJs I've met have a bias for extraverts sensors. I just found two more yesterday, ironically so I'm just speaking generally. Upon reading more, the author manipulated none of the data nor did she survey her friends and the people she surveyed were genuinely random.

But yeah like I said, you all feel free to do another survey on here and control the variables how you want. I'm genuinely curious about non-bogus results.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But yeah like I said, you all feel free to do another survey on here and control the variables how you want. I'm genuinely curious about non-bogus results.
I'm curious too.

However, it being "that time of year" - I'll hang fire until sometime in the new year, so that there's more chance of people being relaxed and available to do a survey.

I'll also have to figure out how I want to gather and analyze/display the resulting data.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
I'm curious too.

However, it being "that time of year" - I'll hang fire until sometime in the new year, so that there's more chance of people being relaxed and available to do a survey.

I'll also have to figure out how I want to gather and analyze/display the resulting data.
The first thing you do is organize it by genders.
"Which female type are you most attracted to..." And so on. There is a huge difference in types by genders alone and an even a bigger preference by a margin.

It can't be denied that most females prefer T types because of the connotations associated with T = manly, sad as it is.
Nowadays, men prefer T types in women too because T is often associated with 'sexy' or 'femme fatale' even if the whole thing is bogus lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts