Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Alright, I'll be the dick.

(Hyper Fixation / OCD-esque behavior)
INFJ> I wonder if I locked the door? Eh, I always lock it after I come in... but maybe I didn't this time. *Tries to replay in our mind what we did when we came in -- doesn't remember exactly though.* Grrr... I'm sure I did *tries to let mind drift to something else, but suddenly imagines burglar with black mask breaking in.* Damn it, I'll just go check... *checks and goes back upstairs after.* I wonder if I turned off the light...

Similar behavior happens in conversations too and the other person tends to get annoyed that they can't move along with their story or change topics.

(Special, snowflake, know-it-all, I have a super power, complex)
"My intuition tells me..."
"My gut tells me..."
"I have a feeling..."

We empower these traits as if we think we see the future or something. However, if we're wrong we try to bend the scenario to make us right, or minimize the absurdity of how wrong we are. Other times, it's just complete avoidance or denial.

(Control freak tendencies / soloist)
Group assignment with X other people. Will do our best to make it SEEM like it's a team environment, maybe even praising ideas from others or asking for them. However, at the end of the day...

INFJ> "Don't worry guys, I'll take care of it." *does everything*

----------

Haha, I wrote something about dating and over-analyzing, but I think it was too dickish.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
"Just trust me on this..."
"I'll be on time..."(bwahahahahaha)

(under breath) "I could have done it faster/better/correctly but noooo..."
"Of course I'll stay late and work on <insert project here> (while those with lives actually leave on time with a smile)
@Lad So true, the 'rewind in the head' thing, LOL!

EDTA: "Well, have you considered the other person's position?"
"There is always more than one side of a story, maybe more than two, and usually selected segments of each story actually form the truth."
"Context please?"

·
Registered
648 Posts
(In my head) "I wish he/she would just SHUT UP so I can go back to doing what I was doing! Oh gosh, I hope I don't have a bored, disinterested look on my face. That would be rude." (And while I'm thinking this I totally miss whatever they're saying.)

·
Registered
80 Posts

INFJ> I wonder if I locked the door? Eh, I always lock it after I come in... but maybe I didn't this time. *Tries to replay in our mind what we did when we came in -- doesn't remember exactly though.* Grrr... I'm sure I did *tries to let mind drift to something else, but suddenly imagines burglar with black mask breaking in.* Damn it, I'll just go check... *checks and goes back upstairs after.* I wonder if I turned off the light...

Similar behavior happens in conversations too and the other person tends to get annoyed that they can't move along with their story or change topics.

"My gut tells me..."
"I have a feeling..."

We empower these traits as if we think we see the future or something. However, if we're wrong we try to bend the scenario to make us right, or minimize the absurdity of how wrong we are. Other times, it's just complete avoidance or denial.

Group assignment with X other people. Will do our best to make it SEEM like it's a team environment, maybe even praising ideas from others or asking for them. However, at the end of the day...

----------

Haha, I wrote something about dating and over-analyzing, but I think it was too dickish.
Ooooohh, I really wanna know what you wrote for the dating and over-analyzing one now because all the other points you made are so true! Also, in realizing what in the world you just said to someone..."sometimes I say random things, just ignore me" and then try to pull it off like you have the weirdest or greatest sense of humor in the world.

·
Registered
43 Posts

"My gut tells me..."
"I have a feeling..."

----------

Pleeease post the dating/over-analyzing bit!! Loved the other stuff you posted.

Reactions: Shea and Lad

·
Registered
487 Posts
"........................................................................................................................"
alternatively
"......................................................OMIGAWD IT'S A CUTE DOGGIE!!!.................."

"*after getting directions* Okay, thank you sir! One quick question though... which direction is North?"

"If s/he would just listen to me for five seconds this would all be over with by now."

"*after someone says something insanely stupid* Do you hear yourself when you speak?"

"PFFT HAHAHAHAHA. Um, I'm sorry. I was just thinking of a joke I heard earlier and I didn't get it then but I do now and it's really funny but I probably wouldn't tell it right and I'm rambling so yeah."

"No. I'm just high on life, or gatorade, I forget which... Please just ignore me."

"You'll find that I have two speech modes: not speaking at all, or never shutting up."

"Hmm? I'm sorry, were you talking to me?"

"I like your new ca-akldfjaldkfjldkfjf meh... I can spell Lamborghini but I just screwed up the word 'car'. What the heck?"

"Why is it always $19.99, and then tax making it $21.79? Why can't we just have stores pay taxes on what they gross and charge the consumer an even $20?!"

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
"It was a joke in my head."
Yes! Also, for me:

"It made much more sense in my head"

and:

"It was a LOT funnier in my head."

Combination of INFJ and enneagram 6, if I'm not mistaken.

Also - I relate, except I'm less concerned when I'm in the house and more when I'm leaving (because my bird is in there alone).

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

"My gut tells me..."
"I have a feeling..."

----------

I agree with everything. I'm just different in the second one about the gut feelings. I rarely trust my gut feelings but I do get them. I'm not surprised if they're right or wrong, but I tend to analyze them anyway. I count them as random. The way I work with my feeling judgement is by asking people what they think about stuff. My gut feelings change in accordance with others' after the questioning.

My thoughts are sometimes considered as Sh*t by others:
Lately, I've been trying to keep my thoughts to myself. I haven't realized it, but I've been pretty open with my thoughts. They're sort of make me come off as a weirdo to other people, and I've been ok with that. I've always wanted friends to appreciate me for who I am, weird thoughts and all... My thoughts aren't Sh*t to me, but since a lot of people think that, I tend to think that as well, however hurtful it is. I have reserved some of my own decision to think that they're special. This is subjective though. Even on PerC I've been given this treatment. Someone said I was delusional, which is not true. Another said my thoughts were "distorted". Nowadays, I just don't talk about it. That's the Sh*t I don't talk about anymore, with everyone at least. It's still nice to find a lot of users think similarly and can talk about this without being rude. Sometimes I do talk about it, as others do understand, but I should be careful to disclose ideas with others.

ah and... "I'm not sure... maybe (a series of likely scenarios)" when asked a question by someone to what seems to everyone else to have an obvious answer. Everyone else goes:
:dry:

Sometimes other people hate it when I start with my "what if..."

I also do guilt trips.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
"I'm sorry, what did you say?" (especially when interrupted from deep thought)
Someone gives long directions to an INFJ...
"Whaaaaa?"-.-
That time when someone explained a lengthy bit to you and you can't rewind the situation because you were so deep in thought... you have to ask "I'm sorry, could you start from the top?" or if I was really oblivious to it "Were you talking to me? I'm sorry, I was thinking about something else.". The look on that someone's face tells me what I said was pretty deep sh*t.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts