Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have many instrumental songs that evoke idealistic settings in my mind that I listen to over and over again. They make me feel happy, peaceful, and imaginative. Many of the songs that I like are also fantasy based soundtracks. I will share some (maybe a lot lol), and others please share songs you love that get your imagination going and maybe cause you to daydream.

The first song I'll share is Fi's theme from Zelda Skyward Sword Soundtrack. I also think this as a song that I hope could be my own personal theme song in life. :hearts: Sometimes I choose theme songs for times I go through in life.

The songs don't have to be just instrumental.

Reactions: Lady of Clockwork

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will share several, even if I am the only one replying to my own post, lol :tongue:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So exotic and interesting

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:love_heart::love_heart:

·
Administrator
14,910 Posts
This one seems idealistic to me. It doesn't really make me feel creative or imaginative though. I just think it's kind of idyllic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In general, this series, Video Game Music for Studying is a good one

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,676 Posts
This piece is very romantic and fanciful, and it makes me a bit sad—but the good kind. And a living legend is performing it!
Can you hear the swan's feet paddling in the smooth lake?
Can you hear the swan's long white neck?

This one means a lot to me. Bernstein was going through some personal upheaval in 1976—see if you can see it being released as he plays. He does not play perfectly polished. There's human in it, and it's really special. Watch the rest of the musicians watching him!
I guess I really like works that have a theme that gets more and more manipulated as time progresses. And what a nice tune... Blue is my favorite color. And it's things like this that make me wish I stuck with piano lessons all those years ago.

Since I'm mentioning piano lessons and piano, here's another one I like! You may have heard an orchestral version, probably Ravel's arrangement. Mussorgsky's original was written as a piano piece, and it's a doozy!

Speaking of Ravel, here's Bolero. It was a big hit, and Ravel had no idea why!! He didn't think it was that special. I wrote a paper about why the people of the time liked it—it was because they needed it. I don't know if I should post my paper somewhere because I could be plagiarizing myself!
Some people are okay with this piece, and some people hate it! I like it. I don't hear a dance; I hear a machine. I wanted to share the video with Dudamel conducting it because he's quite relevant at this time—but Dudamel takes it too darn slow for me!!! The performers look languid in his video! This video here makes me giggle because Valerie conducts with a toothpick, and it's so tense, and I don't know what he's actually doing!! But it's the tense engagement of the musicians that portrays the meaning of the piece for me. Dudamel's machine is more self-assured and calm, but this on is just on the edge... Like people.
Go watch Dudamel's if you want to! He has a great hairdo and an encouraging demeanor! Watching him conduct reminds me of my favorite teacher/conductor. It was always a pleasure to make music with him. One of my favorite experiences.
(P.S. The trombone solo is the best part of any Bolero performance...)

Reactions: RedLaceAgate

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
This one is one of my favorites. It feels reflective and a bit sad.

I also stumbled across this one not too long ago. I haven't sat down to watch this anime yet, but I love this piece.

Last one for now. This piece is from a video game I recently played with my sister called Flower. The whole soundtrack is beautiful, but this is probably my favorite track of the game. The game itself is an experience for sure. The gameplay isn't the most challenging, but the story the game tells and the environments it thrusts you into really make it a beautiful, impactful one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts