Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this thread has been posted yet in the INFP Forum, but I'm curious if any of you have had some really expressive/outrageous/fantastical/[insert your own adjective here] dreams....and would enjoy sharing them!

Remember, these are dreams that you've had when you're asleep, whether it be at night or while taking a nap at any time during the day.

And, if you want, include your associations to the dream, i.e., did the dream remind you of anyone/anything. Or do you think the dream was prompted by something specific that happened to you or someone you know.

It's not imperative that you "analyze" the dream, but if you want to, that's fine, too.

I'll start:

A few years ago, I had a dream that I was composing an orchestral piece. That's right, an entire orchestral composition. If there was ever a moment when you wanted the ability to record a dream, that was it!

Yes, I am a musician. Have my Bachelor's in Piano (Performance) and post-grad in Music Ed. I took a Music Theory course my junior year in college where we had to write short pieces of music in varying styles. One of the pieces I wrote was enthusiastically graded with an "A" by my professor who added this comment, "Have you ever thought of studying music composition?"

Well, I still have that short composition, although I ended up pursuing a career in Information Technology (aja, "IT") to earn a living, of course :rolleyes:

Music, though, is and always will be a passion of mine.

So, let's hear from you all!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
This is just the dream that I had last night:
I and my father were secret agents and we had to fight a group of mad scientists who wanted to do dangerous experiments. Our base was near a train station and it looked like a mix between my bedroom's balcony and a bar. My father was explaining me what the scientists wanted to do and what was our plan. There was an incredibly good-looking guy who wanted to go out with me and my father was very suspicious. I was looking at the stars with that guy, so my father grabbed the railing and started doing acrobatic and dangerous moves. I was worried and I told him to stop, then the scene changed. There was a little and defensless girl that I had to protect from the scientists. I grabbed her and and started running, then a scientist approached us and asked her what she was doing there and the scene changed again. After walking in a city with three other secret agents, we entered a furniture-less room. The chief scientist reached us and we used our weapons for shooting at him with pink candies. He died in a pool of blood. Then the scene changed for the last time: I was in a meadow with Angel from X-Men 3 and he was explaining me what happened in detail, but I didn't listen to a single word because I was too busy thinking that he was too damn awesome.
And I woke up.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
had the best dream ever last night:
during a zombie attack our house was taken over by a group of frat boys who took our guns and tried to learn how to shoot from our windows while we (the women in my family and i) were all heald in the attic. of course the gun shots attracted more zombies which wound up surrounding the house and killing the frat boys. i went out the back door to escape and low and behold, cher was just sitting there in a mini van.
"holy shit, it's cher!"
"hop in honey, i'm fucking cher!"
she drove me to a gutted out apartment complex where my family was at, fast forward a year and there's a good amount of civilization mixed with a fair amount of zombies. the men in the complex had to work because for whatever reason even though civilization was scarce, we needed money. so daryl (from the walking dead) was working as a contractor but making little money, and he was all hard and mean cuz his mum died. out of no where i approached him with the idea of becoming a barber, after that we had a heart to heart and became great friends. he even bought me a rocking horse!
and then i woke up

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just started a Poetry class for fun, so yesterday I was trying to wrap my mind around how to write some good poems. Last night I had a dream about of all people, Jim Morrison, with his poetry on hand, going through the poetry with me. I've also been listening to The Doors a lot lately, so that'd explain that.

A creepier one I had awhile ago, I was in my home with my family, when Earth was knocked out of orbit and became a rouge planet, quickly escaping sight of the sun. It was quite terrifying, everything was cold and dark, and slowly we all froze before I woke.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have trouble remembering my dreams. Except like 3 weeks ago I decided to start writing them down, was easily remembering them when I had beer before I went to sleep..? Anyway these are those ones

-Played at arcade with a girl, fell asleep and shes gone when I wake up
-gangsta ninja guy running about. Another guy wanted to come into my house, for some reason I thought gangsta ninja guy might want to kill him. I said he could if he told me the truth (?) and he refused.
-bit by a dog in side of rib, wouldn't get off and could feel it, trying to get it off to stop hurting lol
-running around train station or something and sliding up and down path bumps (like when you slide on floor in socks)
-Was playing airsoft realistically, office layout, and I shot a guy in the dick (saw a movie before I went to sleep where he shot a guy in dick was funny)
-told to kill myself by a stripper/prostitute
-going somewhere with someone and we end up at a metal fence, we run out and security guard chases us

Had lots more but can't remember them and can't remember a lot of what happens in these, just what I wrote down.
A lot of old faces where showing up in my dreams.
Also for the dreamers: http://www.dreammoods.com/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really cool dreams, guys! Keep 'em comin'! @potato, I also have lots of dreams where people from my past show up (I'm assuming that's what you meant by "old faces" and not old-AGE faces!). Anyway, my 20s and 30s were pretty intense (living in NYC at the time), and hung around with LOTS of people. Many of them continue to reappear in my dreams, even now, 30 years later (yeah, I'm 57).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I love remembering my dreams.
This time I was attending an assembly of men in their 30s. We were discussing about something serious and then something strange happened, and one of them suddenly felt sick. The world was in danger and I had to save it by crawling between two long shelves. When I finished my mission, the chief of the assembly gave me a golden metal saying "you're the first woman on the earth who read Twilight in 378 seconds without distracting yourself or committing suicide! Congratulations!". The world was safe but the man I met before had died. He gave his son a second name that resembled mine and the president consecrated that day to me.

I have never ever dreamt of me doing something bad to someone... is it normal? XD

·
Premium Member
15,018 Posts
Here are some pretty cool threads on INFP dreams:

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/11241-infps-dreams-do-you-have-super-vivid-dreams-3.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/36677-dreams-nightmares.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/45828-dreams-nightmares-kind-you-have-when-asleep.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/97004-dreams-daydreams.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/15108-infps-dreams.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/104390-what-your-dreams-like-fantastical-sleeping-kind-mind-you.html

I'll copy and paste my answers from the other threads but one thing I want to add, no lie, I sure do have a lot of dreams about Tom Hanks!

Yeah, vivid dreams, colors, smells, cool environments (hover boats speeding over the ocean, non-logical landscapes, silly silly stuff that is soooooo not right, lol). I very, very rarely have nightmares -- I can't even remember the last one. I contribute that to the fact that I don't like watching horror movies or violence.

In December 2009 into January 2010, it was one dream after another with lots and lots and lots of activity. I have dreams that happen over and over (I call them the reruns), in my 20's it was the huge wave, tsunami dream, now it's I can't find my car in the parking lot, or I am waitressing and I have too many tables to service.

I have received answers to lost items in dreams. I have dreamt one thing then lived it the next day. I have "directed" my own dreams (lucid dreaming). Last night I had a dream about someone here, they were very comforting. IRL yesterday they had been VERY noble in sticking up for the INFPs during all the dramas. I shall not mention his name for fear of embarrassment! I think he's a he but I might not be right.

What else? Wow, so much has happened that's cool in my dreams, I can't remember it all -- oh yeah, I forgot.. I have spoken different languages in my dreams and also spoke in html symbols. Had the symbols floating right in front of me in the air.

My dreams are cool, but thank you very much, I prefer my waking life much better.
What kinds of dreams do you get during your sleep?
I think they are pretty cool dreams. Dreams, that when I wake up and explain to husband, we laugh. Mostly they are nonsensical.

Do you get a lot of nightmares?
No. I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare.

Realistic dreams?
Yes. I have a sense of smell in dreams. A sense of touch. Colors.

Or some really really weird stuff that belongs in an acid trip?
Yes.

What do you guys dream about?
Last night I dreamt I was at work and they were changing my job from what I do now to "Musical Director". I remember saying, very seriously in the dream, "but I can't even sing."
WATER.

I have dreams of streams, waves, oceans, cities underwater. Fish in water, transports above water, beaches, it goes on and on.

A couple nights ago I was in an elevator. I thought to myself - this elevator is going to get stuck. It did. LOL. I pressed the open door button and nothing happened. I pressed the call button and someone answered "I'm calling from a cell phone but ***we'll*** get you out" -- I mean, some of my dreams......... *shakes head in disbelief*

reflection.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gah! I'm jealous of you people with your fantastical dreams and mental adventures, in the past 5 years I've only remembered about 2 of the dreams I've had, and even those memories were incredibly brief and insubstantial. I also dream in 3rd person, not seeing through my own eyes, so I could never learn to lucid dream even if I could remember any of it.

The last one I can remember the first thing about was about a month ago, in which I was a horse. I was surrounded by other horses, the thought I was awesome because I had great teeth.

I don't know either.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i honestly don't remember my dream for this night.. i have trouble sleeping and im usually awake by 3 in the morning i would like to share though..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have very bizarre dreams, and with very few exceptions, tend to remember them. They're usually extremely epic, with lots of plot twists and dramatic turns, cameos of random celebrities or people from my past, and a lot of times turn into nightmares.

The one I had last night actually didn't quite fit into that mold. It was just weird. I woke up like, "The Hell?"

Basically, I was apparently in a relationship or something resembling one with WWE Superstar Chris Jericho. This is odd because I'm a lesbian. But I digress. Anyway, I was apparently being courted by or dating him, and he and I were sitting beside an Olympic swimming pool, watching a man with no legs swimming. My third grade teacher walked in, grabbed me by the arm, and pulled me away from him. I was confused, and was all, "What's the deal?" and whatnot. She was just like, "He doesn't love you. He never loved you and he never will. He just wants a girl that he can carve up and put diamonds in her skin."

The implication with this was that this wasn't a figure of speech. He apparently wanted to carve holes in my back and put diamonds in them. He got super-defensive and jumped up, and was like, "Of course I am in love with her! Do you know how fucking expensive diamonds are?! I'm broke now. I spent all of my money on these diamonds, and I was going to put them in her skin forever!"

I was trying to figure out in my dream if this procedure was more invasive than a tattoo, as I already have one of those. Of course in real life logic it definitely is. But in this dream, there was apparently some confusion for whatever reason. I decided that it would be okay, because he was dying (random development) and it would make him happy. I shoved my third grade teacher into the pool, handed him a scalpel (where I got the scalpel, I'll never know) then he motioned for the guy in the pool to come out and help him. Now the guy in the pool was no longer a legless man, but he was a dwarf without a face who'd taken the face off of a deer and sewn it onto where his face should have been.

I woke up before the "surgery" could take place.

I don't know if that one could even be analyzed. I may have had a fever.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have very bizarre dreams, and with very few exceptions, tend to remember them. They're usually extremely epic, with lots of plot twists and dramatic turns, cameos of random celebrities or people from my past, and a lot of times turn into nightmares.

The one I had last night actually didn't quite fit into that mold. It was just weird. I woke up like, "The Hell?"

Basically, I was apparently in a relationship or something resembling one with WWE Superstar Chris Jericho. This is odd because I'm a lesbian. But I digress. Anyway, I was apparently being courted by or dating him, and he and I were sitting beside an Olympic swimming pool, watching a man with no legs swimming. My third grade teacher walked in, grabbed me by the arm, and pulled me away from him. I was confused, and was all, "What's the deal?" and whatnot. She was just like, "He doesn't love you. He never loved you and he never will. He just wants a girl that he can carve up and put diamonds in her skin."

The implication with this was that this wasn't a figure of speech. He apparently wanted to carve holes in my back and put diamonds in them. He got super-defensive and jumped up, and was like, "Of course I am in love with her! Do you know how fucking expensive diamonds are?! I'm broke now. I spent all of my money on these diamonds, and I was going to put them in her skin forever!"

I was trying to figure out in my dream if this procedure was more invasive than a tattoo, as I already have one of those. Of course in real life logic it definitely is. But in this dream, there was apparently some confusion for whatever reason. I decided that it would be okay, because he was dying (random development) and it would make him happy. I shoved my third grade teacher into the pool, handed him a scalpel (where I got the scalpel, I'll never know) then he motioned for the guy in the pool to come out and help him. Now the guy in the pool was no longer a legless man, but he was a dwarf without a face who'd taken the face off of a deer and sewn it onto where his face should have been.

I woke up before the "surgery" could take place.

I don't know if that one could even be analyzed. I may have had a fever.
This is epic.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Again. This time, two dreams in a row! But I am too tired and I'll just summarize them.
1. I was Loki, I lived in the Castello Sforzesco, Vikings arrived and destroyed everything, Thor died, I escaped and hide in a phone booth, then they found me and I found myself in a red-brown river. Maybe I was the one who called them, so this may be the first time I actually do something bad to someone in my dreams xD
2. Something about mutants, Paris, a restaurants, my parents, Japanese people, ice cream and taxes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't remember most of my dreams, but this one is one of my favorites:

I'm climbing an immensely tall tower, so high that once I'm at the top, I'm amidst the clouds and hazy sunlight and I can barely see the ground. Only it's not exactly the top of the tower - there's fragments of the stairway I'm on disconnected from the main part of the tower and floating in the air above me, spiraling upward, with each successive fragment farther and farther apart from the previous. I discover an ability to levitate - I can make it to the first disconnected fragment, but it's really difficult. I try for the next one, and I'm finding it's becoming easier to levitate. So on for the next, and the next, until I can move effortlessly between the fragments of the staircase hanging in midair. That's when I woke up, and I felt so happy from the dream. I still like to incorporate this tower into my daydreams.

Now that I think about it, of the dreams I remember, a lot of them involve flying...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can remember my dreams pretty well, but they're always hazy. They usually involve running from something and an oppressive feeling of dread, but I always find those dreams exhilarating. Hiding from some malevolent force only to sprint away and out-smart it constantly. Good feeling.

Something else that I regularly dream about is having a loose tooth that won't come out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't really make note of most of my dreams, but one was interesting enough that I took out my laptop and wrote down what I remembered. It was a few months ago, so the note now diverges from my memory. But anyway, the 5:30am note goes like this:

"""
So there's this advanced submarine going around in the ocean. I can see its profile, so I'm obviously not in it at this point. And it's pretty cool and fast. And it appears that it has quite good shielding which protects against stuff, which increases its profile a bit (anime style!), but it's still damn fast. They put this on, and I ask why it's not always on - apparently the people in charge had it on when Republicans were in power, but they don't care so much now that the Democrats are. Pretty bad, I opined. So they put it on, and go travelling. I note at this point that it would be quite possible now to put habitable places on the ocean floor, but the problem is with dealing with the continuous high pressure. Anyway, we crash. Somehow I'm in it at this point, so we get out to help dig it out. So apparently we're digging it out of a snow drift. The driver/captain disappears off for a moment, to talk to people. He sounds resigned to the probability that he's in trouble. I'm somehow aware that we're looking for some kind of plug point on the wing(?). And I'm asked if I know DHCP (obviously to help get it started again?). My answer: "somewhat".
"""

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had another couple of dreams last night that I remember to some degree. I don't remember much of the first, but there was a huge house, and I was able to fly again.

I remember the second one pretty well. I was at the lake house my grandparents used to live in, and I went down to the dock. Only the dock didn't end like it did in real life - it stretched in a curving arc across the lake towards where the stream that feeds the lake ran into it. I followed this dock/path, and found a beautiful clearing not far beyond the shore at the far end of the path. In this clearing was a shining golden spring that served as the source of the stream. I didn't have my camera, so I had to run back across the dock/path to look for it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
This morning (I think?) I dreamt about some sort of Family Guy/American Dad/western crossover thing where Brian the dog was sitting behind a counter with Roger the alien.

He was having a conversation with Roger about a costume that Roger wanted to wear, and what kind of personality he should put on to go with it. Roger wanted a female personality, but Brian was trying to convince him to be a sassy guy named Paul. Then this other guy came along and Brian was all, "you agree that it works better as Paul, right?" and the guy was just standing there with them behind the counter, apparently not sure what to say.

The the er... camera angle? of the dream shifted and it turned out that Brian was an alien with tentacles that he was using to manipulate Roger and the other guy as puppets, and he was actually projecting his voice into both of them and having a conversation with himself. He was having some difficulty because he was trying to do two people instead of just Roger, and I guess he sort of snapped, because he started laughing crazily and saying "YOU GUYS AGREE WITH ME RIGHT!?!?" in this high-pitched, hysterical/nervous tone.

I told my boyfriend about this and he just gave me a look and said "that is a weird fucking dream."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts