Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I had a major inferior Fe episode when I received a rejection letter for a job from a place where I had previously worked at. I had the exact same job there a couple years ago but the position was cut due to budget constraints. My performance review there was excellent and my coworkers all had great things to say about me.

I called the head of the hiring committee demanding to know why and at one point even told her I felt insulted that I didn't get hired back. Needless to say, that comment alone probably put me on the DO NOT HIRE list should there be any future openings. But at the time I felt like it just HAD to be said. They couldn't even tell me why I didn't get hired back beyond the fact that other candidates had skill sets more in line with what they were looking for. I wanted them to be more specific with what skills they were and they refused to tell me because they were afraid I'd sue or something. I'm not the type of person who would ever do that, I just wanted to know.

After the call, I had a major crying fit, which only escalated because I was down on myself for losing emotional control and being so thin skinned. The thought of that just made me cry even more.

So INTPs, what are some examples of instances where you've had embarrasing or awkward Fe moments?

·
Registered
384 Posts
My Fe is so underdeveloped and crushed by my Ti that it is hardly ever present, and NEVER to other people unless thay are a close close friend. And even then I am not being emotional, I am telling them what emotions I am experiencing from a heavy Ti standpoint. However I have had some embarrassing moments due to my extreme lack of Fe. Like yesterday some world vision people came into my socials 11 class and they did this activity with us where we are put into families and given a situation that is supposed to be terribly hard to get through and I was just reasonable about it and said told them exactly what I'd do to get out of the situation and the lady told me I was a terrible heartless person and she got very upset.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like yesterday some world vision people came into my socials 11 class and they did this activity with us where we are put into families and given a situation that is supposed to be terribly hard to get through and I was just reasonable about it and said told them exactly what I'd do to get out of the situation and the lady told me I was a terrible heartless person and she got very upset.
This has happened to me before, obviously not the same situation but when someone who is extremely passionate about an emotional situation asks me about what I think, I tell them what I think is reasonable and logical. I'm not trying to be heartless, it's just the way I think.
I find these situations difficult to get out of, without hurting someone's feelings. :p

But, at the moment I don't have any embarrassing stories involving my Fe.
I'll have to think about it.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
My Fe is so underdeveloped and crushed by my Ti that it is hardly ever present, and NEVER to other people unless thay are a close close friend. And even then I am not being emotional, I am telling them what emotions I am experiencing from a heavy Ti standpoint. However I have had some embarrassing moments due to my extreme lack of Fe. Like yesterday some world vision people came into my socials 11 class and they did this activity with us where we are put into families and given a situation that is supposed to be terribly hard to get through and I was just reasonable about it and said told them exactly what I'd do to get out of the situation and the lady told me I was a terrible heartless person and she got very upset.
Not very kind or tactful of her to go off on you like that. Do you want a hug? [/Fe] :laughing:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't know why but I find this hilarious. I would have an embarrassing inferior Fe moment laughing in her face. :crazy:
That would be more like a poor T/N moment. My teacher can't get angry at me for being pragmatic, she can justifiably punish me for mocking and intentionally hurting the feelings of a class speaker. Better to stay neutral.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any time I have to console people over what is, ultimately, petty shit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got millions of these. Especially during my great depression.
Like you ask your friends why they hang around you, what you give them, and every reason they give you pick apart like it was a philosophical discussion. These episodes were quite common then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts