Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the style of "Harriet the Spy," take around a small notebook and a pen and write something about the interesting people that you meet. Then, share your observations and thoughts here!

I'll start in the next post...

Reactions: pajamiez

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am at the Fair with my family; we are eating corn dogs. There are four other adults at the other end of the table. One of them is an older, overweight man with gray hair, wearing a blue shirt. But it's not his appearance that is interesting, it's what he's eating...

He has an entire package of raw hotdogs which he is eating one by one on white bread. Occasionally, he bites into a whole raw onion. Is he going to eat that whole package of hot dogs? He has an apple, too; also what looks like a whole raw carrot through the plastic grocery sack. And a whole lot of potato chips. I am close enough to hear snippets of his conversation with the other adults at his end of the table. He just said something about preferring mustard (I infer, instead of other condiments) because it is low-calorie. I notice that he is dipping his hot dogs in mustard as he eats. He has ditched the bread. I leave the table to throw away some trash, I am occupied with my family for a while. When I look back, it is confirmed: he has eated the whole package of hot dogs...And all the potato chips, most of the onion, and half of the apple. I don't stick around long enough to see if he ever takes a bite of that carrot hidden in his sack...

Reactions: Goaty

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I loved that movie when I was a kid.

I can't really write everything I see, I'm constantly making metal notes.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I take mental notes.

People where I live try so hard to blend in and act cool it's idiotic.

Teachers are capable of flirting... (don't ask)

When people get into college it reverses, they want to act as unique and different as possible.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually just take mental notes, too. But I thought it might be fun to try writing some things down for a change...not all the time, just once in a while as I get an opportunity...Thought I'd challenge others to give it a try too if anyone's interested :D

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cool idea! I usually make mental notes also, but I'm up for the challenge of writing something down.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I often catch random hilarious conversations but I can't remember them all. I do remember this one though....

I'm standing at an outdoor concert with two guy friends and I'm completely sober while everyone around me is certainly not. Random late teen/early 20s guy comes up to my one friend who is like 6'4"... stops directly in front of him... looks at the ground... looks up to him and says "How tall are you?" in a tone that tells me "he's high".

It was one of those moments that had to be on camera for the full effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts