Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know firsthand how much of an INTP's time is spent thinking "Ooh! What if..." Answer: a lot. So, when you have nothing to do, and happen to be thinking about what would happen if it turned out that apes could cross-breed with humans (or something), what does your brain come up with? For the record, humans have more common DNA with apes than horses do with donkeys. Just saying. Anyway.
Here's one of mine:

What if the multiverse became so overwhelmed by the sheer multitude of alternate universes, that it just burst and everything became mixed up? Assuming that every time somebody makes a descision, an alternate universe is created where they made made the opposite descision, then that adds up to a lot of cumulative universes. So it's always possible that if the multiverse exceeds a certain capacity, then it will collapse into one, extremely chaotic universe.
Hey, it could happen. Maybe. Probably not. But wouldn't it be cool if it did?

Reactions: Lisa M Cara

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This isn't about the futility of the human race or some life changing medical invention or anything.

But my friend posted a facebook status update that was this, verbatim, then I reply, verbatim. . .
I wanted a coffee mug that changed color based on what was in it, and I was looking for something along those lines, until I realized I could just get a glass mug. (._. )
You can have a sensor that senses where the light (not visible spectrum light) hits it and holds a database of the rates of refraction of various liquids. Then you would do something else with something else and wires and LEDs or plasma screens or something. I still need to perfect my idea.
I kind of abandoned the idea after about 15 minutes, 'cause I do that to poor orphaned ideas a lot. But I still theorized.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have also thought of actually using Nuclear transmutation/synthesis, etc. to make Alchemy a reality.

Building an enormous glass cover around the Earth with solar cells which could convert almost all of the sunlight falling on Earth. Obviously, there will be room for Oxygen and stuff like that. The other source of energy would be from the very core of the Earth. All that energy could be used to split atoms, accelerate particles, and other such things to create different elements out of supposed worthless things.

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
I believe in the continuation of human evolution with the utilization of chips and mechanical pieces. Achieving immortality in a human/machine hybrid. Of course, if it actually does happen, I'll be dead by then... :(

Reactions: Epherion

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
What if the multiverse became so overwhelmed by the sheer multitude of alternate universes, that it just burst and everything became mixed up? Assuming that every time somebody makes a descision, an alternate universe is created where they made made the opposite descision, then that adds up to a lot of cumulative universes. So it's always possible that if the multiverse exceeds a certain capacity, then it will collapse into one, extremely chaotic universe.
But it already has... 'course it's not like any of us are aware of it or are we...

I'm leaning towards mage: the ascension for the explanation... I'll be backspacing more than I type if nobody understands the dynamics. Though I suppose I could distract on those inane theories of alternate realities rather than universes

-- really one decision creates another universe...

it would be more likely to overlap with an existing universe and at the most... create a separate time line

which still is more likely to re-connect and even merge at varying points... along the flow of the existing time line... well, that is, unless it significantly affects the universe or the individual in question; i.e. the individual is gunned down by a mob of peta protestors for choosing to having grilled chicken for lunch rather than a salad.

Still I suppose we'd have to jerk around the philosophical arguments about 'fate', play out the mathematical games for betting against the odds, the chicken or the egg (evolution, mutation, genetics), nature vs nurture, hello kitty vs hello cthulhu

but eh.. my what ifs generally exist in the form of localized domination or world domination on a good day...

·
Registered
766 Posts
That big bang and the universe we live in only are an equivalent to a tiny electrical signal in a earthly brain, and the time universe exists are an unmeasurable short time for the being it happens within.
That our universe are one of a million other universes that are needed for the beeings act of scratching his nose, and even if our universe wasn't created it would still have scratched it's nose due to the other million universes created within that moment. And before it's finger even have reached the nose - our universe is long gone.

@Ishan Jalan Isn't that what we today call "employed"?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Plugging in wires to the brain, and the part of the body where lymphocytes are produced which would be connected to a computer. In essence, update the body's immune system through digital data.

Like an anti-virus software for the human body.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Plugging in wires to the brain, and the part of the body where lymphocytes are produced which would be connected to a computer. In essence, update the body's immune system through digital data.

Like an anti-virus software for the human body.
a la Ray Kurzweil

nano-medicine

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
That light is really just an interstices memembrane of sorts between dimensions and the waves and points are just things thumping around on the other side but like the distortion of a stick in the water we can't find it because it is all off just enough to confuse us and we keep trying to use what we know to find it all because drowning would be bad.....we need to figure out how to turn light into a probe and send it into a black hole. That would be fun. Just random rambles.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I have this belief that our edge of the universe as it is said to be 'continually' expanding creating new space in our dimension, is actually eating away at another universe that is simultaneously collapsing just as we are expanding. It's like a shockwave effect.

Consider a big explosion of a city where things are 'structured and organized'. The explosion and its shockwave would take current space and convert it to new space with chaos, debris and all. Just... overwritten.

Our miniscule concept of 'time' as it is limited to what.... 500 years of 'well documented' science and progress, where only within the last 50 years we've hopped on the digital age.

This compared to millions of years of evolution is just mind boggling. But then, space travel to the edge of the universe is just as mind boggling in itself.

The observed physics is what currently happens in present day. So I'm just going to take this analogy, toss it into a grander scale and run with it.

*Big crunch theory* annnnnnnnnnnnd go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know firsthand how much of an INTP's time is spent thinking "Ooh! What if..." Answer: a lot. So, when you have nothing to do, and happen to be thinking about what would happen if it turned out that apes could cross-breed with humans (or something), what does your brain come up with? For the record, humans have more common DNA with apes than horses do with donkeys. Just saying. Anyway.
Here's one of mine:

Hey, it could happen. Maybe. Probably not. But wouldn't it be cool if it did?
I love how you think-may I friend You!

My current working theory of Life The Universe and Everything-I think it is 42, don't you?

The reason for dark matter-we could be on the Dark-side.

My spirit is bound for the next galactic bubble-I am hoping for saner.

Reality is just what you make it-I should be able to space travel.

Ascension sounds good-intend to do, just not quite yet, I'm not that bored.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There will be a period in the future where people would sell Time. Everyone will have Gold and Diamonds but they are so worthless. Imagine harnessed Time.

I had to get a friend to watch this movie and tell me the end because I couldn't make it past the first half. The concept was too disgusting for me to watch unfold. This movie literally made me angry and sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I believe in the continuation of human evolution with the utilization of chips and mechanical pieces. Achieving immortality in a human/machine hybrid. Of course, if it actually does happen, I'll be dead by then... :(
No you wont. Transhumanism is actively researched. With a financial bump we could see results within 30-50 years. Then the man-Cyborg wars happen. Thats when shit really happens. Have you played Quake?

If transhumanism does happen our collective knowledge will finally hit the Universal peak. The entire universe will be transformed into a machine. It will be flooded with nanites, Dyson Spheres. Then we interconnect it and bam! Universe computer, it will obviously run UNIX. At that stage its all a matter of transforming the very matter of the universe to our will. Then we can blast our way into the parallel universes to fight terrorism.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ray Kurzweil tends to think it will begin by 2045. I tend to agree with him on some parts. I also think AI will be so evolved by then that eventually that will be the next race of beings once humans are gone. How they extinguish us is what I've been pondering for a while.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts