Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just (on a desperate whim) did a google search of "conventionally good looking and lonely".

I usually don't find many gems (who does right? a gem is hard to find) in the search and end up disappointingly weeding through irrelevant results and dated forums.

Short back story: I had plans for Thanksgiving. They fell through. Now I'll probably be spending Thanksgiving alone. A lot has happened recently - so-called family, friends (no friends rn really, just acquaintances), work (unsafe work environments) - dealing with people and situations where you'd rather just do it alone and be alone.

Long story in short-form:
I'm black
A black man
Late 30's and divorced
A Christian (unconventional)
Suffered through religious trauma
Suffering w/ anxieties (general and social)
Conventionally good looking

I think that's everything, and the gist of the loneliness I experience.

I'm writing in the hopes of starting objective discussion (emphasis on objective) and wanting to connect with others who may have things that are not easy to talk about, but that they live with day-to-day...a blessing and a curse it seems...things that isolate them and cause loneliness.

I look forward to reading and connecting to your stories.

·
Registered
24,099 Posts
"Things that isolate them and cause loneliness."

I often yearn for a serious companionship, but nowadays when I view the way I live and the way I may be - socially vs. alone; or once in relationship: immediately my mind jumps to few scenarios on how things will just ultimately fail. I think one problem is 'standards' that I myself expect while don't live up to; and on another side relating to the above previous point, I attempt now to be upfront on the state of my standing in life - thoughts and/or otherwise - opposed to showing 'best' sides first and letting the ugly out after others are 'trapped'. Though I suppose, everybody got secrets they never share...

It's much simpler to manage the trajectory for oneself; 'simple desire(s).

Reactions: 2bBalanced

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing @BenevolentBitterBleeding.

When you said its much simpler to manage the trajectory for oneself, do you mean its easier for you rn to just deal with yourself opposed to someone you're in relationship with and the relationship in general?

·
Registered
24,099 Posts
I think that we can all be quite resilient, will adapt to whatever circumstances we find ourselves in - regardless of if it is to do so terribly... towards doom._.

Yes, in that there are never compromises in any 'realm' to be made. Your 'fate' is less messy - and arguably less enjoyable? (idk me mostly luv me quiets) - if it never needs to intertwine so severely with another... also maybe that when the ship is failing, it'd be that much harder if you had someone else - 'a love' - that needed saving too.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
I smell something in the air...*sniffs*... The scent is so strong...*sniff*... Is this a PITY PART THREAD??????!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Sorry, I saw the opportunity for a stupid cringy post and could not hold myself back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that we can all be quite resilient, will adapt to whatever circumstances we find ourselves in - regardless of if it is to do so terribly... towards doom._.

Yes, in that there are never compromises in any 'realm' to be made. Your 'fate' is less messy - and arguably less enjoyable? (idk me mostly luv me quiets) - if it never needs to intertwine so severely with another... also maybe that when the ship is failing, it'd be that much harder if you had someone else - 'a love' - that needed saving too.
Very true. It truly is a risk to be 'intimately' involved with another person, group of people, etc. I know it very well. I'm pretty burnt out rn in my life and am choosing to be very choosy in what/who I invest and expend my energy into. Being alone is not bad at all but we just have to know ourselves and when we're crossing that fine line into loneliness.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I smell something in the air...*sniffs*... The scent is so strong...*sniff*... Is this a PITY PART THREAD??????!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Sorry, I saw the opportunity for a stupid cringy post and could not hold myself back.
Ha!

Well since you're here you should wallow in it too. What's your story?

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Ha!

Well since you're here you should wallow in it too. What's your story?
There was once a pizza slice I became best friends with. His name was Lupetia, and he was magnificent! But one day I woke up to find him gone... Turns out my evil psychopathic seven year old brother ate him...

To this day I am still lonely without his company and traumatized by the incident that lead to his death...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was once a pizza slice I became best friends with. His name was Lupetia, and he was magnificent! But one day I woke up to find him gone... Turns out my evil psychopathic seven year old brother ate him...

To this day I am still lonely without his company and traumatized by the incident that lead to his death...
I should've known lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts