Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I don't think I have anything that might affect the way I answer the questions aside from the fact that a somewhat close INTJ in my life questioned me being an ENFP because I seem like an "ENTJ" to her. She made a neat case using the terminator films and herself. She likened herself to the T800 terminator (Arnold) and me to the liquid T1000 one that can shift forms. I just don't think I'm ENTJ because well I'm not alpha enough for it and it seems wrong but she brought functions into the mix saying something about me using Te a lot, a bit too much for a ENFP. I'm a guy, 18, and I'm pretty chill right now. I just came back from Diagon Alley at Universal and that ride was so awesome OMG I wanna come back now (sorry if I am off topic but wiahnfaxiefunoehiu.)

1. Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsbad/14795773815/in/explore-2014-07-31

Ha, it's a whale and it's majestic and just wonderful. The whale itself is hidden in the water, we can't see what it looks like but we can only imagine its visage and what expression it's making. The way the spout shot out the water back really catches my eye. The title reads "Just Breathe" which seems right since I recall that whales need air to breathe, I hope I'm not wrong on that. I'd check but I'm too lazy to. I find the grey muted colors somber for some reason but natural at the same time, it unsettles me to an extent but it also amuses me. I wish I was that whale right now because whales don't have to type impressions or type themselves hahaha.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts are "oh wow" and "why me?" Um I'd probably try to find out or google what's wrong with the car if I had data on my phone or something then possibly attempt a repair. I'd be calm and not too worried so long as I have good company with me. Oh I forgot to read that it's my fave band. Wow, scratch that. Probably panic a bit, imagine universes where I make it and I don't. Pray to like 123123 deities. Go through stages of grief then like pass out from doing so much in the span of 5 seconds and wake up fine. It's my favorite band so yeah. If it were a whatever band, I'd handle it rationally for sure I think.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

A party? Will the band be there? If so I'm so excited! I'm not a fan of big big parties with people but I'm up for it so long as I'm not exhausted from shouting the lyrics to my band's songs. Who knows maybe I'll meet someone there who'll catch my eye? Maybe I can get autographs and a selfie with the band? Or I could get into a bar scuffle which would be fun because I've never been in one but it sounds like a challenge. I'll go but if the party blows, I'll regret it big time.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I'd probably be upset about it on the inside for sure if it's something that important to me. Like there'd be a physical sting in me if it was that bad. I'd try my best to keep it in but like if it's something that important I usually get flustered and upset outwardly. Like I'd argue for sure and question the person on their beliefs, I don't want to force mine upon them but I need to know why they feel that way about it or how they logically justify the point of contention.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

This is a hefty question that I feel like I'll skimp out on but here it goes:

(I have to divide this into 3 because I view it beliefs, experiences, and habits differently)

Beliefs: if we're talking religion, I tend to ignore the clash, if we're talking about my core values and how I myself implement them then we're talking about either confrontation or me ignoring said person

Experiences: I'm open minded to a lot I'd say, so I find comfort in the unknown and the realm of escaping
stagnation

Habits: same as above I think

In general I can be hostile or defensive if it's that bad but for the most part I try my best to adapt and keep cool but sometimes hahaha no.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I feel really uncomfortable sharing my most important values but I guess if it's necessary I will relent this time:

- People and animals and all life has use and meaning
- Some of said people are lost and "useless" by choice
- Said people need help but some of them are unsalvageable
- People need to save themselves a lot of the time
- There's a song for every occasion
- We should really be more into improving ourselves than impressing people who don't matter
- In general, love is the most valuable currency though we counterfeit it all the time and devalue it
- People need to be more "real"
- People should stop using cliches to tell people what they should do or how they should be
- "You get what you get and you don't get upset" is utter bullshit
- Add a T to hugs and you get thugs
- Independence and autonomy of soul, mind, and being is what we all need

Ugh I probably sound like a star child anarchist hypocrite now, thnx internet.

I kinda determined them by myself by taking other people's ideas and molding them to the point they seemed more "me." I don't see much value in changing them completely but once I have more experience in life, I'm bound to reshape them and refine them. I'd say if they were to change all of a sudden, the trigger would have to be rather monumental (like someone close to me dying and it being partly my fault in my head or losing an arm to a boulder or something.)

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

This is where I have to say I don't really know. People say I'm really creative and outspoken and able to dream up things people wouldn't be able to see for themselves but I feel like I'm fooling everyone. I'd say being outspoken about what I believe in (besides being cheesy) is it. I actually complained about my school's lame laptops to the Superintendent using street terms and even took a selfie with him on stage with a silly face hahaha (that selfie part is irrelevant but I like saying it!) despite being viewed by the audience initially as a mousey cute nerdish dude. I can be an advocate when I want to and a shocker too.

b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

There's a missing r in "your" but answering the question I'd probably change how malleable I can be. I really have this weird thing where I sample other people a bit too well and it's taking a toll on me because I'm forgetting who I am exactly. I just want to be able to stake my claim at my identity again. I've been masking myself left and right to get my objectives done and befriend people I want to befriend but it's all fake and I don't want to deal with any fallout from my mimicking personality.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I think I work off hunches and gut feelings a lot now that I think about them. I usually follow them through and tend to find myself really happy when they end up being right (which is usually.) I get them on multiple choice tests a lot when I'm lost. I get them when I meet new people and am determining how far I want to go with people. I kinda see them like Jedi powers and reflexes or psychic powers. People think I'm calculated and organized because I act it but most of the time I'm really going off hunches and my gut.

9. a) What activities energize you most?

Being around people I deem worthy of my time and care, going to a theme park, going on a mountain hike occasionally, writing music or movie scripts, doing nothing, going to the mall, meditation, levitation, making an actual film, watching a great film, daydreaming, watching the clouds, consumption of any frozen treat

b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Writing this questionnaire out because no offense it's so hard to finish without taking a break or checking up on a side project or another writing piece.

Being around people who are close-minded, negative, or derivative for longer than I need to be. Seriously I hate unneeded social interactions with people I'd rather throw into a lava pit.

Waking up earlier than 9 in the morning because the world is so cold as is my room and the bed is so warm :kitteh:

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I wish I was a bit more expressive emotionally as a person. People say I'm rather monotonous and always coolish but honestly I'm just really private about being goofy with just anybody. I like to keep myself subdued on those fronts. I would also like to be less blunt with my thoughts and less apt to sharing my ideas with people. I either offend someone or someone steals my brilliance. I'd be so happy as an INTJ hahaha but alas I think I'm far too irrational for that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts