Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is not limited to lesbians only, I'm sure heterosexuals and gay males have similar experiences, but I'm speaking from a position that I know, not intentionally discriminating. <3
So, you know when you meet a girl, you think she likes you and you look into her eyes and you go absolutely gaga over her? Your mind starts to feel hot and hazy, your heart is pounding, your belly is full of butterflies, you're a little short of breath and weak in the knees.. and then, the topic somehow comes up and she mentions she's straight or has a boyfriend? That moment it all comes tumbling down like a bucket of semi-frozen water in your face, you suddenly feel very sober, maybe a little somber, and a little bit stupid for getting your hopes up?
I'm not the type to be attracted at first sight, there needs to be things about their personality I like. But, on some occasions, the very second a sweet and loving girl looks into my eyes, sometimes I get lost in their eyes and just.. -sigh<3- but I'm pretty good at keeping myself in check by now, making sure I don't get my hopes up most of the time, making sure I don't hit on straight girls, etc. lol I found the key for me is not to deny that I feel a certain way.. But to accept it, embrace the feeling, experience it fully, and let it be.
Also. Does this ever happen to you: when a straight girl is being flirty with you for really no reason? Not realizing how leading on and teasing can be damaging? x.x
I'm not so great at rejection or being let down. But, I do like closure. I like it when it all comes tumbling down and the game just ends or I'm rejected because at least it's not being dragged on for far too long.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Yeah, but I tend to not get my hopes up too much. Sometimes I just like to assume every woman is gay and she just doesn't know it yet. They don't always like that, though. So don't take that advice to heart :)

Butterflies are nice, but being into someone who is equally as into you is nicer.
Don't waste your time on someone who calls themselves straight or is with a boyfriend.
Maybe they are teasing you intentionally, but that is even more reason to walk away.

You can either make a move and get rejected, or walk away. Waiting on them might not ever get you anywhere or at least not where you wanna be.

Rejection sucks, but I suppose it is better to know for certain. That and if her flirting is messing with you, be upfront about it. Maybe she isn't aware of it.

Sigh, yeah. Women.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Yes,
for both gay boys and straight girls :/

it indeed sucks but since I probably wouldn't have made a move anyway meh haha.

·
QUEEN PEEN
Your mom put her personality type in my butt last night.
9,407 Posts
I try to bring up sexuality casually in a conversation if I'm interested in a person but am not sure. I've fallen for a gay man and a straight girl before. It's no fun D:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Damn, right as I was about to copyright my entire high school career, this happens.

Reactions: Smiling Aria

·
Registered
259 Posts
the topic somehow comes up and she mentions she's straight or has a boyfriend?
I feel for you ladies; and men in the same situation. I'm sure it sucks that the majority of the sex you're attracted to is somewhat off limits. Somewhat...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is completely off topic, but you know there's no way your functions go in that order, right?

(I would respond to the OP, but I am not a lesbian...)
How so? I'm open to being wrong and all, that's just the way the test ordered them :3 If you could point me to something that explains why this is, I would be grateful. ^_^
However, I just noticed, fira has similar, not same, just very similar order :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahhhh. Story of my life. ...well. Story of my life once I realized I liked girls. :p Hahaha. Also, it figures that I never used to get hit on by guys, and now that I've realized that I'm way more interested in girls than in guys, guys are actually somewhat interested. -_- What even.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ahhhh. Story of my life. ...well. Story of my life once I realized I liked girls. :p Hahaha. Also, it figures that I never used to get hit on by guys, and now that I've realized that I'm way more interested in girls than in guys, guys are actually somewhat interested. -_- What even.
I'm interested in you!

I just wanted to help you prove your point, so no one can say you don't have evidence for it.

Just let those bastards try and tell you you don't have evidence now!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have fallen for a guy who was 20 years older than me and even though I embraced the feeling I still did not pursue it or tell anybody about it because he was my uncle's best friend and it just would not feel right if i did anything about it. What got me to fall for him was his intelligence, his blunt honesty, his goofiness, and he had pretty hair. I still care about him in a way but only as a friend.

Another strange thing that happened to me was that I once fell for a child molester who also had the same age difference, and I thought it was fine at first because he was not acquainted with my mom or dad or anybody else in my family, but when I found out that he was a child molester I was creeped out and i stopped talking to him, but i admit there are times when i still think about him because i actually liked him as a person after I got to know him as a friend.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Ah, it was nearly a year ago that I met this girl at a bar. We had a mutual friend, and when we first met each other that night we both thought the other was a stuck-up, snobby bitch. A month later, we were hanging out on a regular basis. Can't say my feelings for her didn't develop rather strongly and quickly; in all honesty, she holds a special place in my heart, and probably always will. But that place must be dismissed in any sense of longing I have beyond a friendship. The reality of the person she is, the person I came to care for so deeply - the image of the person I wish she could be to fill this little void in my heart reserved especially for her. Bringing out the John Mayer; "half of my hearts got a real good imagination, half of my hearts got you."

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had a friend in high school I had a pretty big crush on and I knew she was straight and interested in older men. We would hold hands in the hall and sit in each other's laps before school even though some people called us lesbians, it didn't stop her. I just enjoyed it as is as a good friendship. Although we didn't stay in contact much when I went off to a different high school and college. :/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I've felt this twice in my life. Only I, uh, found out from facebook.
With one girl it's just that we didn't end up getting to know each other any more (she was a friend of a friend). She didn't come by my usual hangouts anymore and I didn't have the courage to ask her to hang out before.
The second girl remains a mystery with everything she does which is part of what makes her so attractive. I think it hurt worse to see her flirting with people and not know who she was into or seeing...but knowing it wasn't me :/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.