Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi INFPs!

I would like to do a short alternative health experiment. I'm trying to understand an unusual phenomenon.
Here are the specific steps:

1) Calculate your respiratory rate. If you have not done it before, here's how:

Count how many breaths (one inhalation + one exhalation) for 30 seconds while sitting and not engaged in activity. Note that (1) breath = (1) inhalation + (1) exhalation. Then multiply this number by (2) to get the number of breaths/minute. Try to breathe normally, so the breaths should be rather shallow.

2) Listen to this 4-minute SOUNDLESS audio using earphones or headphones. Here's the link: http://www.energyandhealing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Love-Healing-Energy-6.mp3

3) Calculate your respiratory rate for a second time.

4) Post your answers.

Thanks!
Sun18 :eek:)

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
1) 4

2) *listens*

3) 3

4) Not a big decrease, but I take deep breaths already so that would explain why. It was a very relaxing experience, similar to mindfulness exercises. I also felt a change in energy in my third eye chakra, I can't tell you (yet) if it was a change for better or worse, but there certainly was some activity.

Edit: Inhalation didn't slow down, exhalation was slower after listening.

·
INFP
7,090 Posts
1. 10.5

2. 13

Listening made me a bit anxious, some kind of anticipation, I don't like waiting silences, blanks etc. all that much, it makes my head start to try to fill it with stuff: "what's gonna happen, what's gonna happen? that little sound there, what can it be, did I hear an airoplane land? is someone breathing, what is that tapping sound, will they suddenly start talking loudly and make me jump?"

worth noting is that I already was a bit worried and have had too much koffein and slept badly.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1) 4

2) *listens*

3) 3

4) Not a big decrease, but I take deep breaths already so that would explain why. It was a very relaxing experience, similar to mindfulness exercises. I also felt a change in energy in my third eye chakra, I can't tell you (yet) if it was a change for better or worse, but there certainly was some activity.

Edit: Inhalation didn't slow down, exhalation was slower after listening.
Hi yippy,

Thanks for participating in my thread.

People usually breathe shallowly when they are not consciously trying to control their breathing. The respiratory rate that I'm trying to measure is the natural one performed automatically by your body. Can you please confirmed that you naturally breathe 4 times/minute, and that after listening to the audio, you now breathe 3 times/minute?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. 10.5

2. 13

Listening made me a bit anxious, some kind of anticipation, I don't like waiting silences, blanks etc. all that much, it makes my head start to try to fill it with stuff: "what's gonna happen, what's gonna happen? that little sound there, what can it be, did I hear an airoplane land? is someone breathing, what is that tapping sound, will they suddenly start talking loudly and make me jump?"

worth noting is that I already was a bit worried and have had too much koffein and slept badly.
Hi attic,

Maybe you can try again this experiment when you are relaxed and rested. My goal is to have accurate data from people. Also, rest assured that the audio is harmless.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Hi yippy,

People usually breathe shallowly when they are not consciously trying to control their breathing. The respiratory rate that I'm trying to measure is the natural one performed automatically by your body. Can you please confirmed that you naturally breathe 4 times/minute, and that after listening to the audio, you now breathe 3 times/minute?

>.> I made an error. Sorry. Forgot to multiply by 2. So it is 8 and 6 respectively.

Edit: And yes my natural breaths are quite deep. I wasn't trying to control my breathing.

Reactions: Sun18

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. 10.5

2. 13

Hi attic,

I just want to confirm your results. So you breathed 10.5 times/minute before listening to the audio. After listening to it, you breathed 13 times/minute?

·
INFP
7,090 Posts
hi,
yes, 10.5 before and 13 after, as I said, silences and blanks can have a somewhat worrying effect on me, which makes me breath faster. Perhaps especially when there are little unspecified things to try to figure out what it is, like the sound that could be an airoplane. I am most calm when there is sounds and visual stuff that I am familiar with, like music.

I think I breath a bit slower during days when I feel calm.

·
Registered
135 Posts
9 before
9 after

I really don't see what it did to me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
9 before
9 after

I really don't see what it did to me.
Hi ayitashia,

People react differently to this audio; I'm trying to understand this phenomenon. Based on your answers, you breathed 9 times/minute before and after listening to the audio?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi ayitashia,

People react differently to this audio; I'm trying to understand this phenomenon. Based on your answers, you breathed 9 times/minute before and after listening to the audio?

yeap! I tried to breath as ussual. I take slow and heavy breaths

Reactions: Sun18
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.