Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ENTPs!

I would like to do a short alternative health experiment. I'm trying to understand an unusual phenomenon.
Here are the specific steps:

1) Calculate your respiratory rate. If you have not done it before, here's how:

Count how many breaths (one inhalation + one exhalation) for 30 seconds while sitting and not engaged in activity. Note that (1) breath = (1) inhalation + (1) exhalation. Then multiply this number by (2) to get the number of breaths/minute. Try to breathe normally, so the breaths should be rather shallow.

2) Listen to this 4-minute SOUNDLESS audio using earphones or headphones. Here's the link: http://www.energyandhealing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Love-Healing-Energy-6.mp3

3) Calculate your respiratory rate for a second time.

4) Post your answers.

Thanks!
Sun18 :eek:)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Question:
Thats impossible. The moment anyone becomes aware of breathing, my respiratory speed changes.

Also there are mouth sounds on that "soundless" voice file.

Also, You are asking ENTPs to do an activity, and then listen to the voice file and then do it again. Leaving repetition to one side, every ENTP will first open that sound file on a tab, if they are interested even before investing 30 (or less) seconds to this :proud:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats impossible. The moment anyone becomes aware of breathing, my respiratory speed changes.

Also there are mouth sounds on that "soundless" voice file.

Also, You are asking ENTPs to do an activity, and then listen to the voice file and then do it again. Leaving repetition to one side, every ENTP will first open that sound file on a tab, if they are interested even before investing 30 (or less) seconds to this :proud:
Hi Tzara,

It's a 5-minute experiment. If some people find it too complicated, I don't know how to simplify it. To notice a change, one needs to have a baseline measurement. That's why the respiratory rate is measured twice - once before and once after being exposed to the stimulus.

I trust that at least some ENTPs will participate in this thread.

Sun18 :eek:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.