Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I last posted here.

I joined when I was going through a really dark time in my life, and this place felt like a new home to me. I was depressed for over a year. I'm happy to say I have come out of it. (as much as I can)

I also managed to turn what happened to me into something positive, thus, I directed a short documentary with the goal of raising awareness of the severity of depression.

I'd like to know all of your thoughts, as I feel the INFJ is one of the most susceptible to depression. We have huge hearts, but they hurt too easily.

I hope to make a feature length version, focussing on many other people in the future.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I think it's well made. Especially the first person POV on the hanging attempt - that was chilling.

There was a lot of camera shake going on. Is that representative of anything?

·
Registered
222 Posts
wow...very well done. It has a dark vibe. I think it expresses depression very well. I have had very bad depression so I can relate. I know what it is like to be incredibly different, when all I want so much is to connect to people.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I thought it was well done but scary for me to watch parts of it.
I'm happy to have you here, and to hear you turned a dark time into a positive thing that will help others in their struggle.
I think that's the whole basic point of our existence here...to learn to overcome darkness with light.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I rather liked it and I hope you manage a full length cut. It's a shameful problem a lot of people just sorta sweep under the carpet and they ignore it until it too late far too often.

That aside, it's good to hear from a perspective of someone pulling out of it. I've seen far too few of those stories and I think we'd benefit if there were more voicing out about beating it.

If you make a longer one, be sure to post it.

Reactions: Sladewalker

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone so much for your feedback. It really means a lot to me. I do intend to make a full length cut. As for the camera shake, it wasn't intended to symbolize anything. We only had a tripod for half the shoot.

Daithi, I am glad that this short documentary had that affect on you, and that you could relate to it. Raising awareness is one thing, but relating to it is another. Are you out of your depression?

I think that's the whole basic point of our existence here...to learn to overcome darkness with light.
I agree ruth2ten, thank you.

I've seen far too few of those stories and I think we'd benefit if there were more voicing out about beating it.
That's the goal, not only to raise awareness, but inspire others.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and opinions, and sharing your thoughts, also.

Much appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts