Personality Cafe banner

1- How helpful was this questionnaire? (1-5) 2- Does this deserve a Sticky? (6-8)

• ***** 5 Stars: Extremely helpful and informative

Votes: 83 38.2%
  • **** 4 Stars: Very helpful and informative

Votes: 70 32.3%
  • *** 3 Stars: Somewhat helpful and informative

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • ** 2 Stars: Not very helpful and informative

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • * 1 Star: Waste of time, misleading, confusing

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • I vote to Sticky this!

Votes: 57 26.3%
  • Don't Sticky this.

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 9 4.1%
201 - 220 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Maybe somebody should give me a link to some good descriptions since I'm starting to question the accuracy of the site I was looking at...

·
Registered
788 Posts
@Pyroscope Okay, I'll go through and add to my answers that you asked questions about (and in some cases completely rewrite them because I stated some stuff wrong).

Scenario 1:
I may not have been 100% honest. Before I found out what actually happened, I would've thought I'd done something terribly wrong (a few times I really have caused people to hate me by doing something terribly wrong and I had no idea what I did). It's actually pretty hard for me to tell how I would feel after finding out about what actually happened because I've never known anyone who died except for a boy who I didn't like because he manipulated me. Plus I've only ever been in a relationship once and it didn't last long. I would be terribly worried about him/her. I'd like to think I would be focusing on that, but honestly, I guess I would really focus on never being together again. But I'm not entirely certain because I've never been in a situation like that and I feel guilty about not focusing on what it must be like for him/her which is why I wasn't honest. :(

This is one of the downfalls I think, not everyone finds it easy to imagine how they would feel in this kind of intense hypothetical situation. Please don't feel guilty about it though! It doesn't make you selfish to not be trying to know exactly how he feels. It would be hard for you too. If you cared about him you might not want to presume you know exactly what he feels. It might feel insulting or unfair to assume you can know what it's like for him to be going through it. It might be too overwhelming or just simply something you don't know how to tap into because you've never been there. Selfish would only be if you didn't care about how hard it might be for him, NOT if you find it difficult to imagine how hard it is.

Reading this though, I do think it might be possible you're Fi rather than Fe though.

Scenario 3:
I was having a really hard time thinking of explanations so what I said may not have been completely accurate. After answering the next scenario I came up with better explanations but I didn't feel like going back and changing them. Really I guess the main reason I don't like working in a group is because I don't know what to do (as I stated in my answer to scenario 4). I guess I just can't come up with many ideas when working in a group and if the other people don't know what they're doing and I DO have ideas nobody listens to me (probably because I get kind of nervous about saying something when a group of people is talking and that makes me speak so quietly nobody hears me even though usually that isn't a problem). And I already said why I prefer a more narrow focus: I don't have to think about so many different things.

Scenario 4:
I ended up answering your question up there. ^

For both scenario 3 and 4 the main thing that comes across is low confidence, which makes it difficult to tell Ti vs Te. I think the main question to ask yourself is if your preference for a narrow focus is so you can come to a more detailed understanding of why something works the way it does, or if you're more interested in how to apply knowledge and streamline things. Are you more interested in understanding or efficiency, essentially?

Scenario 6:
I really have no idea what makes something enjoyable to me, but I'll try to explain what makes those three particular careers sound enjoyable to me. I'm really good at singing and I love music so I love to sing and that's why I'd like to be a singer. I already explained why acting is enjoyable. And being a counselor (assuming we're talking about therapists) would be enjoyable because I really want to help people with mental illnesses (especially children) get better. I know exactly what it's like to be mentally ell (I'm bipolar) and I don't want anyone to go through what I and many of the friends I've had have been through. Helping others with their problems is very enjoyable, and even if I end up with some job that doesn't directly involve helping other mentally ill people, I'll try to help them anyway.

I did have a suspicion that you might have a Feeling preference over Thinking, and this does seem quite Fi since it begins with your perspective. It's something I can relate to a lot.

Also, I read a little bit of a description of ESTP and of a description of ISTP and neither of those are me at all.
You could try checking out ESFP and ISFP descriptions? Generally though I think you'll struggle to relate to ESxP descriptions because they tend to describe confident extraverts, whereas you wouldn't be quite so gregarious. Honestly though, function descriptions of Se and Fi would be better for helping you figure out your type. I can't remember any good sources offhand though :/

The main thing I would say though is that Se-valuing types prefer more engaging environments (which could be fast-paced TV shows or games or other activities that otherwise keep you reacting in the moment, it doesn't HAVE to be the stereotype of 'extreme sports' or other risky activities) and if you have Fi with that then you'll be focused on doing things that have more personal value to you. It will be more important to you to feel connected with yourself and what you consider important than whether others think it has value (unlike an Fe type).

Does this help at all? Sorry I couldn't think of any specific examples :\

·
Registered
104 Posts
@Pyroscope HumanMetrics (which is not the site I don't trust now; I don't trust 16Personalities) said my personality type is ISFP so I've read about it, but only some parts sound like me. *reads the description of ESFP on HumanMetrics* HOLY CRAP THAT SOUNDS LIKE ME BEFORE I BECAME SEVERELY IN NINTH GRADE! (Even though I usually feel fine emotionally now, I haven't changed back.) I'm kind of having a hard time understanding the functional analysis thingy (even though I'm gifted), but the description certainly sounded like how I used to be. My entire perception of who I am has just changed. Fantastic. Looks like I have something to talk to my therapist about this week. Thank you for your assistance. Now I've gotta figure out if that's still me deep down inside or if my personality has truly changed... Fantastic...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Uh... Actually, if there is ANY accuracy in the descriptions on 16Personalities, I take it back! That's not who I was or who I am and that's not who I want to be!

·
Registered
788 Posts
@melody5697

Se:

Extraverted Sensing
Extraverted Sensing (Se)
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...s-original-extraverted-sensing-functions.html

Jung can be difficult to read since he's so abstract, but you might still get something from it :)

Fi:

Introverted Feeling - (Fe)
Introverted Feeling (Fi)
http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/70527-jung-introverted-feeling-type.html

Also, if you want to discuss this any more in detail through PMs, please feel free to :) Sometimes it's easier when you have real examples of how you've reacted or more straightforward situations you can imagine your reactions to.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

I would obviously feel distraught. I would be hurt and want to know why he didn't tell me about his diagnosis so I could be there for him. I'd be feeling this way because this is someone I've intended to build a life with, regardless of obstacles. Stage 4 cancer is still curable after all.

I honestly couldn't tell you what the primary focus of my feelings would be unless I was in the actual situation.

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

I would evaluate whether or not my roommate has a hidden agenda, is he/she the kind of person that will say they want one thing.. but really is he/she expecting me to give all the answers? I'd keep that in mind.

Regardless of what my roommate truly expects. I would make it clear by my attitude that I am just there to help and mentor. In fact, I would clearly just state - I'm going to help you find the answers but am not going to be providing you with actual answers.
Also, I'd be killing two birds with one stone by helping someone else as well as jogging my memory. Helping others helps me.

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

Project 1 for sure. My strong suit is my breadth of knowledge. I tend to make small errors in tasks that requires narrow focus and detailed work. Secondly, I thoroughly enjoy group work assuming all group members are competent.. that way, we could smooth sail through every stage of the project with collective logical thinking.
Project 2 would be a struggle for me to get through, when I struggle with a problem- I like to go to the next problem then come back to the initial problem with a new approach. This process can easily become very messy and frustrating for me.

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

I would be absorbing then analyzing the ideas. I would very quickly see pros and cons then verbalise them to the group. I would never shut down anyone's ideas, instead I might take a good idea and come up with solutions to improve it.

The major driving factor for me would be to come to a resolution. Or at the very least, take the information I have, examine it then come back with a resolution.

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

If I was feeling mentally and emotionally drained I might do a little blogging then I would definitely want to spend some time with a friend or two over dinner and a few glasses of wine, or go out and do something fun with my boyfriend.
I draw non-physical energy by interacting and/or venting to others haha.

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

1. Psychologist - listening to people and their issues wouldn't drain me. I would enjoy the variety of listening to different patients. This field would help me reach higher levels of understanding people.
2. Manager - It would allow the opportunity for me to delegate and follow my instinct to make quick decisions. I most likely wouldn't be stuck with all the crappy detailed tasks. And most importantly I wouldn't have people telling me what to do and how to do it in the most ineffective way possible, ugh.
3. Lawyer - Helping others, the diverse practice areas.. if I ever got bored I could break off into a sub specialty area. Being a Lawyer would be intellectually challenging for me and I would be learning a huge amount of transferable skills.

It was easy for me to come to these choices because I've already imagined myself working in all 3 of these careers.

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

The photo appealed to me because it's somewhere I'd imagine I'd want to go to relax or explore with friends. I enjoy the lighting, mood and colours.

·
Registered
104 Posts
@Pyroscope Actually this is gonna be a lot more complicated than I thought because of all the problems in my life that have affected my behavior. So I can't ask some stranger to help me with this unless you really want to. Sorry for wasting your time.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,200 Posts
SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.
- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?
I tend to rely heavily on people I am close to, so I would feel betrayed, and confused. At first I would take it personally, and might think that they have actually neglected me, then I would be suspicious that their is something I dont know.
- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
After discovering why I imagine anyone would have an awful feeling of mixed emotions. He is in the worst place in the situation so I would try to ignore my own feelings and focus on making them happy, maybe by taking their mind away from it. I would be worried how what he would make of the situation. I would seek advice from others, and talk to his family to find out if there is anything we could do, and comfort them If I can.

SCENARIO 2

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.
-Describe the flow of your decision making process.
Even if i wanted to I would struggle to turn them down. I would help them quickly, trying to be to the point so they understand.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
The way I see it is that they are struggling, and I dont think it is their fault because i have to consider that they are not good at understanding the subject. Problems like this is not usually due to laziness, there would be more to to it. Imagine how stressful that would be, being stuck at a dead end. There is nothing worse at school than this problem. I assume my grade will be affected, but I could probably still pass. I would hope that they are a good person who deserves help. Another reason is because I enjoy teaching and giving others an equal opportunity.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.
- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?
- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?
Project 2 (I wasn't thinking when I chose project 1 previously)- I think project 1 would require thinking about a lot of different topics and subjects at once. I am not driven by lots of subjects at once. When working I much prefer being alone, so I can focus. I am better at heading towards one goal, or working on one topic, so 2 will be more ideal for me. It sounds like the research I could gain would be more fascinating. Also, working with other people is uncomfortable and it would be as easy to get my own ideas into the project. there is more chance of conflict because of disagreements. However, the advantage of project 1 is that there will always be back up if I find myself at a dead end.

SCENARIO 4

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.
- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
I would sit back and absorb their ideas, and analyse what works in my own head at first. If I hear something and notice right away that it might not work I would say it. I think I would be the best at guessing what ideas will work when applied, imagining the possibility of what could happen and what affect it will have on other people. I will figure out what we are trying to gain, and what would be the most interesting idea for when we are doing the project.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.
- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?
Doing things like listening to music, watching tv, and reading because this will relax my mind. watching a film or tv show that has a clever story line is fun, I would spend time analyzing and working out the hidden meanings. I would immerse myself in an interesting topic. These activities take my mind away from what I have been thinking about all week. I would talk to someone else about a topic I find interesting, probably something though provoking or scientific but interesting.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor
medical doctor, musician, teacher
not really, although they were all appealing. Im 17, so at the moment I have been paying attention to what does and doesnt appeal to me.
- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
Doctor - I want to become an expert at a topic that I am interested in. It also has a sense of purpose, because i could make a difference by helping my community.
Musician - Love listening to and playing music. It has an ability to move people and affect their atmosphere. It is a good way to express emotion and ideas.
Teacher - I like the idea of helping other people achieve a goal. I want to give people an equal opportunity and help them understand a concept/fact. I can exercise my own knowledge of the subject, and come up with interesting thoughts.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?
Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.
The composition. It is quite unusual compared to the typical photographs, and has a complex and awkward lay out. It seems to be a cave, with light at the end. It is viewed from the darker shadowed area, which implies that if this was a persons perspective, they are in a dark place. The shadows make the shape more flat, more lifeless. The ground is completely black. At the end of the cave-like structure the light has a significant effect on the shape of the rocks. strangely it doesn't reflect the dead in the water, only the green trees. Maybe the lighter area signifies life? Perhaps if there was a meaning to this picture, it could be about a being trapped in a dark place, that makes life seem dull, but there is light ahead. The water either acts as a barrier that prevents them from getting there, or represents the journey of getting away, because it features different colours there is not familiar to the outer surroundings.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?
I studied the contrast and tried to create my own perception of what it could mean. I am not sure why, I suppose it has the most significance in terms of what the idea behind it is.
- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
Wasnt fond of the composition, however it is interesting how there is such a dark view (at the area closest to you).

Self-Typing

SCENARIO 1 - leaned towards Fe
SCENARIO 2 - Fi?
SCENARIO 3 - Ni, Inf Te? Introversion
SCENARIO 4 - Ni/Ti?
SCENARIO 5 - Introversion
SCENARIO 6 - aux F/T function (there are logical reasons as well as wanting to affect other people).
SCENARIO 7 -
Possibly F over T influence,
Ni over Ne (focused on one idea)
Se influence (a lot of sensory information)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did the thing first, looked at the key next. Most sums up to INTP, but the first two scenarios were misleading. It seems like I seriously have no Fe.

Imma put the test replies down there, if anyone is not too lazy, may you care to take a look?

Scenario 1 - The Cancer
How would I feel? Disappointed. This person made me think of a possible future and made my train of thought travel around the idea. the fact that it's all different means he's a liar and a coward. He should have told me and it would have been nice. I feel disappointed and angry.
The focus of my feelings would be my own expectations and the fact that I alone had to change the set of mind of the moment, based upon a nonexistent explanation about WHY do I have to change it in the first place. If you had just told me, dammit, it would have been a different story. You coward.

(Something similar just happened to me, that's why I can so accurately relate. Otherwise, I'd be stuck. I'm really awful at imagining feelings)

Fi

Scenario 2 - The Classmate Roommate
Yeah, sure. I enjoy explaining things and I don't give a flying cantaloupe if this affects your future or not, but you're recognizing I know more than you and that you need my help. If that does not inflate my ego, I don't know what does.
Of course I'd place my conditions. I only have this time free, this day. I need to do "so many other things"!
So you do as I say. And if they're proving they're not exactly smart and manage to make me bored, I probably fake a compromise with someone else.
But yeah, why not? C'mon, lemme teach you.

Fi

Scenario 3 - The Project
First one. I suck with responsibilities, so in a teamwork it would probably be done nicer, faster and more effectively than if I worked alone. I am not a deadlines person: I forget, seldom do I care enough.
The aspects that made me choose 1 over 2 also regarded the influence of the project, but were not mainly those.

Ti

Scenario 4 - The Meeting
I'd probably write the ideas down on paper and ask them to say more. I'd say my own. Then I'd choose the best one and explain them why it is, indeed, the best one. Then direct them and assign tasks.
What influences my behavior is that I'm lazy and I'm in a group. If I assign the tasks, it will seem as I have already done a lot.

Te...?

Scenario 5 - Energy
Hard one. That may go from reading a book to directing a roleplay session with my friends. I can recharge both from social activities when I'm not left behind, and lonely activities that involve active imagination and engaging with a story or problem.

I

Scenario 6 - Career
Oh, man, please, something that doesn't chain me to an office 24/7. A doctor in an emergency room or a lab, somewhere where I can move around. Not necessarily jump but move. Artist (I consider musicians artists, y'know), painting things, saying things, playing things, doing things, posting things. And teacher. I like teaching.
It wasn't difficult but I truly didn't read thoroughly.

Primary T

Scenario 7 - Image
The trees, puffy and bushy and green, and the clear water. I like the straight angle and the sense of echo and grandeur and tranquility. I'd like to be there. The trees are just the weird thing that shouldn't be growing there, but they give it a sense of freshness.
Love the photo. The colors and the sound.

Si
Ne

Ti Ne Si Fe = INTP

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey @Jinsei or anyone who cares to weigh in, I would love some input... thought I knew my type but am reassessing a bit.. interested to know what others think!

[/I]
SCENARIO 1

[/CENTER]

OK so my first thought after finding out is that I would probably be so overwhelmed that I would be completely numb and unable to process the emotions... I tend to shut down and start cleaning (truly) in times of intense grief. I would cry a lot. I also would be super super angry. I would feel betrayed that the person had not seen me fit to be part of their process of dying... I am a part of their life and I should get a chance to say goodbye. I shouldn't just be cut off. Probably after venting about this to people they might point out how the SO would be feeling and then I would see their side of it. I would still insist on being around them until the end though... I would be too devastated to just have to never see them again. Or if for some reason they insisted and insisted they didn't want me around I would... yeah, just be totally devastated. I would have to have extensive counselling to sort something like that out!

To be brutally honest, I'd probs be thinking about how much I was hurting. But I'm also not sure because nothing like this has ever happened to me. I would obviously feel empathy towards the dying person and their feelings as well, but I don't think that's what I'd be thinking about most of the time.

SCENARIO 2

I would help no question. They are not copying off of me - I am tutoring them. I would have done it before, why wouldn't I now?
Well it is a take-home, open book exam... they can use their book and there is nothing to stop them accessing tutoring online. Also they are not copying or plagiarising. In my opinion there is no ethical dilemma here.

I think maybe I just did that above? I don't know... I would think "This person needs help. I will help them."

SCENARIO 3

I think I would prefer to do the second one, if I felt confident that I had enough understanding/could get said understanding, to complete the project alone. If I was unconfident in the subject matter I would opt for group work.

The extensive nature of the first problem feels overwhelming. I like the idea of groupwork in some ways and not in others - less autonomy, but more sociability, more brains are also good for problem solving. I think I prefer to brainstorm as a group but make decisions and execute things alone.
I like the idea of streamlining something. Although it doesn't seem like an immediate impact, for me, that is an immediate impact, that something will be more streamlined. Like sometimes I will innovate in my job and be the only one using that idea for a while, but then a few years later someone will use my innovation and I take great gratification from seeing that it has popped up again and I started it. For me that is impact, but changing whole systems of operation is too overwhelming... I can't organise myself half the time!

SCENARIO 4

I would be affirming the good parts about people's ideas as they said them. I might have some other ideas that riff off the one someone else has said which I would contribute. If I got really excited about an idea I would want to explore it further and start developing it. I might even want to stop brainstorming and just start doing it.

I get excited about ideas, I'm good at inspiring people and starting things off. If I hear an idea that I think is really good I will want to get moving - I feel that once a good idea has been found it is time to start on it. Keep the energy and enthusiasm up maybe.

SCENARIO 5

For non-physical tiredness I would most likely go out into nature somewhere - go swimming, hiking, kayaking or just sit by the river. I might sit inside and read a book or watch movies. Last week I spent two whole days in a row cocooned on my couch on the internet and watching the IT crowd because I was so exhausted from working too hard for too long. I might also write or read or draw. I might also have some close friends round.

nature is a massive one. art is another. beauty. Beauty makes me feel better. Also TV :p
SCENARIO 6

presuming I had the aptitude for them, I would pick artist, scientist, and maybe counselor. Artist because self-expression and freedom to do what I want, pick my hours etc. Scientist, depending on the field of science, because I am very curious and I love the subject I studied which is linguistics, and I am super interested in animal communication and I would absolutely love to do experiments with chimps and birds and dolphins all day trying to communicate with them. Counselor because I do like helping people to discover the things they need to grow. I would have picked clergy because I am very spiritual but I think clergy would be more socially draining than counselor.

Definitely easy, it was actually hard for me to pick a third. There were hardly any on there I would want to do.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

Freedom, beauty, curiosity, truth. Being able to communicate these things to others - but in a way where I don't have to actually have control over large groups, like a teacher. I hate being in charge, but I like being able to communicate things I enjoy.

SCENARIO 7

View attachment 295170

The light on the rocks and their beautiful stripy pattern, which remind me of some of the places I have visited in my state. The water. I wondered what was around the bend.
They stood out I guess, those were the main things about the picture. I wanted to be there exploring around the corner, swimming, going from the shade to the light, finding out what was out of the frame.
- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
It strongly strongly appeals to me. It makes me feel so calm, relaxed and good because it is so beautiful and so big and majestic as well. It makes me want to be there experiencing it in person.

Edit: aaaand here's my self-analysis.

1 - feels more like Fe in a tert or aux position??
Possibly Fi ard to tell

2. Fi

3. Possible tert/inf Te influenced by Ni

4. Not sure seems like tert. or inf T, I would say it seems a bit more Te because of the outward vocality.

5. Introverted

6. Primary F, seems like a lot of S

7. seems like a F/Ni kind of influence, also Se is there, don't know about relative strength. maybe more Se.

Seems likely I might have got myself right here and I actually am ISFP.

Still a bit confused about first scenario with it seeming more like Fe. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
611 Posts
PS I'm really sorry about how confusing the replies are, I don't get code.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Did the thing first, looked at the key next. Most sums up to INTP, but the first two scenarios were misleading. It seems like I seriously have no Fe.

Imma put the test replies down there, if anyone is not too lazy, may you care to take a look?

Ti Ne Si Fe = INTP
[/INDENT]
Hey I kinda feel like you might be INTJ.

The pic replies felt more like Se/Ni to me. I thought you seemed more Te.

But I dunno I'm confused about my own type so maybe don't listen too close to me!

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,200 Posts
I wanted to look back at my responses but then I came across some questionnaires. I like the idea of using real life scenarios and reading others responses was interesting!

@sassafrassthelioness I agree with ISFP:) Definitely some good Se action with the influence of Ni. The first scenario seems more like Fi, you imagined your feelings well and more accurately than the SO in the scenario. I understand why you believe there is Fe also. Because Fi is the dominant function in ISFPs, you are more likely to use Fe also. Unlike the inferior Te function where using the opposite function (Ti) is going to the most draining of all, as your Te is less developed... I hope that makes sense

@Wae Your responses do seem more like Te. I was thinking I-TJ, more particularly ISTJ, which could explain the Ne/Si preference in your answers. The questions are good at identifying T/F/N functions so it could make sense that there is no obvious Si. I am completely not sure about Istj though, it's just that the overall responses seem more like Te:)Its up to you though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can someone help to type me? I'm confused by the code.

scenario 1
This sounds like the book The Fault in Our Stars and I hope it never happens to me. He must have not wanted to hurt my feelings or acted out of desperation when ignoring my calls. I would feel very overwhelmed, I will try to reach out to SO through their family and ask them constantly for updates. I will try to find out how he is feeling and ask if I can speak to him so I can find out what he really wants from me so that I can act accordingly. I will respect his wishes if he does not reply but I would really want him to know that he is not alone through this difficult period, and I won't abandon him.

scenario 2
Definitely help. I have been helped by various people throughout my lifetime which is why I became good in the subject, now it is my duty to help others as I once was helped. This will create a better, warmer and more caring world if the person understands and can help others in turn.

scenario 3
Task 2. Because it is more narrow in scope so I can focus specifically and get to the root of a problem and I do not have to work with teammates who could be lazy and/or less efficient.

Scenario 4
Tell them to write their ideas down into a list. I will come up with my own ideas but quietly by myself. Then I'll add them to the list. We'll look at the list and I'll make some recommendations so we can narrow them down. Then we vote on the best idea.

scenario 5
Sleep and Play the piano and read and draw. Because those are my hobbies and I really enjoy them. Like appreciating the beauty of the books I read or the art And music I make, it makes me feel really happy.

scenario 6
Scientist artist musician.
because I think it will be cool to be a Scientist and analyse concepts and enhance the understanding of mankind! Artist because I also would want to express my personal opinions on the science concepts that I have discovered, as well as creating works of sheer beauty. Musician because I love music. All of the above also have the added benefit of being solitary jobs so I won't be judged by other people on my odd habits.

scenario 7
The red sandstone rocks are beautifulLove the light and dark contrasts, and the green trees in the background which help to break up monotony. This rocks were probably weathered and eroded over thousands of years, and I really appreciate the grand scheme of nature in creating such a beautiful place. The water is so peaceful, and the trees are nice and green, they also enjoy themselves.
On the whole I love this picture.

Please type me! Thank you

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,200 Posts
@Fluffy kitten here was what I thought;

Scenario 1 - Fe (overwhelmed feelings and focus on assuming / finding out how the SO is feeling)
Scenario 2 - Not sure, Fe if I had to guess which.
Scenario 3 - Ti (or Ni)/Introversion?
Scenario 4 - Fe and Ne?(group working with idea generation?) Ti (piecing ideas internally, narrowing down ideas)
Scenario 5 - Introvert?
Scenario 6 - F/T is close I think (auxiliary/tertiary)
Scenario 7 - Sensing preference - perhaps Si - mention of colour contrasts and the feeling/vibe of atmosphere. Se types are more likely to mention being overwhelmed by all the details of the picture:)

Hard to tell to be honest but does ISFJ sound correct to you?
My second guess would be, in case I completely mistaken Fe for Fi/Te, and thought Ti instead of Ni, ISFP.

Anyone can add to this if you thought something different from me:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
@jennalee Thanks for your help:) I have tested as infj, infp and intj while doing the humanmetrics mbti test, but never considered sensing as an option. I'll look into cognitive functions and try to find out more though.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,200 Posts
@jennalee Thanks for your help:) I have tested as infj, infp and intj while doing the humanmetrics mbti test, but never considered sensing as an option. I'll look into cognitive functions and try to find out more though.
No problem:) Yes I think an intuitive type can be possible. The reason I thought of an S type was because of the last scenario with the landscape picture - a sensing type is good at noticing all the detail of the image and an intuitive type is likely to think of some kind of abstract hidden meaning in the picture, so that scenario was supposed to indicate the S/N preference I think (but some might not realize this so and perhaps thought to describe what they see instead).

-I got a similar mix of results on humanmetrics. MBTI tests online like 16personalities, 25quiz.com and the official MBTI test proven the most accurate for me, but studying the CF is better because anyone can be more sure of a type!

·
Registered
252 Posts
1- a.Sense of urgency, sorrow and empathy, because I'd assumed the worse (that they changed their minds, or decided they didn't love me after all) and also, I'd want to be there for them asap. Spend as much time with them, as there might be little left. I don't want to be left with regret.
b. Mine, I suppose.

2-a. No, because it goes against my ethics, I don't want to deceive the teacher. I wouldn't want them to rely on me all the time. I'm terrible at teaching.
b. Deception, possible reliance on me all the time, not skilled at teaching, poor patience.
c. It's a project done alone. I don't want to lie. There's nothing I can add that the teacher hasn't already said. I have short patience and am terrible at teaching, they could ask someone else. I don't want them to rely on me all the time.

3- Project 2, don't like groups. I prefer to think on my own... Big project is also daunting and too much commitment.

4- a. Assuming it's something I know well, I'd throw many ideas out, I wouldn't be in charge of organisation, I can also give new ideas based on what others have said.
b. I don't like organising ideas prefer to discuss them, not a leader, and ideas give birth to many other ideas. I prefer the creation of ideas over the organising/doing.

5- a. Play video games, pet cat, take a bath, think about many things, write in journal, draw, read because these things relax me, and I need time for myself to think about ideas, ethics and feelings, have an outlet for those things.
b. Being on my own or with very few close people (even then I sometimes need time completely alone), spending quiet time.

6- a. Artist, scientist, counsellor, they can all be used to express my ethics, artist is obvious, scientist to help with the environment and animals, counsellor to help people
b. Yes because I can see myself in many of those, a lot can be used in a way that is meaningful and expressive of my ideas and ethics.
c. Meaning, self-expression, helpfulness. most fulfilment in meaning, because it makes me happy to think that my life wasn't for nothing and to have no regrets.

7- a. A world within a world, many elements, magical feeling, lighting against the rocks, texture of the rocks, soft little waves reflecting colours.
b. Because of the initial feeling that the picture gave me, the sort of cozy other worldliness of trees within a cave with water flowing, it looked like a tiny world of its own where one could live as they want to. Noticing the elements were down to my pagan leanings, I could also imagine myself in a little house, or having a little camp fire outside and then have all 4 elements there. For the aesthetics, were just pleasing and eye popping, noticeable and made a beautiful pattern.
c. Very appealing because I could imagine myself there, as described above. It transported me to somewhere else, and I feel like I could be there, living any way I wanted to.

--------------------

I'm not sure what it all amounts to. Also, I had issues with a lot of these scenarios, hence why my answers are short. I felt like I had many questions rather than have an answer, so I had to assume things... Like, is that group people I know? Are they close friends or strangers? What is the project? Is it a subject I'm passionate about? I don't really like quizzes like these, there's too much I don't know and my answers would end up massive depending on what context each situation has.

Anyway, can someone can give their perspective of my answers?

·
Banned
790 Posts
SCENARIO 1

My Answer: I'd be pretty fucking upset; because I felt like this person wasted my time; however when I found out he has Cancer, I immediately wanted to go down there, with his favorite movies and his favorite food & just hold him all day long & tell him that whatever happens I would never forget about him. I would make those last few days/months/hours the time of his life.

SCENARIO 2

My Answer: This is somebody's education you are talking about, I don't give a flying fuck how I felt before. I wouldn't decide to be pity and practically screw up all the hardwork they put in, in order to get to where they are now. We're going to copy those answers so that way he/she will pass and be able to move forward & get their certification/degree.

SCENARIO 3

My Answer: To he honest, non of these projects listed are even something I'd find enjoyment doing, because I do not like office work at all; but If I had to pick I'd decide to work alone, because I tend to clash with other ideas. I almost always have a solid idea on how I believe the project should go, its well thought out & instead of ''meeting'' up with some ''team'' that won't have your ass in the end, I rather get the work done alone, be know for it and accept the praise alone knowing its well deserved.

SCENARIO 4

My Answer: I'd be personally offended they didn't come by and ask me what my idea was or come by and alarm me about the meeting. I'd take that as a hint and silently create my own little presentation; while still cooperating with them; however secretly having a backup plan for either us to use as a team or for me to use for myself when shit hits the fan.

SCENARIO 5

My Answer: I would be snoring my brains out. I love being alone and I get a personal high off of it. Hell, once I went to a concert myself.

SCENARIO 6

Musician, Actor & Artist. It wasn't a hard choice at all. I had always known what I've wanted.

SCENARIO 7

Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

My Answer: I was literally thinking I was in some kind of KISS concert, don't ask me how that image came to mine. I felt pure energy from that picture. I felt the togetherness of the people.

·
Banned
790 Posts
By the way can someone help me as well? I don't understand the code either.

201 - 220 of 521 Posts