Personality Cafe banner

1- How helpful was this questionnaire? (1-5) 2- Does this deserve a Sticky? (6-8)

• ***** 5 Stars: Extremely helpful and informative

Votes: 84 38.2%
  • **** 4 Stars: Very helpful and informative

Votes: 70 31.8%
  • *** 3 Stars: Somewhat helpful and informative

Votes: 38 17.3%
  • ** 2 Stars: Not very helpful and informative

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • * 1 Star: Waste of time, misleading, confusing

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • I vote to Sticky this!

Votes: 57 25.9%
  • Don't Sticky this.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 9 4.1%
481 - 500 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Self type

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I'd clearly be very concerned and immediately investigate. I would want to find a way to talk to my SO as soon as I could. It wouldn't matter if I had a job or test in college because this is the life of someone I love. I'm competent and confident enough to achieve my goals in life regardless of the outcome, but I'd imagine with a good talk with my professor or my employer accommodations would be easily made. Although I can imagine that they would feel like a burden/that I deserved better, I want to hear it from them. And regardless of what they say, I will comfort them and be by their side until they die. We would cherish our memories from the past and make the best out of the limited time they had left.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
I wouldn't waste time feeling sorry for myself. The focus is entirely on supporting my SO and showing them happiness and love. After all, love may be transient but it is important to me nonetheless. If they don't feel worthy, I'll make them feel worthy. End of story.

SCENARIO 2

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I'd be a bit irritated, but glad to help. The rule about working alone is moronic considering it only gets in the way of students growing so I'd just completely ignore that. I'd make sure to make sure I'm prepared first, but I see it as an opportunity to make a loyal friend as well.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

I've been through struggles myself before. Life is about growth, and we can learn plenty from other people. I'm just passing that gift on. I wouldn't have made it as far as I had without the support of many people, be they distant acquaintances or dear friends.

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.
It's a pretty simple decision really. With little cost to myself I'm helping another human being like myself. Plus earning the loyalty and trust of others is a very valuable asset. Kindness pays if you know where to look.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

The first project appeals to me more because I learn much more quickly from others than I do from a text book. I can always do independent research to verify the merit of their arguments but the exchange of information is highly valuable to me given my coworkers are competent. It would of course, require a great amount of coordination between members and plenty of discussion.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

The biggest factor was the fact that it was a group project. It has the potential to increase the competency of more employees as well as strengthen solidarity among the group. I'll be sure to lead discussion if possible and make sure there is plenty of individual contributions. Civilization is built upon the multiple contributions of one of the many. When strengths and weaknesses are calibrated correctly and communication is good, long lasting improvement can be made.

SCENARIO 4

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
I sit back quietly, listening intently and asking clarifying questions from all of the members before I decide on my idea. I try to synthesize the best of each of the merits of their proposals. I go over it with the team, we discuss and throw more ideas out, then repeat until we have the best idea we can think of at the time.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.
While I definitely have my own ideas to toss out, when there are competent team members alongside me I find their consultation to be highly valuable. I base it off of merit of course.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?
I would probably sleep in and relax listening to music or reading until night. Then I'd probably go out with friends for a few drinks at a karaoke night.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

(Non physical, dualism lmao) But seriously, it's kind of a push pull. On one hand I can't stand to be cooped up all day by myself for more than a few days at a time, usually going out on my own into crowded city areas or in nature to take photos. On the other hand, once I hit a certain point I need a day or two to recharge by just sitting inside and laying around all day if that's possible.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

Medical doctor (Both technical and humanistic), teacher (Both technical and humanistic again), Musician (Oh surprise, both technical and humanistic) But seriously, I want to be doing something that requires a high level of skill but also helps people. Be it helping them with illness, educating them, or even writing songs that help them process their lives.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?
It's not a final decision. So I'd say it was easy. I've already had these careers in mind already so it's not surprising.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
I need a combination of difficulty, understanding, and the ability to help affect people in a positive way. For example, I've always admired doctors because of their dedication and the risk in massive debt and competition involved. A good doctor is courageous and hard working, cunning while never sacrificing their humanity.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture
It's a dark cave covered with an atmospheric contrast between shadow and light. A beautiful chiaroscuro. The bright green plants serve as yet another contrast to the seemingly chiseled canyon and the purple blue water makes me feel like I'm in some fever dream.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?
It has a certain atmosphere to it. The colors, the differences in lighting, they capture a moment in time. The image feels beyond time itself, just sitting there silently and beautifully. It all comes together to invoke a strong calming and surreal feeling that I can't quite name.

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
It affected me pretty strongly. I'd like to visit such a place. To just quietly meditate and explore it. Seems like a surreal and distance adventure to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have taken a few tests before when I found out about the MBTI a year ago while in clinical depression in the workforce and again a few times while "mostly" normal now that I am in Graduate school. I don't want to post the types I have gotten to avoid any judgement bias, I hope that doesn't offend or bother anyone. I will private message them though, I just want to see everyones analysis to understand the cognitive functions more.

The test I am taking is "short-effective-scenario-questionnaire-2-0" by @Jinsei:
SCENARIO 1

Focusing on Feeling:

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I would feel extremely hurt, abandoned, confused, contemplative trying to figure out "why?", because of the sudden and abrupt ending after talking about the future and planning a happy future with her, especially without any return phone calls or texts, no explanation, just being ghosted like that, ouch. Upon finding out from her family the situation, my emotional shift would move completely towards her and her family. I would worry for her, her family, her friends, I would want to be there for her

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

The primary focus would be my feelings for her as I would most likely understand why she did what she did, even if I didn't understand I would accept it for what it is, forgive her, and no matter what still be there for her no matter what she said, unless my presence hurt her more, which if that were the case I'd have an amalgam of strong emotions)

SCENARIO 2

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

I would tell my roomate that I can help them. I would tell them to go figure out what concepts they are having trouble with in the BOOK[ and explain those concepts to them. This wouldn't be breaking the rules as I am not helping them directly solve a problem on the test. And honestly it's hard to say no to a person in need unless they are a complete scumbag (and even then it's still hard, but I have gotten better at it). If I was in there shoes I'd want someone to (hopefully do the same for me).

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
They are struggling so I want to help. This is based on the amount of effort my roommate has put in, I'd help less based on amount of effort I saw them put in. Sometimes things are hard to grasp unless explained properly or clarified as an academic myself. Somethings are easier to understand for certain people and harder for others.

1. How can I help without breaking the rules?
2. How much effort has said person given?
3. Based on the work ethic of said individual I have noticed throughout the semester would determine the amount that I help.
4. Honestly I would think all of those things then ultimately help the person and might even bend the rules a bit (dropping hints). As long as it doesn't hurt anyone right?

SCENARIO 3

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Project 2 as I like to work alone and focus on one problem at a time. Albeit I'd rather like to be a part of the first project with a large impact and perform the duties of project 1 with a group (if that makes any sense). Like a I was in charge of implementing an AI system of a game then present my findings to the group etc. but was still able to get feedback from group members. The only thing that turns me off about project 1 is that there are many ways to solve a problem and a lot of people like to just solve the problem without thinking about the expansion of said product/tool in the future or the future implications solving a particular problem has or edge cases it could have that were glossed over in order to get the project done "well enough".

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

I think I answered this partially in the above question. Individual analytical thinking and understanding the process because this process is most likely used or could be used for more than one particular thing in the future. At least that what my definition of a "process" in engineering is.

SCENARIO 4

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

Since it is the first meeting I will sit back, observe each person and idea, and analyze quietly to myself. Then try to answer any questions I have about their ideas in my head... until I can't figure it out or can't make sense of it. Then finally asking a question, while trying to be tactful. Usually open to all ideas and like to entertain all of them giving each thought and a chance until I forsee a potential problem.

Usually my ideas are far out there and unattainable within the given time frame of said project, or could be not possible at all (currently given the tools). So I don't bother making them known and if I do I will make it brief.

SCENARIO 5

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

Do absolutely nothing, play video games, read things on the internet, hangout with my doggo, sleep, partake in some substances to unwind, or meditate.

Philosophy, reflection of goals, and reading. I also like learning new things at my own discretion and pace and working on projects I am passionate about, I can gain energy from these, but I can't gain energy from it if I am COMPLETELY emotionally and mentally drained.

SCENARIO 6

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

Actor, Teacher, Computer Programer (Game Developer)

Difficult to pick only 3. Actor - because I want to change the stigma of Asian Americans in Hollywood, Teacher - because I want to teach people what I have I learned to help them grow and be the best versions of themselves, I want to be a musician because I love music and game developer for that reason (I am already a Software Engineer). Theres so many things I am passionate about, but have little time to do realistically so I also picked things that had the most impact as well as passion.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

Helping others, changing the world, or influencing others so that they may one day change the world for the better.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

[Cant Post the Image]

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

It feels peaceful and has an aire of solitude to it. The harmony on how the canyon, trees, river/creek flow through it untouched by the modern world. The sun highlighting the what interests me the most are the living trees as well as the dead ones on one side of the canyon. In contrast there the river flows over the gray rocks with moss on them giving an eerie vibe. Although the water is on the dark side of the canyon with no light it brings life as you can see with the moss growing on the rocks, the trees on the bank are healthy and green, while the dead trees in the back furthest away are dead because there is no water. It brings a sense of ebb and flow, that without water things cannot survive, but in contrast without sunlight things cannot grow fully hence the sparse moss vs the vibrant trees and grass. All things are connected maannnnnnnnnn haha.

Well what I typed above are in the ordered I noticed and focused on them. I would notice something, type about what I noticed then not being able to find the right words to describe it, I would go back and look at it again. Looking at it and seeing more and more each time I looked at the picture. I have been told I am a very "deep" person and when it comes to looking at pictures I usually see the pictures and then longer and more I look the more patterns and associations I notice.

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

It appealed to me a lot because it was captivating, I imagined myself standing there taking it all in, the sounds of the river, the wind, observing everything around me, how it made me feel, how beautiful some places can really be. The associations about sunlight and water, the ebb and a flow, just reminded me of was a reminder of what I already knew, so it wasn't as "Profound." It's honestly and extremely refreshing picture and makes me want to plan a trip somewhere in Utah or Arizona now :p.

Thanks everyone for your time and responses!

And I look forward to being a part of the Personality Cafe community! <3

- EternalVagabond

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry to bump this. I just want to know my type. I'm still unsure about it. I need the input from anyone

SCENARIO 1

At first, before I ask his family I would be worried about him being angry with me because we suddenly lost contact. I would think about what mistake that maybe I've made to him that I didn't realize doing. And when I found out he had cancer my first reaction would be sadness and disappointment. I asked why he didn't tell me on the first place. If he was afraid that I won't accept him if he's sick I'll tell him that I accept him whatever his condition is. If him and his family has financial problem and don't want me to be bothered I'll explain I'm willing to help him with his financial.

SCENARIO 2

At first I would reject her and remind her that the rules are we all must work alone. The reason is I don't wanna get caught and make him angry. But because she begged me over and over and convinced me it's never gonna be caught finally I give in because I don't wanna have conflict with her and she only asked me to mentor and tutor her so she still works alone and I only explain the parts that she doesn't understand without giving away my answer. So it's fair.

SCENARIO 3

I don't know, but maybe working with groups, because we can share opinions and they can help me to do the project, assuming I'm a new worker. But if I've been working on the office for years I would say working alone.
SCENARIO 4

I'm not really good at giving ideas so I'll probably only listen to them making their ideas and deciding if it makes sense or not.

SCENARIO 5

For me it's finally time for myself. Some nature walks alone does a great job for me to recharge and reflect after five days of working and interacting with people. Or if not, it's anything that I can do alone or with some close friends.

SCENARIO 6

Musician, actor, psychologist. For musician and actor because it usually involves travelling, which I love to do. For psychologist, it's because I love learning about myself and others, why people do things, etc. It's easy for me to choose because, well, I'm not interested in the others on the list.

SCENARIO 7

Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

I imagine if I was alone in the situation, exploring the beautiful view of tall rocks on a boat with the sunlight touching my body and the water splashing on me. The coldness from the water and the warmness of the sun in the same time. Oh, and the wind blows on me. It's a peaceful feeling for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SCENARIO 1

- At first I'd digest the information detachedly and try to understand what it meant, how they must have been feeling and what consequences it would actually bring. I'd empathize in detail with what they'd be going through. I'd be a bit disappointed that they didn't felt comfortable enough to tell me, and question if they desired my support if they didn't rush to me. I imagine I would also anticipate their loss but I'd feel the obligation to abstain from my own emotions in order to be strong for them.
- I think the focus of my feelings would be in the confusion as to how I should respond to the situation, and the eagerness to do whatever is needed of me.

SCENARIO 2

- Since I've already finished mine I'd feel like helping, not really because of their despair but because I'd feel uncomfortable not doing anything productive when there's something to fix. I'd try to refrain from judgment just because I don't like to put myself in a higher position. But would make sure they weren't taking my help for granted and got too comfortable with me, I'd try to set boundaries. Yet I'd help them without causing conflict.

- The fact that we have nothing against each other makes me eager to not judge them and take it as a possibility that this won't happen again. I'd feel compelled to help them in this situation even if they weren't to ask because it would make me uncomfortable to see them failing a class that they could pass when that was preventable. I see no reason not to help them in this situation.

- I can prevent them failing the class without doing anything for them, the moral and pragmatic thing to do is to help them. Doing nothing would be a morally repugnant in this situation. And I'd have to see them fail when it was preventable. I think I'd actually enjoy fixing the situation.

SCENARIO 3

- Project 1. I like the freedom of a broad expansive project. I don't like the fact that it requires a collective effort but it still seems more attractive to me. My motivation is dependent on my passion and my passion more directed towards an expansive project and the prospect of actual impact on the company. The idea of project 2 bores me, it would feel less meaningful to me, although I'd prefer to work alone. I'd feel like Project 1 would have much more potential and I intellectually prefer to take risks than narrow down on things more efficiently but with a small outcome.

- The narrowness vs broadness of the projects, the first makes me feel limited/bored and the second free/passionate/ambitious at the thought of its potential as a work and its impact. The group effort vs working alone, I'd prefer to have control of the situation as to make every little thing perfect. It would be quicker and more efficient to work alone, and the idea of anything unnecessary disgusts me.

SCENARIO 4

- Since you defined them as "valuable ideas" I would pay attention and really try to understand their ideas, and would then analyze them for myself and create my opinions on them, sharing if I agreed or not and explaining why in detail. Then advancing with possibilities that all were comfortable with as to avoid spending time needlessly. I'd be eager to act instead of planning too much.

SCENARIO 5

- I'd clear my head and regain my ability to focus by analyzing what was going on, introspect or think about something stimulating, ideas that I could develop, patterns that I could identify. I'd then listen/play music as to release whatever energy I hadn't yet been able to purge. From which I'd be able to read something or watching some video - process information. And I'd finally finish by lazily watching some dramatic/Tragic tv show or movie as to direct my energy towards something intense.

- Directing passion towards something, through thinking about abstract questions (philosophical, political, psychological, etc) especially if it is an argument; exploring new information that I for some reason am fascinated with; empathizing with tragedy; exploring my artistic sensitivities, most powerfully through music, but also through artsy cinema or literature; or partake in adventurous, risky behavior.

SCENARIO 6

- Musician, Psychologist, Lawyer. Musician appeals to me because it is creative and expressive, and so I'd be able to craft a piece and explore all kinds of things I want, I'd find the whole process from practice, to creating, to performing, highly stimulating. Psychologist, because I'd love to explore why people act the way they act and apply that knowledge to everything, I'd love especially to work in investigative work and theory. Lawyer appeals to me because of its connection to ethics and the never ending pursuit for what is right and what is wrong, but I also find arguing and persuading very stimulating, having a cause for what I'd do, to serve justice, would also feel very fulfilling. But even if I ended up in an unethical situation, I'd probably still enjoy the whole process of winning and persuading.

- Easy. I don't like the idea of doing something that is presented to me as a task without any creative freedom or any clear meaningful reward. I'm more attracted to careers that require individuality and not something anyone could do if they were trained correctly.

- I'm not sure because I'd be most fulfilled by something artistic but music doesn't seem sufficiently intellectually stimulating for me, maybe writing, but that wasn't mentioned. Psychology would be fulfilling in research but the extent to which I'd enjoy practicing is limited as I can't imagine having that patient-doctor relationship with anyone, or being that intimate with strangers. Being a lawyer is definitely my least favored of the three because it's more restrictive, systematic and less creative, although I like the aspect of direct competition.

SCENARIO 7

Firstly, aesthetic admiration, particularly with the lighting/shadow of the image, the cuts of the rocks and the colors. The image gives me a sense of depth, illumination, darkness as a resource and the necessary prerequisite towards light. The sense of space also comes to me, and the quietness of nature. I'd feel aesthetic awe transcending ideas.

- I feel focused on the nuanced depth of the rocks and the particular balance of the colors. I try to absorb the details that compose the whole. It provokes the same feeling you have when drawing something exactly as it is.

- It appealed to me somewhat because I focused on it and I'm quite aesthetically sensitive, and can admire things a lot and be very contemplative. But I didn't have any emotional connection with it as there weren't any animals/humans who's being I could step into and explore.

·
Registered
223 Posts
SCENARIO 1

I'm gonna answer it for general family/close ppl of mine.

Honestly, Idk. I'm not really confrontational, so I probably wouldn't go to his family/friends. I would call or text him a few times and then would "act" dismissive and wait for HIM to call back and meanwhile, I would stress over it and overthink about why he left me.

But if I found it out anyways, I would be devastated and suicidal. My mind would go through all sweet past memories and how they were nice to me, then my mind would imagine a future in which they're so sick and weak, and the one in which they're dead and how broken I am without them. I would philosophize it in my head.

But then I would try to hide it in order to look emotionless (until explosions). I would talk to them normally, without bringing up the issue directly. But I would research about his disease and newest researches for it's cure.
I would insist on visiting the best doctors and trying new methodes/meds.

I would try not to stay alone with my thoughts (sort of denial), and I would "try" to stay emotionally neutral/numb (not sad but not happy).

And if they or others have lost their hope or are hopeless/depressed/sad/crying, it would even make me feel worse. This would be terrible.

SCENARIO 2*

I wouldn't want to help them this way. Especially if it's a competition. And I'm not even good at tutoring, so I would make sure to tell her that.

But I wouldn't directly refuse it. As I would fear what they would do (to me) if I refused it directly. So I would "passive agressivly" avoid it, until I had no choice. Even then, I would make sure not to change tutoring to doing all of this for her.

And at that point I would reason with myself that It was actually the teacher's stupid mistake not mine. And he's the one who let us bring a TEST home, so it's ok to cheat now that we can.

I would also look at other good students and how THEY handle the similar situation. I would do the same.

SCENARIO 3

I would go through pro & cons list. As much as I absolutely HATE group work as it stops you from showing yourself individually, I would pick 1st one. But I know that team work bothers me and I wish I had picked the second one.

The reseason for picking 1st one?

1)It seems expanding, more important and more rewarding.

2)Our boss is in it too, so I have a better chance of proving myself to him and getting closer to him in order to improve my position.

If I understood this correctly, the 2nd one is unimportant, isolated, and the result seems vague. So unless I found out it's actually important for ous boss, I wouldn't pick it.

SCENARIO 4

I don't like group projects. But If I really had to, I would also generate some ideas myself, and I would evaluate their ideas in my head. If I were sure of something (an idea), I would say it. Otherwise, I would work with the team normally.but would prefer to split the project and do my part on my own.

SCENARIO 5

Going grocery shopping at a very big and exciting supermarket (especially with a close family aka my mom),
going to a cozy cafe and drinking some type of coffee,
Going to an amusement park with ferris wheel, going for a walk or picnic (with close family/friends),
OR
Chilling at home & reading things on the internet/books or watching tv/movies/youtube/buzzfeed, cooking for myself, learning something, exercising, or cleaning the house if I had nothing else to do.

SCENARIO 6

1)I picked;
▪Scientist,
▪Engineer (but actually designer/Architect),
▪Actor OR Entrepreneur/Manager (though not extrovert enough for either of them)

2)Sort of. Cause most of them have pros & cons.
Deffo NOT clergy, psychologist/counselor, teacher or childcare though. Not for me.

3)▪Possibilities for improving my position,
▪Friendly ppl/atmosphere,
▪Room for creativity & proving myself,
▪Money
▪Posibility of fame (for what I do/my ideas),
▪Healthy/clean work place

SCENARIO 7

Seems a bit isolated, but I don't have a special feelings towards it. It's just a nature picture. And it's not really visually attractive to me (no vibrant colors or exciting things in it).
It's just a cave, water (lake?) and trees.

Thanks for the questions @Jinsei ! It was interesting.

·
Registered
INFJ 5w4
991 Posts
@Jinsei

Scenario 1:

I'm very bad at knowing how I would feel in situations, a hypothetical situation makes that even harder because I can't exactly relate it to any experience I have had.

I think that I would become very self-aware of my own actions regarding the person at this point. I would try to put my own feelings to the side for the sake of the person. I imagine that inside I would be incredibly distraught and furious at the cancer and the general situation, but I don't think that any of that would break the surface. I have had a tendency in my life to be unemotionally expressive when the situation called for it. It would seem like a far less important issue at this point and although I would be quite sure of why they decided not to tell me, because they didn't want me to be hurt, didn't want me wasting my time on them any more, etc. I would still give them the chance to tell me why in their own words. I would then ask them if they still wanted me to stay with them up until the end, now that I know about what is happening. And depending on the answer to that question I would ask them what they would like to do. Depending on the answer to that question, I might also ask them if they still wanted to get married.

I think that the primary focus of my feelings would be trying not to let my feelings interfere with what the person wanted to do with their remaining time. I would probably be thinking that I am not the right person for someone to be spending their last few months with. I would probably be thinking that I don't deserve that kind of position in someone's life and I wouldn't be very good at making those last few months incredible for the person.

Scenario 2:

I would agree to mentor and tutor them but I would refuse to outright give them any answers to any of the questions.
Doing that would put my own position in jeapordy because the professor might recognize the similarities in the answers.

I might ask them if they could contact the professor for that mentoring, but it might not be possible in this situation.

The things that jumped out to me in this question were things like questioning the motives of the roommate.
They say that they don't want to copy the test and just want mentoring, but could they not be intending to manipulate that mentoring relationship into me giving them the answers they want subtly? This could also be a problem because they might try to place the blame on me if any cheating was suspected, given that I don't know them very well. The professor should be able to recognise that I am the one who has been consistently doing well and the roommate is the one who has been consistently perfoming poorly. This might push me over into not helping at all because it might look suspicious if the roommate doesn't perform poorly on this test too.

I'm not quite sure how college works in other places, but in the UK you choose which subjects you wish to study. If the roommate is performing poorly at this subject then there really is no reason to cheat. I might ask them if it would be better in the long run for them to repeat the year (and try much harder) or repeat the year in a different subject. Cheating at college level just means that you end up with a qualification in a subject you don't actually understand, which seems quite pointless to me. Better to repeat the year and gain the understanding to fit the qualification.

The indifference between myself and the roommate wouldn't be much of a factor for me. I tend to think that I have a sort of helpful indifference about me. I don't have many close friends but I have a job where helping people is important, but I will always maintain a "I am helping you and will be as helpful as I can, but I'm not your friend" attitude.

In summary I think that I would probably help them because in the moment I wouldn't think about it as much as I have here. It's also quite difficult to say no to someone asking for help when giving that help isn't difficult at all and can only increase their understanding of something. I think it's quite a strange concept to refuse someone asking for more understanding.

Scenario 3:

Project 2 appeals to me the most. Working with others when organisation isn't absolutely stellar can have lots of issues. People discover something and forget to write it down, then forget about it altogether and that piece of information turns out to be very important later on in the project.

One centralised data collection system is much more efficient especially when it is only operated by one person. I am much better at working alone and referencing the understanding of other people if I need to, but relying on the understanding of other people all of the time in a project where multiple people are involved would be too much to organise and keep track of I think.

I would rather take more time going into each aspect of Project 1 using a Project 2 methodology and improving the system that way. It would take much longer, but I think that it would be more accurate and consistent.

I wouldn't mind if the completion of project 2 didn't have much of an impact on company operations. I have a job to earn money and be able to do things outside of that job. I am not the kind of person who becomes incredibly invested in the success of a particular company. As long as I can work at that company and continue to earn money I will likely stay there. Project 2 also helps this because it would contribute to my fundamental understanding of the systems involved which I can then use later on in other projects.

Scenario 4:

I would probably be quiet to begin with and listen to the ideas being posited. I might hear an idea and spontaeneously think of a problem with that idea. I don't mean that to say that I am a master critiquer, but that is how it works for me. If I hear an idea I almost immediately start to think about what could be wrong or go wrong with that idea. If the idea is picked up by the group, I would voice the problem with the idea and wait for feedback. I don't think I would put many ideas out there and they likely wouldn't be very good ones anyway.

I wouldn't want everyone to sit for hours thinking up ideas and would probably begin trying to steer the group toward accepting one idea and sticking to it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable if it got to the point where I had to say "This is what we are doing, any objections?" because they were taking too long.

If an idea was posited which I liked I might try to think about ways to improve upon that idea, but this wouldn't be as quick or accurate as my critiques of ideas.

Scenario 5:

That's quite an easy one. I draw non-physical energy from gaming, watching TV shows and movies, and listening to music.
I don't know what else to say about this one really. Going outside and into interactions with other people is draining to me.

Scenario 6:

1. Psychologist
2. Teacher
3. Computer Analyst

It was difficult to pick 3 because I wouldn't really like to do any of these things.

I picked Psychologist because I imagine there would be a lot of learning about the mind involved, which is obviously interesting to me because I'm on a psychology forum. However, I don't think that I would be very good at applying the principles I have learned about to actual people. Assuming this is a psychologist job where interacting with patients is necessary. Formulating studies sounds interesting until you get into the details of ensuring that the methodology is air tight. My success or failure in this job would also be entirely down to me.

I picked Teacher because I did once want to be a professor of some sort. Probably teaching philosophy. But a teaching job requires interacting with people, some of which might be difficult. The age of the students involved factors heavily into this. Teaching anyone under the age of 18 would be a definite no. It also would depend on whether the students had a choice to be there or not. If they are choosing to be there then it would rationally follow that they want to learn, but I feel like even one class clown could ruin the experience for me. I'd prefer to teach one on one to students who really want to learn, assuming that I knew enough about the subject that I could properly teach them.

I picked computer analyst because it's the closest thing to what I do now. I design business processes and integrate AI robotics with those processes. I feel as though my current understanding would transition quite nicely into that role, but it still sounds as insanely boring as my current job.

I think that I would feel most fulfilled teaching, but it would have to be under specific circumstances.

Scenario 7:

The first thing which stood out was the green of the bushes. I then looked at the rock faces and noticed how one of the jagged edges in the cliff looks a bit like a mouth. Then I imagined that it was the mouth of some ancient stone creature, but then I got distracted by the 'digitalblasphemy' watermark and thought for a moment about what that might actually mean. Some religious symbolism flashed through my head and then I remembered that I'm supposed to be analysing the picture.

Then I thought about the movies Transformers and Godzilla and how the monsters that tend to be buried are usually in places like this, and how that rock face mouth might just be the mouth of a giant monster and then I imagined it standing up. Then I thought about the game Assassin's Creed Origins and how this place could have been ripped straight from that game and I imagined the main character climbing up the cave walls. Even now after having answered this question a good 10 minutes ago I am still making little connections from the picture. The colour of the rocks reminds me of the rock climbing scene in Mission Impossible 2.

The photo is a nice photo, the lighting is very interesting and it's a magnificent place. It looks like a dream for a geologist to analyse, but there is nothing in it that I find particularly interesting.

·
Registered
INFJ 5w4
991 Posts
Above post edit won't save for some reason.
@Aridela I've seen you typing some people in this forum and your input on my post above would be appreciated, but I understand if you don't want to read all of this.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Above post edit won't save for some reason.
@Aridela I've seen you typing some people in this forum and your input on my post above would be appreciated, but I understand if you don't want to read all of this.
No problem, take everything I say with a pinch of salt though.

Scenario 1:

My first thought was that you are using Fi here; not dominant, but maybe further down the stack. Note how you use fancy words to describe emotions for instance like distraught (nice one, I wouldn't even know what that means :p ).

But then again, you express feeling rather unsure of who you would feel yourself, and a Fi user would probably be able to guess. Inferior Fe is much more likely, and that's probably why it's hard to discern.

I actually sat down with an INTP friend of mine and we counted the emotions we've actually felt over the years (and could give names to). I think they were about 10 :)

Scenario 2:

Interesting. You're definitely using Fe here. Especially your reasoning about what might be best for your roommate in the long run to repeat the year/change majors.

Scenario 3:

You seem to prefer working alone and you don't seem to care much about the application of your research, rather your aim is a thorough understanding of the problem/system at hand and how best to improve upon it. I would associate this with Ti. Potentially dominant/parent.

Scenario 4:

Strong Ti, no Ne present. Hello there, Se user :D

Automatically critiquing ideas is something I also do; can't help it. Everything has to be filtered through Ti and that's the way it goes. However, my strong Ne means I'm going to be one of the people generating ideas from the get go. It's the most exciting part of group projects for me. I could do it all day, every day.

Scenario 5:

That's an easy one, you strike me as an introvert. But you knew that yourself. Game/music genres could give more insight as to whether you prefer intuition over sensing but I'll go with sensing based on your previous examples.

Scenario 6:

Your choices indicate someone interested in systems/logic rather than people. People are a nuisance if anything. This doesn't mean you necessarily hate people, you just find them tiresome to interact with. I'd go with high Ti based on your choices here. A Te user would be more interested in applying their knowledge rather than learning for learning's sake.

Most likely typing based on your answers for far ISTP.

Scenario 7:

Do I see Ne? Overwhelmingly I'm getting Si. You're describing colours and textures and comparing these to things you've seen before. The way you're analysing the picture is very logical, which again I would associate with Ti.

So there you have it, you're most probably an ISTP based on these answers. Or an INTP with a repressed Ne (which can happen if you happen to be in a Ti-Si loop).

P.S. All that typing mate, you owe me a pint :very_drunk:

·
Registered
INFJ 5w4
991 Posts
No problem, take everything I say with a pinch of salt though.

Scenario 1:

My first thought was that you are using Fi here; not dominant, but maybe further down the stack. Note how you use fancy words to describe emotions for instance like distraught (nice one, I wouldn't even know what that means :p ).

But then again, you express feeling rather unsure of who you would feel yourself, and a Fi user would probably be able to guess. Inferior Fe is much more likely, and that's probably why it's hard to discern.

I actually sat down with an INTP friend of mine and we counted the emotions we've actually felt over the years (and could give names to). I think they were about 10 :)

Scenario 2:

Interesting. You're definitely using Fe here. Especially your reasoning about what might be best for your roommate in the long run to repeat the year/change majors.

Scenario 3:

You seem to prefer working alone and you don't seem to care much about the application of your research, rather your aim is a thorough understanding of the problem/system at hand and how best to improve upon it. I would associate this with Ti. Potentially dominant/parent.

Scenario 4:

Strong Ti, no Ne present. Hello there, Se user :D

Automatically critiquing ideas is something I also do; can't help it. Everything has to be filtered through Ti and that's the way it goes. However, my strong Ne means I'm going to be one of the people generating ideas from the get go. It's the most exciting part of group projects for me. I could do it all day, every day.

Scenario 5:

That's an easy one, you strike me as an introvert. But you knew that yourself. Game/music genres could give more insight as to whether you prefer intuition over sensing but I'll go with sensing based on your previous examples.

Scenario 6:

Your choices indicate someone interested in systems/logic rather than people. People are a nuisance if anything. This doesn't mean you necessarily hate people, you just find them tiresome to interact with. I'd go with high Ti based on your choices here. A Te user would be more interested in applying their knowledge rather than learning for learning's sake.

Most likely typing based on your answers for far ISTP.

Scenario 7:

Do I see Ne? Overwhelmingly I'm getting Si. You're describing colours and textures and comparing these to things you've seen before. The way you're analysing the picture is very logical, which again I would associate with Ti.

So there you have it, you're most probably an ISTP based on these answers. Or an INTP with a repressed Ne (which can happen if you happen to be in a Ti-Si loop).

P.S. All that typing mate, you owe me a pint :very_drunk:
Thanks a lot, I've always gone back and forth between a few types and ISTP and INTP are the main ones that I resonate with.
I think that the ISTP stereotypes always turn me off it, but this all makes a lot of sense. Inferior Fe is something that I've been 90% certain of for a long time.

ISTP it is.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Thanks a lot, I've always gone back and forth between a few types and ISTP and INTP are the main ones that I resonate with.
I think that the ISTP stereotypes always turn me off it, but this all makes a lot of sense. Inferior Fe is something that I've been 90% certain of for a long time.

ISTP it is.

Cheers
Stereotypes are bull.

ISTPs are pretty cool, nothing wrong with them.

·
Registered
STP sx/sp 837
76 Posts
Scenario 1:

I'd be extremely offended, angry and hurt at their behavior. It wouldn't change much after finding out why they did it, at least not at first. While their sickness would probably hit me really hard Id feel as if I didn't know who they were anymore and quite frankly, would be happy I didn't marry him after all. If he had properly ended things in person even without a reason it'd be different. But there's a complete disregard and disrespect in the chosen way.

Scenario 2:

I'd be very much inclined to say no right away. Your grades are your responsibility, and why are you asking me for help only now you're about to fail? That's sloppy. I'm also not about to maybe get into trouble for you when we don't care for each other at all. I'd ask what kind of help we're talking about, I'd only explain/break down questions.

Scenario 3:

I'd choose option 1. I want my work to have impact/importance. I do greatly enjoy in depth analysis and working alone, but it sounds like way too much work and too little pay off.

Scenario 4:

I'd be elated. I've never experienced such great teamwork, my experiences in group activities were mostly in courses, and were pretty bad. People were lazy, sloppy, irresponsible and just not very bright.

Scenario 5:

I'm gonna do something fun, but it totally depends on my mood, so I can't really predict it. Music/dancing would probably be involved, maybe karaoke if I'm into being with others. Good food for sure, maybe indulge a little. I enjoy engaging in subjects I love, like watching people performing, my favorite tv competitions, reading an interesting story etc.

Scenario 6:

1>Musician
2> Psychologist
3> Actor

I just love the subjects, I can't explain why I love music except it makes me feel the most alive and connected to the world. I've loved studding the mind from an early age, I think the human psyche is the most interesting thing in the world. And I do enjoy acting and know I'm good at it, I've heard I should pursue it earlier. Playing a part can be fun. It wasn't hard at all to choose. I just chose what made me happy, the other choices were out of question.

Scenario 7:

The sunlight caught my eye first, but the image excites me as a whole right away. I wish I was there, how many exciting things might be just around that curve? I like mysteries, I'm curious.
@Aridela or anyone who has points, please give me feedback. If I'm gonna see the answers now.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Scenario 1:

I'd be extremely offended, angry and hurt at their behavior. It wouldn't change much after finding out why they did it, at least not at first. While their sickness would probably hit me really hard Id feel as if I didn't know who they were anymore and quite frankly, would be happy I didn't marry him after all. If he had properly ended things in person even without a reason it'd be different. But there's a complete disregard and disrespect in the chosen way.

Scenario 2:

I'd be very much inclined to say no right away. Your grades are your responsibility, and why are you asking me for help only now you're about to fail? That's sloppy. I'm also not about to maybe get into trouble for you when we don't care for each other at all. I'd ask what kind of help we're talking about, I'd only explain/break down questions.

Scenario 3:

I'd choose option 1. I want my work to have impact/importance. I do greatly enjoy in depth analysis and working alone, but it sounds like way too much work and too little pay off.

Scenario 4:

I'd be elated. I've never experienced such great teamwork, my experiences in group activities were mostly in courses, and were pretty bad. People were lazy, sloppy, irresponsible and just not very bright.

Scenario 5:

I'm gonna do something fun, but it totally depends on my mood, so I can't really predict it. Music/dancing would probably be involved, maybe karaoke if I'm into being with others. Good food for sure, maybe indulge a little. I enjoy engaging in subjects I love, like watching people performing, my favorite tv competitions, reading an interesting story etc.

Scenario 6:

1>Musician
2> Psychologist
3> Actor

I just love the subjects, I can't explain why I love music except it makes me feel the most alive and connected to the world. I've loved studding the mind from an early age, I think the human psyche is the most interesting thing in the world. And I do enjoy acting and know I'm good at it, I've heard I should pursue it earlier. Playing a part can be fun. It wasn't hard at all to choose. I just chose what made me happy, the other choices were out of question.

Scenario 7:

The sunlight caught my eye first, but the image excites me as a whole right away. I wish I was there, how many exciting things might be just around that curve? I like mysteries, I'm curious.
@Aridela or anyone who has points, please give me feedback. If I'm gonna see the answers now.
I'll give it a shot - as always, take everything with a pinch of salt, this is my *very* subjective opinion. Always check with yourself and verify.

S1 Strong Fi. You talk about your pov, and how your feelings are affected.

S2 Again Fi. You have a clear sense of right and wrong and you're willing to stand by your convictions. You don't attempt to play nice just to avoid confrontation/hurt feelings for the other party.

S3 Strong Te here. You want your work to be relevant and you recognise the practicalities of working alone VS working in a team.

S4 I am tempted to go with Te, but I am not clear on how you see yourself interacting with the group. Are you more likely to take up a leadership position, take an active role in generating the ideas, or rather sit back and listen/focus on completing an allocated task?

S5 Again, hard to determine from your answer. You don't seem to be a total recluse but not extremely outgoing either. On an average weekend, are you more likely to stay at home or go out with friends. How do you feel about spending vast amounts of time alone?

S6 F>T

S7 Se/Fi You talk about the sunlight catching your eye (Se), and how it makes you feel (Fi). Inferior Ni is also possible (talking about possibilities/a sense of mystery).

Based on your answers the most probable type for you is XSFP.

ESFP: Se – Fi – Te – Ni
ISFP: Fi – Se – Ni – Te

Have a look at the type descriptions and see if any of these fit. You can lurk on the subforums and do your own investigation from there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Scenario 1: At first, I would be deeply hurt. I would feel rejected and I would wonder what caused such a swift change of heart because their behavior was uncharacteristic and hurtful. Then, after learning of the cancer diagnosis, I would understand why they did what they did and I would be primarily concerned with their welfare--with helping them and doing what's best for them. The primary focus of my feelings would be concern for them.

Scenario 2: As long as they didn't want to directly copy my answers and only wanted tutoring and mentoring, I would be more than happy to help because I wouldn't want them to fail when I could help them understand the subject matter better. Tutoring is not the same thing as cheating and helping them would make me happy too, because I enjoy teaching people. The fact that they don't want to copy my answers stands out as having a strong influence on my decision making because I abhor cheating and their desire to learn rather than cheat would give me greater respect for them. Flow of decision process: Do they want to cheat? No. Can I be of service to them? Yes. Would I enjoy helping them out? Yes.

Scenario 3: I would choose Project 2 because I prefer in-depth analysis and because I really, really hate group projects. I don't really care how much impact the project would have on the company as long as I'm able to do my work in isolation and can really dig into it.

Scenario 4: I would be evaluating everyone's ideas in my mind and probably making a list on paper. I would be thinking about which ideas would be best to use, which ideas to discard, and how to combine the good ideas into one project. I would want to make sure everyone's ideas were considered. My desire to turn in the best possible project, to at least consider everyone's ideas, and the pure joy of evaluating ideas would be driving my behavior.

Scenario 5: I would want to come home, put on my comfy clothes and read, fool around on the internet, or veg out in front of the TV. I draw non-physical energy from quiet, introspective, activities that I do by myself. Learning new things, being inspired, or really getting into a story are the things that really get my juices flowing.

Scenario 6: Counselor, psychologist, medical doctor. It was easy to choose because by this age, I know myself fairly well, and I know I want to help people. Helping people is most important to me, followed by learning and applying knowledge.

Scenario 7: The play of light and darkness stand out most to me. I feel refreshed by the water and the cool shade and I want to float down the stream to see where it goes. It's very primal womb imagery, so it brings to mind re-birth. I'm sure I focused on the play of light and darkness because those are major themes of birth--the emergence from darkness into light. It appealed to me very strongly because I love water, I love sandstone cliffs, and of course, I love the womb imagery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1:
I would be hurt and not chill at all about it. I'm pretty open-minded in my relationship, but hell, no calls nor texts for two whole weeks? It's for sure I'll try to investigate as much as I can, because I'd need to understand... Especially after the first three days went by. During these days, I would not suspect too much my SO ghosting me actually, I would start to get worried first. Maybe she fell on a car accident, maybe she was abducted, maybe she fell very sick and was not able to reach out to a doctor, and is now agonizing, who will know? Oh right, her family.
After the C word is dropped :
I would feel sad and confused. I mean, OK all our dreams and hopes are gone because SO is freaking out that cancer will put her to the grave, then so what? Doesn't she trust the progress in medicine? Why didn't she talk to me about it? It should only be a few months of chemo to handle, it would be difficult, but possible. Also are we living in USA? Because if we are, yes I understand it's a damn problem. In this shithole of a country, cancer treatment is luxury, while in normal countries with public health-insurance, you can get cured without selling your organs. Anyhow, I'd feel let down, and I'd feel my trust is not valuable. I trust SO and want to marry her, so if I trust her and love her and want to support her, I should be living this cancer chapter alongside with her, right? And yes, if the cancer cure is too expensive, I'll have a really hard time, and I'll think of fleeing. Money-related stuff IS the worse.

2:
>I respond with sympathy, I guess. I really feel for this guy. I mean, I've always done mediocre at school, even without hard-working, so I'd know I have it better. It always made me sad seeing someone working their asses off and get a bad grade, while I do nothing and get away with a C-. But I don't feel much patient. Unfortunately, I am missing tools to build a good tutor-student relationship, I lack pedagogy, I quickly become angry if I fail at teaching. Plus, we are on an emergency case, which adds to my stress of succeeding myself to this super important test. So, this guy could make me feel a bit unskilled to teach and I would discontinue the session, would he even drag too long on a notion.
>I need to help him anyways, because the emergency of the situation. If all it takes for him to pass the class is to get a good grade at this single test, sure that's what we need, we will not let the poor guy drown. And if we are following the same class, I'd understand how this test is important. Because if the test was not super important, I'd get more lazy helping him. And I think I would need at some point to question his ambitions. If he's doing so miserably at this class for long already, why would he choose this career at all? Or maybe this is not the good curriculum for him and he needs an alternative approach. I'd try to understand why he can't do much... Not to mention I'd discuss these topics with him way before (if he's opened up and said his grades are shitty).

3:
>I'd take the first approach. Not to mention how I feel working with people (bad), I think I do better hands-on at small tasks and task-organising on something I understand already, than diving deep down at something I can't grasp yet. I've done extensive research already in my life, at different stages of my studies, and I've discovered it's very stressful to find the right sources of documentation, assemble them in the best way and output a work of research. Like it's doable but you never know if in the end it's valuable or not.
>Also in this scenario, I don't understand why I should streamline and understand something that will not have an impact. If I solve a big problem, then the solution needs to be applied in all the company, so the company gets more efficient and hopefully easier on its employees.

4:
I've been here IRL, lol. Actually not much, I cherry-pick the ideas that resonate with mine because I aim for something where I can add value without too much effort. As I am in known terrain, I allow myself to argue the applications of their ideas, if I find them good or wrong. I try to correct, to fix, to add my grain of salt, anywhere I could. But once something appeals to me, I follow. Because if a good thing appears, that's not mine, well it's still good. Sometimes I can't voice up too much one or two ideas, because I can't describe them well, especially when they cover topics where I understand the global thing but not the details. In group work, there's always a guy picking every detail up. I don't resent them, they can bring to the table big troubles no one thought of before we end unable to do what we expected.

5:
This is a dream question, too bad I'm answering it on a Monday.
At the end of the week, when nothing needs to be done, I am happy. Happy because I know I won't care about being out with someone, having food in the house, and because my cleaning chores have been done on Friday for some reason. I like to sit at my computer and surf the internet, weeeee! Well... I don't know well what happens next. Sometimes I'll get involved in a creation process. At the time being, it will be to go on the Super Mario World resource and browse all the resources and assets available to practice Super Mario World rom-hacking. I will cherry-pick my favourite stuff and try to implement it in the rom-hack I'm working on. Then, I'll try and imagine a level-design that fits with it. Or I'll have a session of drawing or assembling new graphics. As long as I understand what I do, I can carry on. Of course, there are multiple breaks to watch an interesting youtube video or messaging with my dearest friends, or browsing reddit, or even catch up with a series I like. Although I often end up regretting when I have to binge series.

6:
I've not been here. Hell, I wish I was! My career counsellor at secondary school sucked big time. I don't imagine what Top 3 I'd have done 10 years ago, but now it is : musician, counsellor, psychologist. I wanted to pick a bit more, but I also voiced strong NOs for some choices (lawyer eh, why would I torture myself like this).
I've chose musician first, because I'm in love with music. Counsellor second... I don't know how well it describes the position, but as I have multiple hobbies and ideas every day, I could feel useful discharging these multiple prospects on different people who need my special help on different topics. And psychologist because, well, I don't judge people shortcomings too much, and I am happy to help and make them feel understood. Although, my openness should not justify harmful behaviours.

7:
I instantly saw the light/dark contrast and it's painfully beautiful. I focused on this because I guess I'm strong at noticing contrasts? And I do love the different colours. On a darker side, I also feel like the times where one could see this kind of scenery IRL on a regular basis, has gone. So I'm definitely appealed with this photo because, beyond its artistic value, it shows me things I've been forbidden to see, because now I need to sit in an office near a highway day-in and day-out.

Edit : self-analysis with the key :
1 : Fi
2 : Fi
3 : Te
4 : Te
5 : Introverted (obv)
6 : F > T
7 : F, Si, Ni

Fi Te Si Ni ?

Ok, it's boiled down to INFP/ISFP again. How consistent of me.

·
Registered
Occasionally Digitigrade
2,092 Posts
Scenario 1

-Confusion. Worry that something awful has happened. Reason/motivation: Behavior is inexplicable/no warning. First thought would be to find out what was wrong. After hearing news, would be upset by the coming hardship.
-Primary focus: inability to control the future. Pain of loss and dramatic re-evaluation of priorities.

Analysis: F overridden by T.

Scenario 2

-I'd respond by tutoring roommate, outside context of answering questions on the test.
-My decision would be influenced mostly by the desire to help others be more independent/self-confident in their abilities.
-1) how can I help this person succeed? 2) can I help them succeed within the confines of the expectations of the professor/class 3) tutoring is something every student should have access to 4) it would not be against the spirit of the take home test to tutor as long as it does not directly answer questions on the test, and test is not filled out during tutoring

Analysis: Again, T influence in decision process and Fi. Personal values-based approach.

Scenario 3
-Both projects appeal to me for different reasons. I'd like to work independently, but I also would like to work broadly and have more of an impact.
-The impact thing would be the tipping point. I'd rather choose the project that has more influence. Reason: I want to provide real value and feel my contribution is important in some way.

Analysis: Te

Scenario 4
-I'd process where each approach/idea would lead, and assess how they could be integrated, or if they need to be rejected/don't make sense, and how they would be implemented once chosen.
-The major driver would be the success of the project.

Analysis: T, again. Vision for future/end result somewhat N-sounding. No statements made about level of involvement, but assumes a leadership attitude.

Scenario 5
-contemplate, learn something new, debate, read, watch movies/tv, go out in nature, write, draw.
-thinking, engaging in discussions on intellectual topics

Analysis: introverted, but mostly by way of independence rather than need to be away from others.

Scenario 6
-artist: bringing inner vision to life, scientist: research and investigation into interesting problems, entrepreneur: establish ideas and organize based on own standards.
-I wanted to pick 2. The other careers have aspects about them I dislike. Too much people-ing for people-ing sake, medical doctor has too much red tape, human bodies are gross, being a lawyer would pen me in too much, computer programming is too tedious in frustrating ways (unproductive much of the time). Psychologist could be okay as long as it wasn't clinical. Maybe engineering, but I'm not good enough at math.
-making some kind of contribution matters most. I want to have 'something to say/build'.

Analysis: looking for best use of abilities/tendencies. seeking independence, somewhat asocial/introverted. T and F both represented. N orientation emphasized. Strong S rejection.

Scenario 7
-The shape of the rock formations. Location of elements... trees, water, direction of light. Bend of river. It becomes clear it is a digitally created image. What marks it as 'not real' …. the repetition of forms that look artificial in the trees and reflections in the water, the smoothness of the rock and pixelated edges.
-Want to understand the construction of it.
-Indifferent due to it's artificial creation. Looks like a study in using the software. Nothing terribly inspiring about it.

Analysis: high T and N use. F observed only in value judgements rather than emotional reactions.

Te - Fi is clear. S influence nearly absent. Somewhat introverted tendency. Te/Fi is 'in the middle' somewhere, and since S is definitely not dominant, that leaves Ni dominant. Likely INTJ from this perspective. Unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
Occasionally Digitigrade
2,092 Posts
Scenario 1: At first, I would be deeply hurt. I would feel rejected and I would wonder what caused such a swift change of heart because their behavior was uncharacteristic and hurtful. Then, after learning of the cancer diagnosis, I would understand why they did what they did and I would be primarily concerned with their welfare--with helping them and doing what's best for them. The primary focus of my feelings would be concern for them.

Scenario 2: As long as they didn't want to directly copy my answers and only wanted tutoring and mentoring, I would be more than happy to help because I wouldn't want them to fail when I could help them understand the subject matter better. Tutoring is not the same thing as cheating and helping them would make me happy too, because I enjoy teaching people. The fact that they don't want to copy my answers stands out as having a strong influence on my decision making because I abhor cheating and their desire to learn rather than cheat would give me greater respect for them. Flow of decision process: Do they want to cheat? No. Can I be of service to them? Yes. Would I enjoy helping them out? Yes.

Scenario 3: I would choose Project 2 because I prefer in-depth analysis and because I really, really hate group projects. I don't really care how much impact the project would have on the company as long as I'm able to do my work in isolation and can really dig into it.

Scenario 4: I would be evaluating everyone's ideas in my mind and probably making a list on paper. I would be thinking about which ideas would be best to use, which ideas to discard, and how to combine the good ideas into one project. I would want to make sure everyone's ideas were considered. My desire to turn in the best possible project, to at least consider everyone's ideas, and the pure joy of evaluating ideas would be driving my behavior.

Scenario 5: I would want to come home, put on my comfy clothes and read, fool around on the internet, or veg out in front of the TV. I draw non-physical energy from quiet, introspective, activities that I do by myself. Learning new things, being inspired, or really getting into a story are the things that really get my juices flowing.

Scenario 6: Counselor, psychologist, medical doctor. It was easy to choose because by this age, I know myself fairly well, and I know I want to help people. Helping people is most important to me, followed by learning and applying knowledge.

Scenario 7: The play of light and darkness stand out most to me. I feel refreshed by the water and the cool shade and I want to float down the stream to see where it goes. It's very primal womb imagery, so it brings to mind re-birth. I'm sure I focused on the play of light and darkness because those are major themes of birth--the emergence from darkness into light. It appealed to me very strongly because I love water, I love sandstone cliffs, and of course, I love the womb imagery.
Ni - Fe in much of these statements. INFJ, maybe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scenario 1.
First of all, i would feel very sad and shocked but at the same time i would be kind of relieved i guess? I mean, the cancer would explain the whole sudden change of her behavior, so that means the she didnt suddenly found some other guy and left me for him. I know that might sounds extremely selfish but im just being honest here. I would understand her and why she decided to do that and end this, but i wouldnt let that happen, i would try and stay close to her despite the break up thing, cause she probably wouldnt want me to go through that with her cause of the pain i would go through, and thats why she decided to break up with me. I havent had any long term relationship though so keep that in mind guys lol.. I dont know if thats exactly how i would feel and act.

scenaro 2.
Well, to be honest my first reaction would be to tell him go google the answers or something, i mean its an open book test for home you can get help from someone else, the internet , or idk anywhere.. I mean im your roomate, im not your teacher and im not getting paid for that. But lets say that this isnt the case and im his only hope, well, i would probably end up helping him especialy if it is a matter of passing or failing the class. It would be boring for me but i would probably feel bad or even kinda of embarassed to say no and not helping him, and also its the first time he asks me this kind of stuff so yeah. I would tell him that he owes me a favour after that though lol. I dont like feeling that someone took advantage of me cause im the top student.

Scenario 3.
I would take the second project for sure. I prefer working alone a bit more than working with others. Its also a lot more simple and narrow focused and it has less impact on company's operations which makes me feel a lot more comfortable cause i dont like having the responsibility of something very important. Its not that i cant work within a group or cant take the responsibility for something bigger, its just a preference in this single scenario. Although, i might like the idea of the first project as for the fact that the responsibility is divided to everyone working and not just me, and that means less presure and less time, but still i prefer the simple stuff. Take in mind that i havent worked in a serious business till now cause im young so, again, im not sure.

Scenario 4.
I would probably start throwing some of my ideas too, and then i would stop and start to listen to what the other individuals have to say cause they have a good work ethic and desire to succed the whole project thing too. I dont really know what else to say here.. It would be a typical project making plan i guess?

scenario 5.
I would probably want to just chill at home and recharge after a long hard week. watching some movies and series maybe. playing a video game .. That kind of stuff. I wouldnt mind getting out with my friends though, i would actually love that (if they were my best friends or some close ones and not people i just met or people like that cause im already drained i dont wanna be even more drained lol). But yeah, i dont mind being with my close friends even when im drained, i might even recharge my batteries from that, but still i need some time alone for sure. You know listening to music, watching youtube videos and the stuff i mentioned above. i wouldnt mind hitting up the gym either. Alone though. I just focus in the workout and i clear my mind that way.

scenario 6
Actor seems like a very interesting job to do and i was always very intrigued by it, the only thing that would stop me from doing that, would be that you cant find a steady job nor make a living out of it alone (in my country at least) and that would make the anxiety that i have to hit the roof. Musician is also a very nice job if , again, you can make a living out of it. And i still cant play any instruments so there is that. I cant really decide whether its my anxiety or some mental illness preventing me from wanting to follow those kinda stuff or just my logic. Surely no artist though despite the previous stuff i liked and mentioned, i would hate painting for a living. Psychologist would be also interesting but difficult. So no. Computer programmer is like the ideal job on this list. although it sounds boring its simple and somewhat easy i guess? Its also easy to find a job as a computer programmer. All the other professions on this list are hard or i just dont like them so my final answer would be actor, musician and computer programmer. Who knows even some of the other stuff like engineer or medical doctor would apply to me cause i like doing things that are practical.

scenario 7
I really like the mystery in this photo. I mean like the closed space, inside a cave or whatever that is. that water and those tree in the back really got me. Its so peacefull, so quiet so mysterious. It makes me feel calm. I would really like to live there even just for a day in a tent down the trees or something. Swim inside those waters. Explore the area. Getting lost in it. it would be fun doing that stuff with some good company too. The photo, as you can tell, is very appealing to me lol. I think i get a lot of emotions and feelings from this picture that i cant describe with words. So yeah. Thats all i can describe. Im not good with words.

If you could try and find my personality i would be thankful. @Squirt could you give it a shot please?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, can s.o help with mine, thank you very much!

S1. I'm imagining the one I like the most to see how I would feel, the first thought come to my mind is :"Why is this happening to me?", I'm pretty fragile and is not one to endure hardships or stressful situation. And I just want to have a romantic, or to the very least, a normal relationships, I don't really want tests or trials, I'd rather runaway for my own goods though.

I still helps that person, but only if it is not severe: heavy distortion of body/appearance, dangerous curing methods, that person is leaning on me too much, I have to take huge responsibility or my freedom of love and freedom in general are severed. I don't think I have the capacity to face those things, not to say to go through them, I can endure once or twice but that's it, I'll be far gone. So I may just give money rather than being there and help. I'm not proud of it though, but I will focus on myself, I don't think I want or can be responsible for others' welfare, it would take an enormous toll on me, I don't have the capacity to do so.

S2. I'll just help him. I'm always the one who cheats and ask helps from others in schools, and I'm readily to help them back though, even strangers. I don't think any of them influences me, I just see this as a very normal thing. I won't help if I can be caught though, since that person is not important to me.

S3. To be honest, I don't want to do any of them, I don't want to think or work, and I don't know my way to logically process info, who would know that, I just take info as it is and choose the best one to use/do. And I'll take No.1, it makes me afraid and worry with all the responsibilities (not good with them) but at least it have others, it won't be boring and I won't feel dreaded. No.2 is so boring and lonely it hurts, and something that complex can't be given or finished by me, ever!

S4. Seriously, I'll try to find a way for me not to do anything or have them do all the work or let them decide and choose on their own. If I have to do it, I'll just start immediately and ask or apply their opinion as I progress, and choose the best one for each step. I can't just decided which is better just by listen or know what to do or imagine the plan/process if I didn't do it for real.

S5. I'll go somewhere with a beach to swim/dive or a mountain to hike with my friends. Drawing non-physical energy would be from playing something or joking, teasing, having fun and laughing out loud with friends.

S6. Actor, Musician, Teacher. It easy for me to choose because I don't like the others, but I don't like these 3 that much, something fitting me would be: Athlete, Marine Biologist and Emergency Rescuer. I don't want to work and feel like I'm working, I want to feel like I'm just doing something (fun and refreshing if possible) and have money for being so.

S7. I'd like to hike or swim here, the sunshine is so great though, camping would be fun, exploring is fun too, I'd have a great adventure. This picture just give me an urge to do those thing and make me want to go there immediately, I hope that there will only be me and my friends there though, I don't want to share with others, though a few (new and hot) ones could be nice.

Ye I like this picture as I always want to find such places for adventure-sake, completely natural and is not swarmed with mindless tourists who go there just to take pictures (!?!).

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
Occasionally Digitigrade
2,092 Posts
Scenario 1.
First of all, i would feel very sad and shocked but at the same time i would be kind of relieved i guess? I mean, the cancer would explain the whole sudden change of her behavior, so that means the she didnt suddenly found some other guy and left me for him. I know that might sounds extremely selfish but im just being honest here. I would understand her and why she decided to do that and end this, but i wouldnt let that happen, i would try and stay close to her despite the break up thing, cause she probably wouldnt want me to go through that with her cause of the pain i would go through, and thats why she decided to break up with me. I havent had any long term relationship though so keep that in mind guys lol.. I dont know if thats exactly how i would feel and act.

scenaro 2.
Well, to be honest my first reaction would be to tell him go google the answers or something, i mean its an open book test for home you can get help from someone else, the internet , or idk anywhere.. I mean im your roomate, im not your teacher and im not getting paid for that. But lets say that this isnt the case and im his only hope, well, i would probably end up helping him especialy if it is a matter of passing or failing the class. It would be boring for me but i would probably feel bad or even kinda of embarassed to say no and not helping him, and also its the first time he asks me this kind of stuff so yeah. I would tell him that he owes me a favour after that though lol. I dont like feeling that someone took advantage of me cause im the top student.

Scenario 3.
I would take the second project for sure. I prefer working alone a bit more than working with others. Its also a lot more simple and narrow focused and it has less impact on company's operations which makes me feel a lot more comfortable cause i dont like having the responsibility of something very important. Its not that i cant work within a group or cant take the responsibility for something bigger, its just a preference in this single scenario. Although, i might like the idea of the first project as for the fact that the responsibility is divided to everyone working and not just me, and that means less presure and less time, but still i prefer the simple stuff. Take in mind that i havent worked in a serious business till now cause im young so, again, im not sure.

Scenario 4.
I would probably start throwing some of my ideas too, and then i would stop and start to listen to what the other individuals have to say cause they have a good work ethic and desire to succed the whole project thing too. I dont really know what else to say here.. It would be a typical project making plan i guess?

scenario 5.
I would probably want to just chill at home and recharge after a long hard week. watching some movies and series maybe. playing a video game .. That kind of stuff. I wouldnt mind getting out with my friends though, i would actually love that (if they were my best friends or some close ones and not people i just met or people like that cause im already drained i dont wanna be even more drained lol). But yeah, i dont mind being with my close friends even when im drained, i might even recharge my batteries from that, but still i need some time alone for sure. You know listening to music, watching youtube videos and the stuff i mentioned above. i wouldnt mind hitting up the gym either. Alone though. I just focus in the workout and i clear my mind that way.

scenario 6
Actor seems like a very interesting job to do and i was always very intrigued by it, the only thing that would stop me from doing that, would be that you cant find a steady job nor make a living out of it alone (in my country at least) and that would make the anxiety that i have to hit the roof. Musician is also a very nice job if , again, you can make a living out of it. And i still cant play any instruments so there is that. I cant really decide whether its my anxiety or some mental illness preventing me from wanting to follow those kinda stuff or just my logic. Surely no artist though despite the previous stuff i liked and mentioned, i would hate painting for a living. Psychologist would be also interesting but difficult. So no. Computer programmer is like the ideal job on this list. although it sounds boring its simple and somewhat easy i guess? Its also easy to find a job as a computer programmer. All the other professions on this list are hard or i just dont like them so my final answer would be actor, musician and computer programmer. Who knows even some of the other stuff like engineer or medical doctor would apply to me cause i like doing things that are practical.

scenario 7
I really like the mystery in this photo. I mean like the closed space, inside a cave or whatever that is. that water and those tree in the back really got me. Its so peacefull, so quiet so mysterious. It makes me feel calm. I would really like to live there even just for a day in a tent down the trees or something. Swim inside those waters. Explore the area. Getting lost in it. it would be fun doing that stuff with some good company too. The photo, as you can tell, is very appealing to me lol. I think i get a lot of emotions and feelings from this picture that i cant describe with words. So yeah. Thats all i can describe. Im not good with words.

If you could try and find my personality i would be thankful. @Squirt could you give it a shot please?
Hi Evans, sure. Your way of organizing information is very IxTP - independent, considering/open to many possibilities, but also logical and tangible without much attention paid to emotional considerations (or otherwise some confusion about them). You sound very level-headed, oriented more toward sensor than intuitive. If I were to venture a guess I would say maybe ISTP. What type(s) do you think you might be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Evans, sure. Your way of organizing information is very IxTP - independent, considering/open to many possibilities, but also logical and tangible without much attention paid to emotional considerations (or otherwise some confusion about them). You sound very level-headed, oriented more toward sensor than intuitive. If I were to venture a guess I would say maybe ISTP. What type(s) do you think you might be?
I ve actually taken the myers briggs test for a couple of times. The first time i tried it, it said i was isfj, but after doing some research i came to the conclusion that im not THAT nice to other people or just not that helpful and always available to help and also my friends have told me that i have to losen up and be a bit more open and ''emotional'' so there is that. I took the test again and it showed me that i was isfp, istj and even istp, as you said. With that said, im definetely an introvert sensor but im not sure about those two other letters. The problem is that i have some things going on inside my head like depression and anxiety and i dont know if im completely honest when i take the test, cause when i take it im in a completely different mood than when im interacting with people.

481 - 500 of 530 Posts