902 Posts
Sea Lion

Medium size
Enthusiastic
Flirtatious
Charming
Plucky
Obstinate

These charming pinnipeds are agile, sleek and energetic with an eagerness to their spirit that's irresistibly compelling. The sea lion can be described as a combination of the dog and dolphin personalities - Part carnivore, part sea dweller, it is well groomed with an attractive mind and body. Like the dolphin, sea lions are pleasure connoisseurs who can be quite lazy when it comes to putting in a solid day's work. With the dog's loyalty and generosity, it manages to charm everyone with its effervescence.

Sea Lions Are Profligate

Sea lions have little respect for the value of money, and even though they have the talent to accumulate vast wealth they're much more likely to be found at the beach. Alas, the lack of money doesn't discourage the sea lion from those spending sprees that leave it in debt, for saving for the future is never a priority and sea lions are forever emptying the penny jar or mooching a few bucks to buy a tuna sandwich.

The sea lion's agile mind is exercised by long hours of debate on issues of philosophy. Their lazy dispositions, however, can result in conversations that lack substance and logical grounding. Still, they are curious about the universe, paying particular attention to numerology and astrology. Their cheerful dispositions belie a hot tempered core. When reacting assertively, their attack comes in the form of a sharp, barked retort, but they have no natural enemies and their slippery personas provide sufficient defense in the event of an attack.

Sea Lions in the Workplace

Their smooth personalities are well suited to a wide range of sales positions. Whether selling real estate or motor vehicles, they are skillful, enthusiastic and sincere. Their straightforward, genuine desire to help others shines through in their work and others instinctively trust them. However, their careers suffer from lack of motivation, for they are prone to rest on their laurels. Their irrepressible nature craves the spotlight and they enjoy performing, telling stories and hogging the attention of their large group of friends.

An aggressive streak serves sea lions well in jobs that require physical and emotional strength, and they are a good fit for careers as police officers, air traffic controllers, paramedics or lifeguards.

As entrepreneurs with high levels of self-esteem, sea lions confidently plunge into risky business ventures. This confidence is not always warranted however, and they often find themselves in both financial and social trouble. Luckily, their natural buoyancy always helps them keep their head above water.

Sea Lions in the Wild
Sea lions are one of the few land mammals that have returned to the sea to eke out a living. Supremely well adapted for life in a rocky, unpredictable environment, they have even evolved "rubber" ribs made from soft cartilage to protect them when swimming around rocks in high seas.

Like their dolphin companions, sea lions have developed a rudimentary sonar system but their eyesight is the preferred hunting tool. It is the California sea lion that is commonly seen performing in circuses and animal parks, and the creature's intelligence and social expertise make it a perennial crowd favorite.

Careers & Hobbies
Performing arts
Air traffic controller
Paramedic
Lifeguard
Diving
Fishing
Volleyball
Astrology

Love & Friendship
The sea lion's sex-life is a hoot. Although its ardor and enthusiasm can make a partner feel as though he or she is the only person in its life, it soon becomes apparent the sea lion feels the same way about many people. It's not that the sea lion enjoys being unfaithful --it just doesn't like to say no.

The sea lion is a sucker for flattery and its greatest aphrodisiac is someone showing an interest in it. Because they are in such high demand, sea lions rarely have to initiate romantic encounters.

As a semi-aquatic creature, sea lions are compatible with a wide array of land and sea-based personalities. However, with the exception of the water-based swans and penguins, sea lions should avoid the irritating and unreachable birds.

Clearly, its best partnerships are with those personalities that share its affinity for water. Dolphins, for example, understand the sea lion's need for independence and make for wonderful casual sex-partners. For more serious relationships, the sea lion should consider the walrus, penguin, hippo, and otter.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Swan or rooster depending how attractive I think I am lol...it's funny because my friends were passing out stamps with animals on them a while back...there was about 30 different really cool ones..my best buddy gives me the golden retriever one...wtf can't even be a lizard or anything anywhere I go

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Gorilla Characteristics
Unpretentious Fun loving Adventurous Gentle Lazy

Scientific Name
Gorilla gorilla
Collective Term
A band of gorillas
Gorillas are strong, unpolished individuals with a gruff exterior that conceals their soft and chewy center. They are capable, happy-go-lucky individuals with a disarming naivete. Maybe a little hairy with a tattoo or two too, they are unpretentious and engaging creatures who brighten everyone's day with their enthusiastically warm greetings. They pay little attention to their physical condition and can even be a bit of a slob. With this tendency to be untidy, a gorilla isn't one to recycle or pick up after itself.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got Eagle!

Eagle Characteristics

Attractive *Self-confident *Impatient

Scientific Name

Aquila chrysaetos

Collective Term

A convocation of eagles

Universally admired for their soaring spirits, the eagle has a striking presence that exudes a powerful sexual energy. As is typical of bird personalities, their high metabolisms make them edgy and unable to remain in one place for long. These fascinating creatures are natural explorers and traveling is their greatest love; nothing gets their juices flowing more than a flight to an exotic locale.

Mostly accurate. I do enjoy some extreme sports, but not all of them. I don't like bungee jumping or rock climbing. Totally down for some mountain biking, snowboarding, or paragliding! :) Just not things that make me too dizzy or nauseated.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
I'm a mountain goat.

Mountain Goat Characteristics:
Average size
Nimble
Dextrous
Creative
Unsociable
Neurotic

Some things are more relatable than others (in the extended description, the whole bit about being a loner and observer as well as the entire "Mountain Goat Psyche" part hit the nail on the head, not so much the "A Socially Adept Creature" part), but it was still a cool test!
I'm a mountain 9oat too. Hi.

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx
1,177 Posts
@Snow Angel Alena we should do some 9oat stuff later if you're not eatin9 leaves or wonderin9 around.
Aww man, you figured out my plans for the day... though grasses taste a bit better than leaves (I speak from experience).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Mole Characteristics
Observant Introspective Pessimistic

Scientific Name
Castor canadensis
Collective Term
A labour of moles
It's easy to recognize a mole personality. They have pasty complexions and are usually seen in late night coffee shops, jazz bars or underground clubs. To avoid drawing attention to themselves, they favor dark clothing and sunglasses and are the first people to volunteer for the graveyard shift.

Mole Personalities are not Overburdened by Beauty
Physically, moles are not awe-inspiring individuals. Their pale skin and plump physique are usually accompanied by thick glasses or contacts that compensate for poor eyesight. However, they are comfortable with their flaccid bodies and seek companionship with others who appreciate their more philosophical qualities. Shunning contemporary fashions, moles prefer dark clothes and retro-styles.

There's something compelling about the mole personality, and in the early sixties it was quite fashionable to be a mole in the form of a creative and philosophical beatnik expressing angst through music and poetry. Bob Dylan and John Lennon carried the mole standard into the seventies, but the fashion largely died and moles were forced back underground.

Moles Personalities are Physically Distinctive
Passive and unassertive, they prefer to retreat at the first sign of confrontation and would rather run than take physical action. If they were to be found on a rare trip to Disneyworld, angry tan lines would be a dead giveaway to their mole personality.

Moles are restless and, although constantly engaged in activity, they never seem to get anything done. Careers are taken seriously, though. So seriously, in fact, that with their little heads down and their backs fully into the job moles may not notice the world going by. But even moles have dreams, and long for a time when they can put down the shovel and take a well-deserved hammock break on a quiet shady beach.

Moles have extremely sharp minds and are excellent problem solvers. As reflected in their determined burrowing through difficult terrain, moles prefer solutions with straight lines rather than having to go around problems. When confronted with difficult issues they never give up; hacking away with dogged determination until the answer is found. This attribute makes them perfect for jobs in engineering, accounting or diagnostic work. With their unique underground perspective on life, moles have enormous potential as songwriters, poets, or left-wing journalists, and some of the world's finest philosophical writing has emanated from moles.

Moles in the Wild
Moles spend most of their lives in darkness. Living in underground burrows, they tunnel through tough soil to make their living. Moles are voracious eaters and can consume more than their own weight in food daily.

They are superbly adapted for their unique underground environment: Strong, curved claws make short shrift of even the toughest soil, and mating, childbirth, and dying all take place deep below the surface.

Careers & Hobbies

Engineering
Songwriting
Grave digger
Researching
Music
Poetry
Coffeshops
Designing
Love & Friendship
Sex is not the most important thing in the mole's life but if there is one animal personality that can push all the right buttons; it would be its soul mate, the bat. (Yoko Ono) The bat and the mole share a love for dark intimacy and when these two get together, black magic is bound to happen.

Despite its shy and gentle manner, the mole has an overwhelming desire to connect on a very deep level. If unable to relate to its lover, it turns s to a close friend for a fix of affection, or uses poetry and writing to express its inner turmoil.

Moles also connect well with another nocturnal colleague, the owl. In many ways this is a perfect match; for the erudite owl is a great listener and the mole an eager speaker. Fellow insectivores like the prairie dog, beaver and porcupine also find common ground with their subterranean cousin.

Sounds legit.

·
Registered
642 Posts

Porcupine Characteristics
Scientific Name

• [*=1]Thrifty
Hystrix cristata

• [*=1]Practical

• [*=1]Cynical
Collective Term

A prickle of porcupines

Porcupines are physically small individuals with an over-abundance of attitude. Probably due to their lack of self-esteem, they have a tendency to seek comfort by putting others down and wit, sarcasm and ridicule are the primary weapons of its oftentimes disagreeable personality. Its reputation as a backstabber is somewhat undeserved, although it has no problem with gossiping about friends and foe alike.

The Prickly Porcupine Personality

In defense of the porcupine's actions, its barbs are not designed to cause permanent harm. Instead, they're intended as a preemptive attack to protect its own sensitive feelings, and if anyone is wounded by its thorny words the porcupine is quick to come to its victim's aid.
Like other rodent personalities, porcupines are opportunists and are resourceful and creative in their endeavors. Adept at taking advantage of others' mistakes, they are the first to jump on the bandwagon when an opportunity arises.
With their consciously minimalist lifestyle, porcupines' financial needs are limited to the bare essentials of living and their homes are unadorned but functional.

Porcupines Love Solitude

Unambiguous loners, porcupines prefer jobs that reward individual effort and avoid manual labor or work that demands mental concentration. However, if it's lucky enough to find a job that requires a biting tongue, it performs above the call of duty.
The porcupine displays the characteristically sharp mind and opportunistic lifestyle of the rodent personalities, but unable to function successfully in social situations it is limited in its career choices. Of course, a job like postal worker, DMV employee, and IRS agent, matches its prickly personality perfectly.

Porcupines in the Wild

Porcupines are solitary herbivores that spend much of their time in trees in the New World or on the ground in the Old World. Often confused with their distant relative the hedgehog, these animals are highly adapted for self-defense, and when threatened they will rattle their quills in warning, much like rattlesnakes do before striking.
Contrary to popular belief, porcupines do not shoot their quills but instead detach them easily from their bodies and embed them in enemies' skin. The barbed quills work their way into the victim's body, causing painful infections and sometimes death.

Careers & Hobbies
Excellent balance
Collections agent
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Politician
Reading
Painting
Movies
Gossip
Photography

Love & Friendship
If there were two words that summarized the porcupine lover, they would be use protection! For in the bedroom, the porcupine tends to be a little too curious and explorative. For them, sex is a gala event that should be spiced with all manner of strange toys and odd positions.

Although it's hard to blunt a porcupine's ardor, they are extraordinarily unromantic and never mushy -- insisting on enforcing their strange set of rules about not cuddling before or after lovemaking.

Although the porcupine would never be indicted as a bore, its me first credo generates significant friction in its love life. Fleshing out the soft underbelly of this brusque individual takes a determined and prudent partner.

The porcupine's mate must be careful where it steps, for porcupines are capable of being especially cruel to the ones they love. In fact, the closer one gets to a porcupine the greater the danger of being wounded. Ultimately though, these stabs turn out to be no more than pinpricks, and if its partner's pride and sense of humor are still intact the relationship will only die of old age.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I am also a bat.

Identifying bat personalities is not difficult. Being nocturnal creatures, they come alive at night and can be spotted in underground clubs or dimly lit bars. They prefer the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners, and you'll never see a bat sporting a heavy tan. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who use their full range of senses (other than their poor eyesight) to carefully navigate their way through life.

Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces, generally decorated in unusual but expressive ways.

Although the bat's spiritual side is always on display, they are not overly emotional. Because of their unusual and sometimes awkward approach to life they can sometimes have difficulty finding companions. However, bats respond well to anyone who shares their philosophical perspective, and they love spending long hours in deep conversation. Once they have successfully located a partner, bats prove to be both dependable and committed companions.

·
Registered
30,020 Posts
What Animal Are You?

It's only 9 questions, so it's worth a shot! Especially if you like animals :)

Are there any other bats out there?
Me! Me!

I also got mountain goat, gorilla, vulture and snake when I wasn't sure of some questions.

Bat Characteristics

• Artistic
  • Reflective
  • Unpredictable
Scientific Name

Chiroptera

Collective Term

A cauldron of bats

This is a decidedly nonconformist creature, for as an airborne personality, the bat tends to look down at the conventions of the ground animals. And yet, since it is not a true bird and has not mastered the art of smooth controlled flight, it often appears awkward in social situations (hence the phrase "acting batty"). But as compensation for this social ungainliness, many bat personalities sport a built-in radar which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others.
A friend of mine got Beaver.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I'm a mountain goat.

Mountain Goat Characteristics:
Average size
Nimble
Dextrous
Creative
Unsociable
Neurotic

Some things are more relatable than others (in the extended description, the whole bit about being a loner and observer as well as the entire "Mountain Goat Psyche" part hit the nail on the head, not so much the "A Socially Adept Creature" part), but it was still a cool test!
I'm a mountain goat as well.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts