Personality Cafe banner

Is short hair a turn off?

• I generally dislike short hair on girls, regardless.

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • I definitely prefer longer hair, but I don't HATE short hair

Votes: 60 20.0%
  • Eh. It can be cute on the right girl.

Votes: 79 26.3%
  • I love it!

Votes: 60 20.0%
  • Who cares? If I like the girl, I like the girl, regardless of her hair.

Votes: 79 26.3%
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a good guy friend of mine today, and he told me that I shouldn't have cut my hair so short. Apparently, short hair is a huge turn off for him when it comes to girls, and (according to my group of friends), guys will ALWAYS prefer long hair. My inner INTJ wants some data on this!!! How do you guys (and girls) feel about short hair styles on girls? Is it a turn off for you?

Note: I want serious answers! If you hate pixie styles on girls, don't say you like them. I'm really just curious about this. Thanks!:laughing:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm all for it, though I'd probably be quick to associate it with my favourite ex-gf. Any Amélie Poulain-length or shorter is ideal in my books, but my ideals mean ziltch in the end, and there's been plenty of longer haircuts that have broken down my defenses too.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
This has always been a topic of contention between my mom and myself. She always insisted I have long hair, because the guys prefer long hair on women. I've always liked mine short, because its wash and wear;no blow-dryers, no bands, nothing......

Now I have both, a long curly perm which is wash and wear. though now I'm bored of that style, so time to cut it short again.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
I met my husband when I had quite a short hair cut.
At the time I did notice that I wasn't getting quite as many glances from guys but those who knew my personality didn't care about the hair cut. I used to stand out because of my personality not my hair. I was more fun than most so it worked for me. But on the whole I noticed that most guys look more at women with long hair. It's funny, under the hair I still have the same face. :confused:

These days I have long hair with layers in it, but that is because I missed it being long myself. I like the variety of things I can do with it. When it was short all I could do was put some product in it and spike it a little. It gets boring after a while. But at least when I am too old for long hair I know I suit shorter hair. Nothing worse than an older woman with long grey hair looking all witchy and like mutton dressed as lamb. I won't do that.

My hair was a little more thinned out at the bottom and not as blonde looking. (This was about 12 years ago).

Then about 3 years ago it was like this:

People thought it really suited me and even thought my face looked like Christina Applegate too. I may do this again some day.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Unless you want to get attention from more indie guys and less of everyone else, guys in general will prefer longer hair, and it's the first thing they tend to look at.

It depends on how compatible the cut itself is for your face.

And if you don't like it, it'll grow back.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I've had long hair all my life. The shortest I've had it this past couple of years was to my shoulders.

I had short hair when I was eleven, but I didn't want to have short hair.

I'm starting to fancy the idea of short hair now and started to see that if someone has an angular face how pretty it looks and like it. I want to emulate! I want!

I want to get it cut short around December. I want to get it razor cut and put gel in it and blah blah blah.

Just no dyke cuts. Ew. Although it would help get the point across.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I love short hair on girls, I find it really hot. I'm dying to get my hair cut short but I don't have the resources at the moment. As soon as I do though... :laughing:

I think long hair for the most part looks plain and it's too safe. Not that I think all women look good with short hair, I much prefer my girlfriend with long hair, but I think it's really easy for a woman to hide her best features under long hair that could otherwise be accentuated were she daring enough to lose the long locks. :tongue:

Reactions: Drea
1 - 20 of 117 Posts