Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so one of the things i HATE is that most organizations/ companies/ group always biased to side with their own people.

one of he perfect examples of this is in high school . the school staff would always be stick up to each other and whenever i say something is wrong they don't agree. ( not to say they are bad people just that they have that biased still there)

they would get sensitive over little things i do ( which i can understand i am INFP) and then i'm the one that gets branded for being "disrespectful". (in real life you just need to adapt to it. you ARE going to be offended.)

if i criticize any of them individually, all the other would stick up for them like mindless robots who don't have a mind of their own. ( and again this doesn't mean they are bad people, in fact most of them are good people, it's just that biased thinking in their mind still exist and i HATE it)

the same thing could be said like at Walmart or Kroger. It's like the "Us vs them" Mentality. Whenever i am complaining about something it just seems like they are all biased towards me and branding me the "bad guy". When in fact the only thing i have against is a single employee yet, they all just automatically stick up for their fellow employee even when i have nothing against them but that one single employee........

This can be said about friends too. just because someone is your friend you still have to see the right or wrong in the situation. Now unless they are your "best friend" or "family" then i can understand but if they are just your friend then you still have to see the right or wrong in the situation and not be biased simply because they are your "friend" and is on your "side".

This is why i have decided that if i ever become in charge of anyone in my future jobs i will make it ABSOLUTELY sure that justice is served . i won't based my judgments with biased thinking and i will agree with the person who is right.

( yes i know this can be subjective but trust me i know all about it i am somewhat of a philosopher so i can see things in many many different viewpoints)

and even then i won't brand someone as simply right or wrong , unless it is completely irrational.

This is because i know how it feels to be be a victim of being branded "the bad person" simply because of biased thinking.

i want to know how you all feel about this and if you can relate.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was the 'bad guy' in high school as well. I was in a small International School, where each class had only 15-ish students, and I ended up stuck in the one where there were only 3 boys, and the rest were girls.

The other girls in my class (with the exception of two girls that I was closer to) shared one mind amongst themselves... if that makes sense. We would have these homeroom meetings every Monday to discuss things like class events, classroom responsibilities, etc. Every suggestion I ever made was shot down by the rest of the girls, no matter how reasonable or rational they were. They hated it when I tried to bring other perspectives/suggestions into any discussion. I remember one girl got all pissy and snapped at me because I simply suggested that the sponges used to wipe the desks should be replaced with more absorbent wash cloths. Silly ESTJ girl.

It was very much a "Us against you" situation for them when it came to me. By the end of my last year there (got the hell out of there at 16 for a study abroad program, best decision ever) I just stayed quiet during class meetings, because I felt that my class didn't deserve any of my insights/inputs anymore.

INTJ and ESTJ chick were the worst. They would team up and unconditionally agree with each other to disagree with me. Things got really awkward for them once, when the cute guy in class (that they both liked) agreed with one of my suggestions, and they were torn on how to react. The other girls were just following the ESTJ and INTJ's lead, because they feared being disapproved of by them. Sometimes, our homeroom teacher would interject, telling ESTJ that my observation/suggestion was actually reasonable - and ESTJ girl would scowl at me through the rest of the meeting.

TL;DR : All Thinkers are 'objective' and 'rational' my ass.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Oh, phew. I thought you were going to rant about short INFPs. I was about to... well, nevermind :laughing:
I was about to join in on that rant as well. Those INFPs below 5' 6'' are really getting on my nerves! I mean, who do they think they are - forcing me to tilt my head a bit down to talk to them and all - isn't the world bad enough as it is?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I hear you @the401... throughout my life I have often thought "if you only knew what I did not say/rise up against, you would at least give me some credit". I know you have not asked for it but I feel compelled to share how I have learned to deal with it:

- When I deliver news that is against popular belief I consider the drivers and motivators of my audience... this enables me to phrase it in such a way that it meets their world view;

- I pick my battles... their are some things that bug me personally that are just not worth the effort of speaking out against... this approach has resulted in me being taken more seriously, because there is not a perception of "here we go again... she's off on another rant";

- I use questions and humour to make my point... if people are entertained or forced to arrive at a conclusion on their own, I have found that they are more likely to embrace it;

- I remain as neutral as possible when hearing the complaints of others, paraphrasing their view and validating their emotions... I then tie this into the above three points. This seems to make people feel 'heard' and respected.

I don't know if this helps at all, but it definitely works for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts