Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I wanted to introduce myself, I've recently discovered the MBTI which
has explained so much things that I already knew but I was never quite sure if it was something out of my
invention or if it was something real or apparent to everyone else (I guess this was iN working).

I've had several entrepreneurial ideas through my life (I'm only 20 and still in college), but I noticed a pattern developed through all of those business ideas. Execution usually kills me, I have learned to work through it so I can stop procrastinating, so that I realize that the future benefit outweighs the present con.

As an ENTP I tend to think mostly nobody can really match my brightness, nor my devotion to my very own projects so that why I tend to do everything by myself even it makes it way more difficult.

Do you think ENTP's should get somebody who could help them with the execution of their entrepreneurial business ideas, and if so what kind of personality do you think would be the best to do so?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Get types with the strengths you lack. Js and perhaps even SJs. But they dont necessarily need to be business partners on equal evel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And that has been usually my approach, but I truly think that my creativity could be
way better used if I could start closing much more of my business ideas than I am currently doing.

Too much things up in the air, I have realized that sometimes I don't quite finish them because I
keep on searching for perfection but during that process I get lost and bite another wonderful new idea, so it has been mostly luck the fact that I have some businesses running by now. It's seems just as the way it should be but I don't actively pursue that objective..

No, not at all. I'd rather keep on control of MY idea, maybe it's an "ego" issue with that but I don't really care.
Yeah I was talking mostly about having someone under my supervision, help me through the boring, endless steps to bring my plan to action.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The consensus, from previous discussions in here, seems to be that you need to employ an ENTJ, and somehow keep them working for you, ie try not to let them take you over.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you're good with dealing with working against procrastination and our ENTP tendency to throw a project aside once we think of something we perceive as better, I don't really think you need a business partner. As for me, though, I've realized that I've managed to get the best results both cooperation-wise and project-wise with an INTJ and ESTP, though each was for a separate project. (Though these projects were merely prolonged group assignments rather than real business, but whatever... the latter was an one-year school project during which we had to run our own amateur business, though.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have realized that sometimes I don't quite finish them because I
keep on searching for perfection but during that process I get lost and bite another wonderful new idea
What I've come to know about how I best materialize ideas is to follow a general outline, like:

1. Describe the general idea of what you want to do. Be specific in setting the boundaries of what it will encompass

2. Remove all things that aren't completely with in the idea.

3. What obvious dependencies are there. (This is where you will need people to discuss the idea with) If you can't fix them fast, and with your own influence, well don't waste more time on it. Save it for the future maybe..

4. From the general outline, structurize the idea in more detail, in a way that will make the "model" workable but not to specific, killing all enthusiasm about completing it.

5. Describe stages in how you are going to make the structurized idea reality, with the first stage being something you can do right now.

6. Start :wink:

I'd rather keep on control of MY idea, maybe it's an "ego" issue with that but I don't really care.
Yeah I was talking mostly about having someone under my supervision, help me through the boring, endless steps to bring my plan to action.
In my experience, if you really want to make something happen, you should convince an ESTJ to join in. That's when the litter hits the fan. Forget everything that might be control of what is your idea though.

If you want to keep the artistic freedom - you will have to do it on your own.
In my experience ESTPs are really good at making things happen, almost the way you wanted.
You will have to pay them though, OR, provide them with a very concrete picture and plan of what you are doing, and how they will, for sure, in a near future, profit from it.
(This is a good reason for keeping the plan simple to begin with. Profit must be achievable pretty fast.)
If you have the financial funds to start a shareholding company, that's a good way to motivate them.
Another good thing with ESTPs are that they can work without to much guidancel, while still remaining true to the concept.They will probably save you some money, even providing you with better solutions in the specific cases.

SJs are really good when you can provide them with clear rules and a salary. Ideal when you have the project up and running, and you can be of better use elsewhere.

Of course much depends on what type of project it is, but I believe this is a pretty sound way to go about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts