Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the INFP forum as well, but am posting here as well. I've never posted on the forum asking for this "personal advice" stuff before, but today I find myself kind of stuck between two options.

I've got a male cousin who is INFP. He's been married now for three years, has a seven month old son and is 30 years old. He has no job except for giving a couple music lessons per week. He lives off his wife's income, who is now mostly still on leave from work due to the baby. He drinks quite a bit, spends a lot of time reading and playing sports. He is one of the most intelligent people I know and is working on finishing his masters degree in theology, which has taken him almost four years to do when it should've taken less than two.

He's my cousin and I love him, but I have progressively seen how his wife has been getting more and more annoyed with his laziness. If he didn't have a son I'd probably just let this situation play out, but no dad should he allowed to be this pathetic. If things keep going like this with him she will eventually leave him and his son will be suffer the damage that divorce does to children. Also, every child deserves to have a father that they respect, and right now that isn't my cousin.

It's not my marriage, so part of me thinks I should just not do anything. But another part of me thinks I need to confront him on it. I really don't care if he gets angry with me and won't to talk to me for a while. He needs to hear this from someone, and quite honestly I can't think of anyone else who is willing to step up to the plate.

What's the most effective way for me to help him would you say?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's a TV actress. She's appeared in quite a few shows that you've probably heard of. I think that should say whether or not she's hot.

My cousin doesn't need to "man up". He needs to be more responsible than he is right now and get a job.

I'm not gonna say anything for now. I wanna be sure I'm not perceiving the situation wrongly. If by the end of the summer he's still not doing anything then he's going to get a strong dose of NT opinion. In the meantime however, I'm going to limit my contact with him for a while. If he notoces and asks me about it then I'll tell him that I don't want to get in the way of his responsibilities as a husband and father.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.