Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hitting an Airplane in a week and I'm wondering how much trouble bringing these plants on board will cause me.

1 x Silene capensis "Xhosa Dream Herb" Roots
Size: 1/2oz (14 Grams)

1 x Amanita muscaria "Siberian" Mushroom 10:1 Extract
Size: 3 Grams

1 x Albizia julibrissin "Silk Tree" 5:1 Bark Extract
Size: 10 Grams

1 x Betel Nuts (Areca catechu) Roasted Nuts
Size: 1oz (28 Grams)

1 x Salvia "Crystal Leaf" 7:1 (7x)
Size: 1 Gram

1 x Calea zacatechichi "Dream Herb" Whole Leaf
Size: 1oz (28 Grams)

1 x Huang Qi (Astragalus membranaceus) Root
Size: 4oz (114 Grams)
After I make it to the Marshall Islands my grandparents and I are sailing to Fiji for 6 months... Any tips on how to store these on a boat? Jar+cotton balls once dried?

Who's been to Fiji? Give me the low down, the skinny, and the cats meow...

I also have Herb Farm labeled extracts that I got from Whole Foods including
Ashwagandha
Ginkgo
Saint John's Wort

There are also some mixed tinctures

Ginsing Pills
B12 Pills
Hoodia pills

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Need more info.

Where are you flying from? All these are innocent enough, but in some countries you may be stopped because they may think carrying all these is suspicious. If you have them labelled and you have some sort of receipt/prescription you should be ok.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Some plants are restricted and require declarations or agricultural inspection. It may be illegal to bypass border controls.

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
Ship your worthless plants. Why should we care?

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,203 Posts
Yeah, give it a shot, but there's a good chance many of them won't grow in a tropical climate.

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
This thread is very life-affirming and I would love to know the outcome 7 years on
I hope @ModernVisage found the answer he was looking for.

It is the internet equivalent of unearthing corpses frozen in time from Mount Vesuvius or like the Voyager Golden Record. Perhaps, someday, our hero @ModernVisage will hear our calls and impart his great wisdom and discoveries from this grand quest. The Odyssey of @ModernVisage is like a ball thrown high in the air, as we wait with bated breath for his second coming.

I do like how some in this thread are giving advice to a 7 year old question :laughing: Y'all are dedicated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts