Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
well if i was you i would of tried to bite this in the butt when i first heard about it going on. there are a few easy steps to prevent stuff like from happening i have found.

step 1. take the person aside and talk to him about as an equal. dont go dressing down people like that or else u just conferm what they are say. and the other side of the coin you dont want to appear to nice to him. i think that u should get an idea of what the person is bitching about before hand, come up with counters to their arguments and then confront them. when u confront the person let them start bitching until they run out of things to say.DO NOT INTERUPT THEM WHEN THEY ARE BITCHING. finaly when they stop bitching wait about 30 seconds and then you clamly adress them with your counter points to their agruments.

step 2. if after you have done step 1 and the person starts bitching again publicly ask them to come to your office. this is the whole the treacher caught u in the act thing. and repeat step one. and this time warn them that there will be consiquences to their actions if they start publicly dissing you again.

Step 3. if you have to do step 3 then the person is a lost cause and is likely doing more harm to the group then good. for step 3 you are going to have to publicly confront the person. its best to do this in an open area where losts of people can see. in step 3 we are not trying to change the persons mind but reather to discredit them.they are likely going to start shouting and makeing a big fuss. you must remain clam and colected. you must present your case with a cool head. the person is likely to be flying off the handle and try to physicaly threaten you. DO NOT SHOW FEAR.the best result of step 3 is that his co-workers will see him acting like a big baby while you are trying to talk reason to him.

Only use step 3 as a last resort because it will cause a great disrupter to the work place. if you have to use step 3 always to put together something fun for your emplyes within half a week to week afterward. it will show that your not this devil boss the person was making you out to be.

Hope these steps help you. I found they work but it might not be your style and if you wish to look for another method i wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
correct me if i am wrong but as i understood it she had a postion of power and one of her employes was talking trash about her and she is asking what to do if this kind of situtation comes up again what should she do.

as for u JHBowden i agree with what you say so long as its a co-worker that is talking trash. however, if it is someone who is working for her she has to be the one who has to deal with the problem. if she goes to her boss and has them deal with the problem then she forfits all the power of her postition.For problems with your employies refer back to my first post for simple steps of dealing with. Also i would like some feed back on those steps from my fellow ENTJs i am always trying to improve them thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.